✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Will there be an EP following Mylo Xyloto?

Seppel

What do you think,will there be an EP following Mylo Xyloto?

What else should they do with their unreleased new material?

Will they record more songs,which they had ideas for?

Personally,i think there will be an EP with songs like "Tomorrow","Great Expectations" or others songs that have already been registered.

But on the other hand in think it could also be possible that they release it as B-sides of following singles or as free downloads.

I would be very happy if they anounce an EP by the end of this year:)

But first of all,let's all enjoy Mylo Xyloto:)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone think there will be an EP? Just because they released Prospekt's March doesn't mean they'll follow a similar blueprint for the rest of their releases, as the Oracle said.

I am willing to bet that Tomorrow and Great Expectations will be b-sides.

The thing is, they've already released an EP, and it only included one song which didn't make it onto the album. Which seems to imply that they wouldn't really have enough quality material to put together another EP anytime soon. So if we're going to hear any more new material, it's going to be in the form of B-sides IMO.

• 8 months later...

They have released three singles thus far - and no new material. There are two variants: either they keep something up their sleeve or they simply don't have anything new worth sharing. Second variant is hard to believe as Coldplay has always been a very fruitful band regarding b-sides.

Besides, there was a bunch of acoustic songs they wanted to release initially as the main album. And then mingled these songs with "the Mylo bunch", as they called it. So, where are the songs left? And are they going to see the light of day?

IMO, there will be an EP or an MX follow up for the sole reason that no new songs have been released (other than MTM, but that was awhile back). It has nothing to do with how the Viva era was run, I agree with that, but we will still get an EP.

^Well if it was in March, they were still making the album, so we don't know if they still have some songs that they think are worth releasing. Maybe, as Chris said several times (even though I know it's Chris, soo :dozey: ), they really have "nothing left". :confused:

I'd like to know where also. WE ARE ALL SO DESPERATE LOL

Damn I wish I can remember, but Guy definitely said that.... ......* goes searching the internet * I think it was around February or March.