✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I do not understand hurts like heaven will be in the album or not?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im glad that at least someone in the Coldplay camp acknowledges the fact that we love hurts like heaven. I would love to think that that little bit will get back to chris and them, and that they will do something about it. I feel special knowing that I brought it up and they saw it.

Yeah! I hope that that question make them note that we love Hurts Like Heaven!

i'd find it strange as well if it would not make it to the album. I really do not understand why you would compare lyrics... I love viva because of the diversity in music and subject. I mean if you listen to 42 with 2 times the word 'death' in the first two lines and then there's the strawberry swing :) much more sweet and humble.

• 2 weeks later...

Hurts Like Heaven on Olympic Games?

I have one idea of possible explanation for interviews saying it to be likely single and then others saying to maybe scrap it from MX:

I think they will ,as they said , not release it on MX, tease us of an EP this year, and they could probably release it near February - March 2012. HLH would not be on the album, as Billboard magazine said, but it would be on the EP, and be a single, as Q magazine said (It could be released in similar ways to Life In Technicolor ii). There would be an MX single on April and The HLH single could be released in June, and it would end up being the anthem to open the Olympic Games on London 2012. That's my theory. :D Enjoy or hate...

Spike could put an end on this mystery to us. He has access to the songs length. If he confirms us that Mylo Xyloto track is 0:42 length, then Hurts Like Heaven is in, because there is no MX without Hurts Like Heaven. If he says Mylo Xyloto is not 0:42 lenght, then Mylo Xyloto is not MX. So we can be afraid. SPIKE PLEASE help us!

A little bit off topic perhaps, but does anyone else realise that

1) MX is the opener to HLH

2) HLH Has very similar chords to '42' from the VLV Era, in fact, it's possible to fit

You thought you might be a ghost

You didn't get to Heaven but you made it close

You didn't get to Heaven but you ohhh-ohhh

into the entirety of Jonny-boy's solo, and it goes incredibly well (the 'ohhh-ohhh' of 42 fits perfectly with the 'whoa, whoaa' of HLH)

3) MX might be 42 seconds long O:

A little bit off topic perhaps, but does anyone else realise that

1) MX is the opener to HLH

2) HLH Has very similar chords to '42' from the VLV Era, in fact, it's possible to fit

You didn't get to Heaven but you made it close

You didn't get to Heaven but you ohhh-ohhh

into the entirety of Jonny-boy's solo, and it goes incredibly well (the 'ohhh-ohhh' of 42 fits perfectly with the 'whoa, whoaa' of HLH)

3) MX might be 42 seconds long O:

IMO:

There will not be any track called 'MX' on Mylo Xyloto, when you buy it.

MX will be kinda hidden/incorporated as an intro to Hurts Like Heaven, it will not be a separate track.

Mylo Xyloto is a song registered as 3:30 minutes song (obviously not the same played before HLH).

And yes, that solo fits into 42.