✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Q302 - September 2011 - 'Laughing Boys' article (Coldplay) - Scan and transcript on pg. 8

busybeeburns

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think it just means they still don't know for themselves, or at least haven't known for a long time.

I guess so, but then why even release a single (ETIAW) in the first place if you don't know yourself whether it'll be on the album or not?

Maybe they just wanted to see how everyone thought of it before they narrowed down a tracklisting...

I guess so, but then why even release a single (ETIAW) in the first place if you don't know yourself whether it'll be on the album or not?

Maybe they just wanted to see how everyone thought of it before they narrowed down a tracklisting...

I'm guessing everyone knew, especially EMI, that a single like that at the beginning of summer would mean straight cash. Although I used to think that they wanted to know how people would react to it, I now think that's rather a naive assumption, dunno.

No, because when they say it is your lettuce, you don't eat or taste it. By contrast, music is something you listen to and we've already listened to more than half of the album, if it is true of course.

hmmm, i see what you're saying. but still, i don't see a reason to complain unless MM or MTM are also put on the album, because otherwise all we've heard is live versions and a single. :shrug:

Lp5 will not include ETIAW, Major Minus, Moving to mars. That was intended to be a promo for Lp5 along with two B-Sides. Kinda like the way the beatles did with Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane, both recored for Pepper but not released with Pepper. ( only Charlie Brown, POC and HLH will be included I think )

Coldplay in Q Magazine about LP5

Just found out that there is an article about Coldplay and the LP5 in the September issue of Q Magazine (that is apparently out now). I don't have access to it so it would be great if someone could post a transcript or a scan of the article. Thanks!

Because it's just so slow and it fits in better with the Coldplay b-sides. Not that I dislike it, it just seems like they tend to put the slower songs as b-sides.

I disagree. This song is highly reminiscent of "Parachutes", "A Message" and "Til Kingdome Come". All three are fantastic songs, and are slow, and very much that of Coldplay's style.