✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I do not understand hurts like heaven will be in the album or not?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a MAYBE.

The other ones are definite YES. The shock is that we all thought that HLH will be MX opener and it's a great song.

I personally think it will end up on the album. The tracklist is very likely to be announced soon or on Sept 12 at the latest.

I know, I was so shocked when I read the Billboard article and it said HLH might not be on the album!! I can understand MTM not being on there, but HLH is just great. I really hope they include it or at least make it a b-side so we have a studio version.

They have the running man/fuzzy man tshirt on their website with the description:

"...Running Man printed on the front and lists the dates from the current summer tour on the back."

http://coldplay.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/product?sourceCode=COLWEBUKWGBP&sku=COL52531

That better not mean that this guy's just a summer thing. I was thinking that if they put this on their site, surely they will perform the song during the real tour and that for sure this song was on the album.

I just saw another poster being outraged that this may not be appearing on the album, all of you, do yourselves a favour, listen to this song objectively, pretend its another band if you like, and realise it's a really bland song. It's not awful or anything, because if it was awful it would at least be something, it is in fact nothing.

Hem Hem:

"Though the band have not yet revealed a track listing, the album will definitely including the hit "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall" and the second single "Paradise," and is very likely to include the songs "Us Against the World," "Charlie Brown," "Hurts Like Heaven" and "Major Minus," all of which have been performed regularly at recent Coldplay gigs."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/coldplay-announce-new-album-mylo-xyloto-20110812

hlh.jpg

CHRIS' Words:

"Well, that's a good baptism of fire. So there's a couple of songs which I know are pretty good, because I know that when we're playing it I don't feel stupid."

Couple Of Songs = "Hurts Like Heaven & Charlie Brown"

Hurts Like Heaven = On Mylo Xyloto

The End

Hem Hem:

"Though the band have not yet revealed a track listing, the album will definitely including the hit "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall" and the second single "Paradise," and is very likely to include the songs "Us Against the World," "Charlie Brown," "Hurts Like Heaven" and "Major Minus," all of which have been performed regularly at recent Coldplay gigs."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/coldplay-announce-new-album-mylo-xyloto-20110812

hlh.jpg

CHRIS' Words:

"Well, that's a good baptism of fire. So there's a couple of songs which I know are pretty good, because I know that when we're playing it I don't feel stupid."

Couple Of Songs = "Hurts Like Heaven & Charlie Brown"

Hurts Like Heaven = On Mylo Xyloto

The End

STOP IT.

Billboard article said: "But another uptempo track, "Hurts Like Heaven," and particularly the "Major Tom"-meets-Sinatra exercise of "Moving to Mars" could potentially (tragically?) end up on the scrap heap."

I think it will make the album and i guess it's place has been decided a while ago, it's an important part of the album's promotion, as the first thing we saw from this era was the fuzzy man and traditionally the concert's oppening is the same song that opens the album. If they take it off I'll be very surprised.

They put too much work into it for it to not be on the album. They have all those backing tracks with those cool noises and the backing vocal tracks with effects on them. Also it's fucking good. It's my favorite song from the MX era. THEY MUST DO IT.

Aren't the lyrics of HLH painted on the instruments?

They put too much work into it for it to not be on the album.

Good songs come naturally, if they put a lot of work into it that would indicate they have an average song that they are trying to make album-worthy, you can't force creativity.

I still don't get why people need this to be on the album.

Good songs come naturally, if they put a lot of work into it that would indicate they have an average song that they are trying to make album-worthy, you can't force creativity.

I still don't get why people need this to be on the album.

Well, great songs come naturally but you still have to work on them...

Here's what I think about Hurts Like Heaven and WHY it should be on the album:

Jonny owns this song, hands down. The song is so simplistic (it's basically only two chords), but Coldplay still finds ways of making it completely epic. After MX (which doesn't do much for me personally), Chris's curtain of lyrical content falls down over the music with a rainstorm of rebellious graffiti references that keep the beat of the song just as well as Jonny's hammering muffled-powerchords. The drum beat keeps a simple New Wave beat and the Bass adds the necessary texture to the soundscape (like most songs). Suddenly, the first verses end and the two line chorus comes in, "Yeah you, use your heart as a weapon, and it hurts like heaven," and BAM! The song is immersed in a 16 measure guitar solo that -to contrast with the title- sounds ohhh so good like heaven!! Jonny owns those last eight measures with a glittering descending almost-arpeggio that makes me want to scream out in happiness! The song then continues its fast paced ways until it stops for the first main verse, "Yes I feel a little bit nervous, yes I feel nervous and I cannot relax" as the synthesizers glitter just like Jonny's guitar until it explodes into the 'concrete canvas' and 'spray can soul' verse. The song continues through more of Coldplay's awesome 'Whoas!!' in a second main verse, and then repeats the chorus a couple times before it ends in a shower of glimmering synths and guitars that slowly quiet down. This is by far the happiest Coldplay song ever released.

It MX really is a concept album then Hurts Like Heaven wouldn't be the perfect opening track at all. There's very little plot in the song and its lyrics seem a little bit 'forced' to me as if they're trying to make it fit on the album by mentioning graffiti etc.

It doesn't really introduce the story/plot and to be honest I think musically it wouldn't fit anywhere else on the album. If it wasn't the first track it would hit you as a really random fast song in the middle of the album. Sort of like Month of May on The Suburbs by Arcade Fire. To me that was one the weakest points of the album.

I love the song, but maybe it doesn't fit in with the plot of the album as much as we thought.

Spike could put an end on this mystery to us. He has access to the songs length. If he confirms us that Mylo Xyloto track is 0:42 length, then Hurts Like Heaven is in, because there is no MX without Hurts Like Heaven. If he says Mylo Xyloto is not 0:42 lenght, then Mylo Xyloto is not MX. So we can be afraid. SPIKE PLEASE help us!