• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MaxRide

• taameen**sparks**

• The Doctor

• Mrk

Wake me up when September ends :guitarist:

I love that song. :awesome: Then again, the whole American Idiot album kicks ass.

Wake me up when it's Tuesday so I can laugh my ass of watching DI Alec Hardy having dinner at Miller's house[/color]

Wake me up when my friend and I go on our first real date. xD

You're welcome. :)

I've recently been working on a song called "Autumn Falls", but I'm struggling with finding the right lyrics to go with it. I'm sure I'll make it work eventually! I might have to write some alternate versions. :nice:

Let me know if you need help with lyrics. I can help. :)

Alrighty then...I believe I just renamed the song I posted on youtube. The lyrics to GMLOGMD didn't quite fit so I replace the lyrics and title with a whole new set of lyrics that needed a guitar part. It's actually a song I wrote a few months back. Sounds good to me so far. :) /endrant

Alrighty then...I believe I just renamed the song I posted on youtube. The lyrics to GMLOGMD didn't quite fit so I replace the lyrics and title with a whole new set of lyrics that needed a guitar part. It's actually a song I wrote a few months back. Sounds good to me so far. :) /endrant

:wacko: This sounds exciting!

I'm stuck in a perpetual summer. How I long to touch snow and feel a cold breeze on my face. Oh how I'd love to wear a scarf and boots again. It's been too long and I need a change. I've never liked the heat, but now I'm in a hot cage and I can do nothing about it. While others complain about the snow and the cold weather, I'm stuck here, in a "tropical paradise" when all I want is to be somewhere else. You can take the warm beaches and and tropical fruits. You can also take the mosquitos and ant and all the strange bugs...just take it all. I want only to sit on a cold, stony beach or on a hill of white snow, or on a windy mountain. Where are my seasons? When the weather doesn't change, I get oh so restless. Oh and don't even mention the headaches from the heat. And I get so very lightheaded. I feel dead all the time. What will it take to give me the strength to stay here? I guess it's all in God's hands. I shouldn't even be complaining. I'm far more fortunate than many people in the world. I've been given so much. A family, a home, some (nice enough) friends...and lots of other things. A computer, an iPod touch...oh and talents...I can draw (though I often get discouraged when I see how amazing my brother is at art, I can bake...how many girls make a wedding cake at the age of 14? I'm good a math...and riddles and word puzzles and jigsaw puzzles...God has given me so much...why should I be complaining about the place I live?

Sorry for my long rant thing...I just needed to express how I was feeling... And it actually helped. I'm feeling a lot more peaceful now.

I'm stuck in a perpetual summer. How I long to touch snow and feel a cold breeze on my face. Oh how I'd love to wear a scarf and boots again. It's been too long and I need a change. I've never liked the heat, but now I'm in a hot cage and I can do nothing about it. While others complain about the snow and the cold weather, I'm stuck here, in a "tropical paradise" when all I want is to be somewhere else. You can take the warm beaches and and tropical fruits. You can also take the mosquitos and ant and all the strange bugs...just take it all. I want only to sit on a cold, stony beach or on a hill of white snow, or on a windy mountain. Where are my seasons? When the weather doesn't change, I get oh so restless. Oh and don't even mention the headaches from the heat. And I get so very lightheaded. I feel dead all the time. What will it take to give me the strength to stay here? I guess it's all in God's hands. I shouldn't even be complaining. I'm far more fortunate than many people in the world. I've been given so much. A family, a home, some (nice enough) friends...and lots of other things. A computer, an iPod touch...oh and talents...I can draw (though I often get discouraged when I see how amazing my brother is at art, I can bake...how many girls make a wedding cake at the age of 14? I'm good a math...and riddles and word puzzles and jigsaw puzzles...God has given me so much...why should I be complaining about the place I live?

Sorry for my long rant thing...I just needed to express how I was feeling... And it actually helped. I'm feeling a lot more peaceful now.

Wow, that was cool. I must say I feel the same than you, although I don't live in a tropical place but a more temperate place.

ALL I WANT IS COLD AGAIN! :cry:

I need some major advice. I'm very passionate about my music. I'll write out lyrics for songs, and express how I truly feel. However, I feel embarrassed to sing these songs in front of people. I feel I can sing songs about self pain and or joy because somebody might ask, "Hey whats wrong?" How can I overcome this? I don't mind singing in front of people but fear people will think my choice of words and or lyrics sound cheesy etc.

