✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Just What Does "Mylo Xyloto" Mean?

Wickett

I didn't see a topic for this yet, so I thought I'd start one. If there was one and I missed it, apologies.

I can't help but wonder however, just what the title actually means. Is it something they came up with all on their own? Is it part of a man's name, or did they pull out a foreign language again? At any rate, I have no clue what it could mean, and I'm also still wondering if "Xylobrites" has anything to do with it, and what it means.

Post your speculation and educated guesses here. :)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mylo is an artist in the UK who displays his work in public areas (like graffiti, posters of pictures or diagrams, etc.) Xyloto is a play on the word this artist uses for cameras. It';s about the use of alternative media to get out the real messages that need to be seen and heard by the public as opposed to the mainstream m...

SAW THAT on internet

Mylo is an artist in the UK who displays his work in public areas (like graffiti, posters of pictures or diagrams, etc.) Xyloto is a play on the word this artist uses for cameras. It';s about the use of alternative media to get out the real messages that need to be seen and heard by the public as opposed to the mainstream m...

SAW THAT on internet

Sounds almost like a complete rip-off, but it's plausible. Being a conservative minded thinker, I don't always agree with what Coldplay has to say about world issues, but I will agree that the mainstream media is severely filtered. Some of what they portray I definitely agree with. Take Violet Hill for example.

That was me Juanma - i just posted that on billboard.com - I can't take full credit for finding the artist mylo - someone else on these forum found out about it, and i took a look at the site, and totally fit with the theme of their songs and it is absolutely brilliant.

Graffiti was and is still a form of alternative media, communication to the public that is almost subliminal at times but trying to get out the truth, unlike our mainstream media sometimes. Xylo is a community of graffiti artists i think actually, although mylo has something called xylo in his/her artwork - and someone else mentioned xylo may be a root word for wood, and perhaps the precursor for wood art that then evolved to graffiti art.

here's a link to one of the images - http://www.xylo.me/2.html

http://www.xylo.me/ (the main page)

It's an absolutely brilliant title, in that it will get a mass of people to look this artist up, and see the images, and thus get the message out to even more people. Coldplay are such an earnest, and humble band, using their popularity and fame to get out real messages to the world even if they were not the original creators - artists supporting other artists - if you read the billboard interview - he mentions how the artistic community need to stick together and work as a team to bring messages to society. They have really upped the game.

bravo Coldplay.

Wickett - wikileaks totally exposed a lot of the truth that was kept hidden from the public, the fukushima disaster and the lethal radiation that is still seeping to this day was kept hidden from the local japanese and the rest of the world for quite some time even though we all knew the truth,

That's what this album's about - not necessarily conspiracy theories, but that we need to investigate and find the truth from the ground up (mylo as a street artist without much money, but his/her creativity and passion to say something - the powers that be don't necessarily have the public's interest all the time, and we as individuals have to take risks to bring the truth to the people, in this case artists do that - a lot of times people are like what the hell are they talking about but they take the risk regardless.

This album is a homage to those artists and the messages they are trying to bring to the world.

http://www.xylo.me/Supermarket-Intervention.html

http://www.xylo.me/2-D.html

http://www.xylo.me/2.html

Beautiful and effective, it's almost like fight club, when they switch the airplane instructions in case of a crash landing.

I am well aware of that. I hope you didn't take from me saying I'm conservative minded that I vote for anyone with an R after their name, because that simply isn't true. The government hides a lot of things from this world, and so does the mainstream media. My question is, are the messages that are being portrayed by Coldplay accurate? Something that is going to come down strictly to opinion, so I see no need in getting into that.

Lies are everywhere, they always have been. I'm all for uncovering them.

I hear you Wickett - and I'll tell you I used to vote Democratic straight up, and only because I was trying to get the imbecile George W bush out of office. I now actually vote for the person rather than party, but have been voting more for conservative (fiscally wise) candidates after having worked in NYC hospitals and seeing the abject waste of spending enabled by Democrats on welfare for people who take no responsibility for themselves. It's amazing what happens when you actually have to pay taxes, and see the addiction people have in spending other people's money to get votes and keep people poor by giving them no incentive to take responsibility for themselves.

Check out the billy meier story (The Silent Revolution of Truth) - if you want to hear about the most suppressed and important story for our survival on this ever shrinking world (with regards to resources that is). The amount of evidence in the case is mind blowing and makes it one of the most credible sources of information regarding our past history and our future one.

i think mylo xyloto could refer to some type of painkiller which is used to cure the toothache, which means lp5 is an album aiming to fix your hurt feelings if u listen to it. :D

mylo is also the name of an artist who happens to paint stuff like the artwork they are doing in this album. they might have been inspired by all his work.

i think it could contain these meanings. anyway, it does sound cool and ET:lol:

I hear you Wickett - and I'll tell you I used to vote Democratic straight up, and only because I was trying to get the imbecile George W bush out of office. I now actually vote for the person rather than party, but have been voting more for conservative (fiscally wise) candidates after having worked in NYC hospitals and seeing the abject waste of spending enabled by Democrats on welfare for people who take no responsibility for themselves. It's amazing what happens when you actually have to pay taxes, and see the addiction people have in spending other people's money to get votes and keep people poor by giving them no incentive to take responsibility for themselves.

Check out the billy meier story (The Silent Revolution of Truth) - if you want to hear about the most suppressed and important story for our survival on this ever shrinking world (with regards to resources that is). The amount of evidence in the case is mind blowing and makes it one of the most credible sources of information regarding our past history and our future one.

I take the stance that mankind as a whole is a rather ignorant species when misguided. I firmly believe that no one man, or any "solution" that any man can conjure up will solve the worlds problems, so in a way, I can relate to what Coldplay has to say in their songs, whether I agree with their left wing viewpoint or not.

u're talking about xylotox - interesting didn't think about that, that's a possibility.

whatever it is - it's a brilliant album bc it's going to get people to look up mylo's art work and essentially the messages about the world they are trying to convey.

Guest howyousawtheworld

What does Mylo Xyloto mean?

So even though the best explanations were made in reference to graffiti and certain graffiti artists the quest is on to get your definition of Mylo Xyloto. Seen a few suggestions on twitter. "A new brand of condoms", The latin for "Homo Music", and Dr Robotniks real name being amongst a few names that made me chuckle, albeit homo music bringing out the immature in me.

Got any wittier suggestions? Or do you have immature ones as well?

Guest howyousawtheworld
I know they've posted how to say it, but i wanna make sure. is it Mylo (Zyleto), as in 'let'. so it's, zy-LET-o. or is it like, zy-LO-to?

Reminded me of The Police album Zenyatta Mondatta, which didn't mean anything at all either.