✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Will there be an EP following Mylo Xyloto?

Seppel

Well for this tour I'm pretty fullfilled , seen the MX show 3 times now in Holland :) All three magnificent in their own way. But MX the setlist, album and the whole show is all pretty ''bigroom'' oriented imo. I hope they'll release some quality coldplay songs before the era is over that don't say , we're Coldplay and we want to conquer the world with our hits. But give you chills like Moving to mars, amsterdam , see you soon... hm I could go on and on :)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how vaild those rumors are, to be quite honest. Do they make senese? Totally. But, remember Coldplay didn't even announce any US dates until December of last year.

I sincerely hope they come back to the US, be it for a month or more. I really want to see them before this tour is over.

Coldplay are taking 2013 off and then starting work on the next album. That's what I heard.

Well for this tour I'm pretty fullfilled , seen the MX show 3 times now in Holland :) All three magnificent in their own way. But MX the setlist, album and the whole show is all pretty ''bigroom'' oriented imo. I hope they'll release some quality coldplay songs before the era is over that don't say , we're Coldplay and we want to conquer the world with our hits. But give you chills like Moving to mars, amsterdam , see you soon... hm I could go on and on :)

I have exactly the same feeling :nod:

Coldplay are taking 2013 off and then starting work on the next album. That's what I heard.

This.

I think it's surely time to scotch rumours and hopes of hearing Car Kids, Tomorrow, Great Expectations, or any other MX-era song, to be honest. The album's been out for a whole year next month, and with five singles, we've heard one b-side.

If they were that desperate to show us what else they'd been working on, they would've by now.

Instead, we're getting a wonderful live album and DVD. They released the iTunes festival set. They released Charlie Brown from the Brits. They've given us an acoustic Princess of China - which many people on this forum were asking for - and they've given us remixes, which aren't everyone's cup of tea, but are better than nothing.

In addition to the live stuff they've released, you can find much more in the multimedia section of this site; I for example have downloaded the Glasto performance and the Emirates concert that I attended. Since Christmas Lights, I've added 87 songs to my Coldplay collection on iTunes. That will only increase come November 19.

So it's not as if they've given us nothing, is it?

And as for 2013, the only thing that's certain is Chris buying a house in LA. So that's as good a sign as any of the band taking a break. Which is what they deserve after touring for God knows how long and not really resting between Viva and MX.

Guys, listen to me: Coldplay will come to Latin America before taking a break.

There was a contest here in Brazil that took 2 guys to watch them in Prague and meet Chris and the guys on the backstage. When asked about the rumors that they wouldn't come to Brazil, Chris said:

"We will be in Brazil in March."

End of story.