Goodnight everyone. :escaping3:

I need some major advice. I'm very passionate about my music. I'll write out lyrics for songs, and express how I truly feel. However, I feel embarrassed to sing these songs in front of people. I feel I can sing songs about self pain and or joy because somebody might ask, "Hey whats wrong?" How can I overcome this? I don't mind singing in front of people but fear people will think my choice of words and or lyrics sound cheesy etc.

To an extent, I feel the same way whenever someone reads my Rezzy Leon stories and poetry. As a matter of fact, my poem "Calendars" is a perfect example of such. When I wrote that, it was around mid-November 2012, when my feelings for my previous crush was at its pinnacle. It's basically about making every moment with someone you care about a lot worthy, because whenever the time comes for final goodbyes, in my case, graduation, you won't know when/if you'll see them again.

I kept it in my box, along with all of my other poems/lyrics until a few weeks ago, when I decided to propose it to be featured in the yearbook. Fortunately, it made its way in, despite me thinking it sounds too cheesy or simple for it to be a poem worthy for the yearbook. xD I usually don't get asked such questions about why I wrote it, or the meaning, but I'd like to see what people think of it, besides "It's really good."

Keaton, your lyrics fuckin rock! They're bloody amazing and you're super talented, if some one asks what's up or what your songs are about just tell them these songs are personal.

Coldplay don't go into an interview and say "right this is what the song is about and this is who, what, where, when and why we wrote it" do they?

You don't have to explain your songs, your lyrics, to people.

Sing Keaton!

I spoke with a performer down here who's only fear was playing to someone he knew in the audience, and his advice was to just look up at to the back wall beyond the audience, and once you get into a groove, you've got the audience with you, then it's easy to just be your natural self. I think he played Jimmy Buffet type songs (hey, this is Florida!).

Goodnight Keaton :thumbsup:

I know there's a thread for poems, but I'm too lazy to go to it... But here's a poem I wrote and I'm really not sure if it's very good. :\

I sit upon a stony beach

Staring at the sky

The thick clouds cover silver blue

Dancing in my eye

Now bursting in so quietly

Filling all around

The flames of pink and strokes of orange

Crept without a sound

I glance down at the sea below

Calm and beautiful

Those ripples mirror the burning light

Nothing's grey or dull

A golden glow on all around

Covering the shore

I grasp to see all that I can

Try to take in more

I blink and then the moments gone

Just a memory

The sun has gone, left me behind

Darkness now I see

I know there's a thread for poems, but I'm too lazy to go to it... But here's a poem I wrote and I'm really not sure if it's very good. :\

I sit upon a stony beach

Staring at the sky

Dancing in my eye

Filling all around

Crept without a sound

Calm and beautiful

Nothing's grey or dull

Covering the shore

Try to take in more

Just a memory

Darkness now I see

:blank: ...just....beautiful...seriously Troxley that's a great poem. The way you described whats going it makes it good. Nice one.

Thanks Molly, Anthony. I just needed to let that out haha :nice:

How are you guys today? :wacko:

You're welcome. :nice:

My day, so far, has been feeling very abnormal...

I went up to the school today to help with the senior video, but nobody showed up for it! I noticed I was the only person around. It felt very haunting to me walking about the outside of the school, as no one was around. It felt like I was forced to remember what happened at certain locations at the school. It also felt very deserted... I was saying stuff like "Oh, I remember standing there, watching her walk away that one day," etc. I also felt very lonesome and frustrated, too...

You guys just inspired me to write a song about good friends. :hug:

:hug:

I sit upon a stony beach

Staring at the sky

Dancing in my eye

Filling all around

Crept without a sound

Calm and beautiful

Nothing's grey or dull

Covering the shore

Try to take in more

Just a memory

Darkness now I see

The scenery in this poem is fantastic! I love it, Molly. :D You need to have more confidence when presenting your work, rather than doubting yourself about if it's good or not. The author of a piece may not like the work him/herself, but someone else, out there, somewhere, may think it's the best thing that they've ever admired.

I sit upon a stony beach

Staring at the sky

Dancing in my eye

Filling all around

Crept without a sound

Calm and beautiful

Nothing's grey or dull