🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

I'm pretty sure Charlie Brown will be the first single picked up from LP5

coldpatrix

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like Radiohead nor Muse...

Muse I think is really overrated. I've seen them live and I just don't get why everyone loves them? I like that one song "Knights of Cydonia." But seriously, what's the big deal?!

But I love Radiohead. Though Coldplay is way better.

Muse I think is really overrated. I've seen them live and I just don't get why everyone loves them? I like that one song "Knights of Cydonia." But seriously, what's the big deal?!

But I love Radiohead. Though Coldplay is way better.

I couldn't figure out Muse for a very long time, but some time now I really like listening to many of their songs. Many, but not most. And I think the lead singer's voice (whatever his name) is unchanging (the colour of it) which bothers me much. But that's just my opinion.

And as for Radiohead, I can't make any sense of that band. I always feel guilty for not listening to them when some of my friends praise them to skies. I feel like I'm missing something important, but whenever I decide to give it a listen I can't even see through one single track. I just can't find myself in that stuff. Which is awkward because Coldplay are allegedly influenced by them. :shrug:

I couldn't figure out Muse for a very long time, but some time now I really like listening to many of their songs. Many, but not most. And I think the lead singer's voice (whatever his name) is unchanging (the colour of it) which bothers me much. But that's just my opinion.

And as for Radiohead, I can't make any sense of that band. I always feel guilty for not listening to them when some of my friends praise them to skies. I feel like I'm missing something important, but whenever I decide to give it a listen I can't even see through one single track. I just can't find myself in that stuff. Which is awkward because Coldplay are allegedly influenced by them. :shrug:

As far as Muse goes, I just find them...boring. OH I like the song "Starlight."

And for Radiohead, I'm a weird Radiohead fan. I've l over them for going on a decade now, and many diehards would kill me (I don't like OK Computer, TKOL is awesome, and Hail to the Thief is the best album by a landslide). I have a good friend who's a Radiohead fanatic and hates talking to me about it because I don't agree with him. A little close-minded, don't you think?

As far as Muse goes, I just find them...boring. OH I like the song "Starlight."

And for Radiohead, I'm a weird Radiohead fan. I've l over them for going on a decade now, and many diehards would kill me (I don't like OK Computer, TKOL is awesome, and Hail to the Thief is the best album by a landslide). I have a good friend who's a Radiohead fanatic and hates talking to me about it because I don't agree with him. A little close-minded, don't you think?

That depends. If you talk rubbish and are not very familiar with the band's work, if you form an opinion based on couple of songs only and say you know the band, then your mate is right. But I don't believe that's the case with the two of you, so yeah, he must be close-minded. Related to that, I can't stand people who claim the only Coldplay songs that have value are Fix You, Yellow & co. just because they're the most known ones, that is, I hate when they say they love Coldplay based on being acquainted with the songs mentioned above. I don't even try to reassure them.

I could argue that Muse are even more talented than Coldplay. That's doesn't mean that I want to listen to NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNEEEEE'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNA TTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKE MEEEE AAAAAAAAAAAAALLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVEEEE or any of their angsty anti-oppressionist bullshit all the time. Coldplay takes things simpler, and I probably enjoy Coldplay a lot more than Muse from time to time. It's not always SRS BIZZNESS like Muse is. :)

OKay, I must say, when Muse releases a new album I flip out about it for about a month or two, and then I really get bored about it after that. Coldplay always has something to milk out in every one of their songs, whether it be lyrics or enjoying an aspect you haven't noticed before about it.

^This

Muse has some decent stuff and they've definitely gotten better. The Resistance is their best album by a long shot, but Matt Bellamy's voice can get annoying pretty quickly. And so many of their songs (especially from the last two) have the same sort of quasi-anarchistic revolutionary theme to them which gets old. Bellamy's piano is amazing though. And I like the way they incorporate more classical stuff into their music (like Collateral Damage on the last album).

That said Coldplay is way better.

And OneRepublic sucks...anyone with a song called Everybody Loves Me needs to just shut up and come to grips with reality.

Muse isn't bad, but I have to agree that I get bored pretty quickly with them. I could listen to Muse all day and I would think I'd listened to the same song over and over; whereas with Coldplay I can listen all day and remember what was cool about this song, or that I liked this riff. With Muse, it all just bleeds together :shrug:

Coldplay is really the only band I can stand to listen to for more than a few minutes at a time

And best bands:

1. Coldplay

2. Five for Fighting

3. Keane

4. Muse

5. Elbow / U2