✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Q302 - September 2011 - 'Laughing Boys' article (Coldplay) - Scan and transcript on pg. 8

busybeeburns

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I really hope they don't count ETIAW as one of the (no more than 10) songs that LP5 will have. This is considering the rules they wrote before the VIVA sessions.

If they respect this rule and if Q's right about the songs being included, we will have heard half of the record before it comes out :blank:

I don't know why everyone is so against Ever Teardrop Is A Waterfall.

It's a great song, one of the best I've heard in a long time. It would make a great closer too, seeing as alot of the songs seem to be about struggle and it's about liberation. Honestly, you can all have your opinion but it's just souding whiney to me. If you don't like what Coldplay's doing form your own band. Seriously.

Are people really surprised that ETIAW will be on the album? Or were they just holding out every last hope that it wouldn't be?

I am surprised. Never thought the boys were going to make us buy the same song 3 times. Especially considering that the Oracle has said that they don't like the idea of releasing their old material again because don't want to make people buy the same piece of music twice.

I still have hope though (considering that the album is not done and like Debs said two days ago, the tracklist has not determined).

Are people really surprised that ETIAW will be on the album? Or were they just holding out every last hope that it wouldn't be?

I'd have been shocked if it wasn't on the album. Everything seems to suggest it will be the LP's final track.

It's a great song, one of the best I've heard in a long time. It would make a great closer too, seeing as alot of the songs seem to be about struggle and it's about liberation. Honestly, you can all have your opinion but it's just souding whiney to me. If you don't like what Coldplay's doing form your own band. Seriously.

Seriously ? Um. Interesting.

I think that's the matter. But tell me, they say they're still in the process of creating songs to be included on the new album. We've got so many titles of the songs (wikiColdplay) that they considered and I bet they have as much songs in store,so why would they put ETiaW and MM on the album- AGAIN?! I just don't get it. :angry:

I'm a fan of ETIAW. The problem is not the song itself, but the fact that they have already released it twice before the album. And buying a song three times, no matter how awesome it is, is annoying. As you said, ETIAW is great, but it definitely shouldn't be on LP5...(at least that's my opinion)

I'd rather have Moving to Mars instead of Major Minus but what can you do....I'll be a bit sad if it turns out we have heard practically half the album already and in good quality too!

I'm a fan of ETIAW. The problem is not the song itself, but the fact that they have already released it twice before the album. And buying a song three times, no matter how awesome it is, is annoying. As you said, ETIAW is great, but it definitely shouldn't be on LP5...(at least that's my opinion)

Exactly

This.

Be careful about what you write cause someone will come and say "but it's your choice to buy the song three times"

winner winner chicken dinner. enough whining overall. if you honestly didn't think 'Every Teardrop is a Waterfall' wasn't gonna be on LP5, you were living in fantasy land. if you didnt want to buy a song 3 times, you shouldn't have bought it 2 other times. i'm gonna buy it one time because planning logically, i was gonna hold out until the album was released and see if it was on there instead (which i figure most likely it will be). worse case scenario: i wait till the album is out, ETIAW is not on the album and then i buy the EP to get Moving to Mars and Major Minus and save myself a few bucks

I'm pretty sure the Oracle tidbit about not re-releasing the same music is referring to "Best Of" compilations that seasoned bands like to churn out every decade for a quick buck. This isn't like that.

AGAIN?![/size][/font] I just don't get it. :angry:

The majority of those songs listed are probably very unfinished and never got worked on much after they were first started. The band probably had hundreds of song concepts with tentative names. They did the same thing for previous album cycles.

Oh yeah, ETIAW is putrid, but I've only said that every hour of every day for the past 2 months.

I'm kind of surprised that ETIAW really will be on the album, since they're already releasing it on an EP.

ETIAW is a fun song, but it's really not album material. I feel like the band and everyone working with them might be slowly losing their minds to be honest......

I would also prefer to have new songs on LP5 which we haven't heard before,

but ... the situation is a bit funny, because when they started the festival dates, we were eager to hear new songs, which were supposed to be off LP5,

so - we have heard them, and now we don't want them on the LP? ...

I'm kind of surprised that ETIAW really will be on the album, since they're already releasing it on an EP.

ETIAW is a fun song, but it's really not album material. I feel like the band and everyone working with them might be slowly losing their minds to be honest......