• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MaxRide

• taameen**sparks**

• The Doctor

• Mrk

The dawning of the age of aquarius, that was the 5D in it's day and age! :mudkip::hippy:

4D sounds like real fun, does the theater move with the pitching of the ships?

> I was thinking recently about 3D TV, and wondering if it's better applied to novelty things, something one might go and see in a bar or a haunted house? Just ramblings..

3D telly seems a bit weird, not sure what to think about it

I was dreaming about it as well, thinking it's a bit to odd when applied to regular TV.. still, the Star Wars scene of Princess Leia's communication intended for Obi Wan Kenobe comes to mind; very compelling in some ways.

But then ideas arose - hummingbirds in 3-D flying about flowers, or skaters spinning round on ice, or underwater reef scenes, it seems useful for some experiences. Simulations too - vocanoes erupting, or time-lapse events in nature that take thousands of years condensed into minutes.

Brave helios wake up your steeds, bring the warmth of the countryside to our needs.

hmm it sounds great indeed for nature documentaries and that stuff

but a horror movie in 3D :uhoh:

Wasn't what I was thinking, and probably not something I would care to see either!

Perhaps life itself is all the 3-D we really need!:laugh3: For all our creative drives, we seem to be loosing our most human of interactions.

:nod:

it frustrates me sometimes how much modern tv lacks the imagination of the viewer, I mean if you see classic series, they are full of long scenes that play with the viewers mind and thoughts like what the characters are doing and all that

but now, everything has to go fast, where was the time you just sit in front of your television watching someone walking and it really takes the whole walk like 8 whole minutes instead of the maximum 2 it takes now?

it frustrates me sometimes how much modern tv lacks the imagination of the viewer, I mean if you see classic series, they are full of long scenes that play with the viewers mind and thoughts like what the characters are doing and all that

but now, everything has to go fast, where was the time you just sit in front of your television watching someone walking and it really takes the whole walk like 8 whole minutes instead of the maximum 2 it takes now?

How true, I have sensed the same thing as well - seems like the more that is shown, the less there is left to imagine.. but then how to keep viewer's interests piqued in an age of increidble special effects? But then again, there have been a few examples.. it does take better screen writers to create the right effect in the mind, leaving to imagination some things, while revealing others, for it is the mystery which excites and beckons one on.

Hm, well times have changed, to bring back the suspense and timing from another era, that I haven't an answer for, though it might happen naturally as moods change.

~short acoustical break, piano yonder beckons!~

yeah, it would be weird to see things again like they used to be once

I wouldn't say the screen writers are better now then they used to be though

if I see old series repeated on tv here it surprises me about what subjects they were and how good the stories are

yeah, it would be weird to see things again like they used to be once

I wouldn't say the screen writers are better now then they used to be though

if I see old series repeated on tv here it surprises me about what subjects they were and how good the stories are

> I guess so, but maybe some of the qualitites of times gone by could be incorporated into modern TV- I think it's never too late to rethink our changes as with so many things, some really great aspects have been let go which should have been kept on.

The older movies too really were great, made with human timing in mind. Maybe someone will re-invent those qualities, incorporating them into newer TV series?

but now, everything has to go fast, where was the time you just sit in front of your television watching someone walking and it really takes the whole walk like 8 whole minutes instead of the maximum 2 it takes now?[/color]

People these days have a horrible attention span. To the point where a film can have the most uncreative plot ever, but have great special effects and lots of action scenes and be considered "the best movie ever", while a super creative, well thought out film with a lot of dialog is considered "too long" or "really boring". ARG! It really frustrates me. It's especially bad in the US because they live life at such a fast pace. Always having to be busy, never having time for simply slowing down and silently watching the world go by. No time for creativity or imagination or thoughtfulness. No time for sitting around and talking about important things, no time for being with your family, no time for having real friendship and community. In The States it's all about "what I want", and it's not a healthy way of living. Too impatient to wait and watch and listen. Ugh. Sorry for my little rant. I've just been frustrated about this recently.

Can my new song help? I agree with you about most other Americans. :nod:

I enjoyed your song. :) I dunno why, but it has a Coldplay feel to it.

I've been thinking about uploading my guitar parts of songs I've been working on lately, too.

Cheers from a snowy Berlin:)

It seems winter doesn't want to go away here

The Earth is like a mountain; snowy at the top, tropical at the bottom! Much the same here in North America, snowstorms in the north, but down here we just had a summer-time thunderstorm - surreal! I hope you make the best of the snow, it's fun if it's not too cold, the sunny days always come after the storms, and I actually miss it! Are there plenty of warm arboretums there to enjoy?

People these days have a horrible attention span. To the point where a film can have the most uncreative plot ever, but have great special effects and lots of action scenes and be considered "the best movie ever", while a super creative, well thought out film with a lot of dialog is considered "too long" or "really boring". ARG! It really frustrates me. It's especially bad in the US because they live life at such a fast pace. Always having to be busy, never having time for simply slowing down and silently watching the world go by. No time for creativity or imagination or thoughtfulness. No time for sitting around and talking about important things, no time for being with your family, no time for having real friendship and community. In The States it's all about "what I want", and it's not a healthy way of living. Too impatient to wait and watch and listen. Ugh. Sorry for my little rant. I've just been frustrated about this recently.

> I participated in a lengthy informal discussion this morning with some friends at the place I volunteer, and I think you would find a great deal of agreement amongst the three of us! The most powerful pull is the TV, radio, and movies, and in a culture that is in some weird ways addicted to intense voyeristic experiences, yea, that's here for sure. And the competition to top the other movie, or the last great high never ends - which in some ways is a natural progression, but one can only take it so far, and what is lost is time for the mind to think, to have fertile imaginative processes.. How true - imagination takes time, the real world works at normal speeds, we need more time to dream, to appreciate, to realize, and to feel for one-another.

Hyperindividualism is us, ruled by the media zanies and their "programming", though I think part of it is a sort of weird dualism between one mode and another, between plodding along and then hyperactivity.. I am unable to avoid the TV, so I observe the programming others watch and the responses of the typical viewers, and it's definitely predictable, but often it's the only show in town, so people tune in, turn on, and zonk out. Pavlov's dogs at times. It is mass manipulation, but rather haphazard, yet it's main goal is proping up the consumerism through addictive hyperexcitement.

There, a rant to your rant, I now refrain .:)

Fixing it, that's going to be one tough nut to crack.;)

I enjoyed your song. :) I dunno why, but it has a Coldplay feel to it.

I've been thinking about uploading my guitar parts of songs I've been working on lately, too.

Thanks. It kinda gave off a Pearl Jam/ Foo Fighters feel to me. I was actually trying to tune my guitar to the GPASUYF 2009 tuning and came up with this. I have the lyrics written, but they don't flow with the song at the moment so I'm still working at it.

I'd love to hear some of your stuff, I'll bet it's great. :D

Thanks. It kinda gave off a Pearl Jam/ Foo Fighters feel to me. I was actually trying to tune my guitar to the GPASUYF 2009 tuning and came up with this. I have the lyrics written, but they don't flow with the song at the moment so I'm still working at it.

I'd love to hear some of your stuff, I'll bet it's great. :D

You're welcome. :)

I've recently been working on a song called "Autumn Falls", but I'm struggling with finding the right lyrics to go with it. I'm sure I'll make it work eventually! I might have to write some alternate versions. :nice: