✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Will there be an EP following Mylo Xyloto?

Seppel

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going on Team B-Side. Most of my favorites are B-sides, with the exception of Violet Hill. I'm a huge fan of Famous Old Painters and A Spell A Rebel Yell. Bloodless Revolution is also very good. Of course, the A-sides are great, too. I'm too much of a Coldplay fan to ask that kind of question. I'm not going to hate on any Coldplay song, because it's not possible.

I'd rather be a Coldplayer, xylobryte seems only appropriate for MX era.

I think the chances of an EP are slim. Coldplay are giving everyone who attends their concerts a xyloband , we are getting a film, we have the album plus singles plus remixes, we have 4 videos

They are doing a world tour, There is confetti, balloons, more balloons, inflatable butterflies, lasers etc

They are doing a lot, let's not be greedy

What film?

In the

, Will says that the record is about 85 minutes long and they have to cut it down. Mylo Xyloto is only 44 minutes long! Now figure they trimmed some pieces off the songs currently on the album but Prospekts March only had 20 minutes of new songs (not including remixes). If you figure moving to mars is included in that 85 then you have a 49 minutes accounted for and figure the songs were supposed to be a little longer we'll say generously the band trimmed 11 minutes off that's 60 minutes accounted for. 25 minutes where did they go? Definitely EP material I think to coincide with the release of the MX comics b/c from the end of the MX Tour (late September) to February is the perfect amount of time to mix and master the remaining EP songs.

Glastonbury Interview[/url], Will says that the record is about 85 minutes long and they have to cut it down. Mylo Xyloto is only 44 minutes long! Now figure they trimmed some pieces off the songs currently on the album but Prospekts March only had 20 minutes of new songs (not including remixes). If you figure moving to mars is included in that 85 then you have a 49 minutes accounted for and figure the songs were supposed to be a little longer we'll say generously the band trimmed 11 minutes off that's 60 minutes accounted for. 25 minutes where did they go? Definitely EP material I think to coincide with the release of the MX comics b/c from the end of the MX Tour (late September) to February is the perfect amount of time to mix and master the remaining EP songs.

This is sound reasoning but I hate to tell you that the line about it being 85 minutes long was a joke. A joke that was talked about at great length on this board but a joke all the same. Chris says something along the lines of it being a jazz album and Will plays along with the joke and says that it is 85 minutes long. They were just messing around.

This is sound reasoning but I hate to tell you that the line about it being 85 minutes long was a joke. A joke that was talked about at great length on this board but a joke all the same. Chris says something along the lines of it being a jazz album and Will plays along with the joke and says that it is 85 minutes long. They were just messing around.

I'm not terribly sure because of the fact that Will rather seriously. Chris admitted that he thinks X&Y was way too long at ~hour and he said he likes it when albums are short around ~40 minutes. They always have songs that they cut off of the album and are very brutal about it. So that's what they did with Viva and I'd be surprised if we didn't see an MX EP. Car Kids is really the only proof you need. The fact that it exists and is teased so much means we'll definitely hear it one day since it's from the middle of the MX era they wouldn't release it as a single so soon after the record. Car Kids is going to be the lead track on their EP much like Life in Technicolor II was to Prospekt's March. Jokes aside.

I think Mylo Xyloto (Great Expectations) is going to be the title track)

It was a fullblown song, remember?) It'll be getting the LiT treatment.

I like the idea of an EP called: Mylo Xyloto [Great Expectations]

And MX is indeed like Lit/Litii were during Viva a instrumental and a full song, the same fact is for AHT.

but why would they do the same thing twice?

• 1 month later...

Things are starting to makes sense now. The 2012 tour was all based around this "greatest hits" set list to make a mass-appealing Live DVD. Then in 2013, Comic books will start being released and we'll get more of the MX narrative in the performances. Even a few tracks from a short EP would be enough to revitalize the tour in the same way Prospekt's March did on the last.

There was something so magical about seeing LITii played for the first time. We all knew this melody from Viva La Vida's opening track, and then finally there was a full song to it. This, along with a few other changes really made the 2010 performances a step up from the first shows of 2008.

The 2011 Festivals were incredible, but I have this feeling that 2013 will breathe life into a whole new type of show. Just a hunch.

Things are starting to makes sense now. The 2012 tour was all based around this "greatest hits" set list to make a mass-appealing Live DVD. Then in 2013, Comic books will start being released and we'll get more of the MX narrative in the performances. Even a few tracks from a short EP would be enough to revitalize the tour in the same way Prospekt's March did on the last.

There was something so magical about seeing LITii played for the first time. We all knew this melody from Viva La Vida's opening track, and then finally there was a full song to it. This, along with a few other changes really made the 2010 performances a step up from the first shows of 2008.

The 2011 Festivals were incredible, but I have this feeling that 2013 will breathe life into a whole new type of show. Just a hunch.

I'm with you on this one. I think once the comic releases, we're going to see the "other side" of Mylo Xyloto, a.k.a., the end of this era.

I'm with you on this one. I think once the comic releases, we're going to see the "other side" of Mylo Xyloto, a.k.a., the end of this era.

I don't know , I think they'll be on a break. There are no tour dates for 2013, I hope a few songs will surface but i dont know if they wil...

Ahrg I could do with a great B-side/EP though. Like glass of water :)

I don't know , I think they'll be on a break. There are no tour dates for 2013, I hope a few songs will surface but i dont know if they wil...

I don't know how vaild those rumors are, to be quite honest. Do they make senese? Totally. But, remember Coldplay didn't even announce any US dates until December of last year.

I sincerely hope they come back to the US, be it for a month or more. I really want to see them before this tour is over.

I don't know how vaild those rumors are, to be quite honest. Do they make senese? Totally. But, remember Coldplay didn't even announce any US dates until December of last year.

I sincerely hope they come back to the US, be it for a month or more. I really want to see them before this tour is over.