✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Will there be an EP following Mylo Xyloto?

Seppel

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guy said it december last year I think, when they were in the Netherlands for the gig at Ahoy...

He said they were thinking about what to do with the good songs that didn't fit into the album, if I remember correctly...

GOT IT! http://www.nu.nl/muziek/2700602/coldplay-hotelkamers-beu.html

Edit:

Interesting bit:

Geschrapt

Nummers als Paradise en Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall kwamen op de cd terecht, maar veel materiaal werd geschrapt. "Heel veel liedjes hebben het album niet gehaald, vooral omdat ze niet goed genoeg waren", erkent Champion. "Anderen pasten niet, maar waren op zichzelf wel goed. Ik weet nog niet wat we ermee gaan doen."

Het idee voor een EP wordt geopperd, zoals Coldplay’s Prospekt’s March uit 2008. "We hadden het er toevallig net over", zegt Berryman over een gesprek dat hij enkele minuten eerder had met zanger Chris Martin. "Als een liedje goed is, is het zonde om het niet te gebruiken. We willen ze op de een of andere manier uitbrengen."

Translation:

Songs like Paradise and Every Teardrop is A Waterfall ended up on the album, but a lot of material was left out. "A lot of songs didn't make the cut, mostly because they weren't good enough.", admits Champion. "Others didn't fit in, but they were good songs on their own. I don't know what we're gonna do with them."

The idea of an EP was suggested, like Coldplay's Prospekt's March from 2008. "We were just talking about it ", says Berryman about a conversation he had minutes ago with singer Chris Martin. "If a song's good, it's a wast not to use it. We want to release them one way or another."

I don't feel like an EP is likely. Viva felt like a era full of secrets and things like that... When VLV first came out I did feel like we were going to get an EP-- and lo we did.

MX feels like everything is there and in your face. It feels like the cards are all there and being played.

But then having no B-sides in the single release is a little weird if there's not going to be an EP.

Chris mentioned something in an interview about exciting news for Coldplay fans, maybe this is a hint towards an EP? He says it towards the end, like around 4:09.

This is promising!:D although, it also could just be the PoC video...:thinking:

edit: no scrap that an EP seems very probable now, around 3:06, Zane Lowe asks Chris what the plans are for the coming 12 months or so, and Chris says they have something very exciting:D

This is from the R42 blog on Dec 22, 2011:

"I should probably tell you that we had a rather interesting soundcheck in Berlin today, with a bunch of files finding their way over the internet to me from the studio for the fellas to work on before doors. It’s not a song that’s likely to be in the set for a good while. I’d say that once they’ve finished writing and recording it though, it’s got a good chance…"

From how I read it, sounds like they are working on recording new songs. Maybe for an EP? It could be b-side but they haven't release any b-side with their single other than Moving to Mars.

I'm starting to think that maybe there won't be an EP but they'll release LP6 quite soon. I don't know why I say that. Maybe it's because of the lack of b-sides and the comment Jonny made on Twitter...something tells me they don't want to give everything away 'cause LP6 will be near.

Or it could just be my brain - which is craving for new material - making up silly stories to reassure myself. :P

If you listened at 4:06 where he said the news is exciting "if you like Coldplay". So it could mean that it's their live DVD, a tour, or an EP. Those are the only things that would appeal to Coldplay fans alone.

The Prospekt's March EP was one for the fans, so another EP would be something for really big Coldplay fans to have. It's possible, but to me Mylo is great by itself. You just can't beat the suspenseful months leading up to ETIAW and the album release. That set the theme for the era, and after so long it's tough to go back to that. They'll probably just be working on the new album.

I love Mx and am not bored with it,the whole Mx era has been brillant so far.

The concerts are amazing plus the idea of Mx Film .In regards to this thread I dont think any

Coldplay fan out there would turn down new material.When the band slip lines

about exciting things happening whos not gonna get excited and throw out ideas and speculate of what they might think the surprise could be ...Mx Film , EP , etc.

Anyway this is what I think could happen:

Coldplay have break from touring at the end of November and release Coldplay Mx Film.

They return to studio in January/Febuary to put together EP released sometime in March/April.

They finish of MyloXylotour before end of 2013.

I'm going off topic here, but if there's one thing I could change about the current tour, it would be to add between 4-5 songs to the set list. I went to the show in Portland, OR and ABSOLUTELY FREAKING LOVED IT!!!!! But I think the could easily have played a few more songs. For example, play Speed of Sound electric and instead play Green Eyes after Us Against The World. SoS could have easily come after GPASUYF, then Shiver, and then either Strawberry Swing or Lost and then close out the main set with Politik. Then all I would want is for them to play Death and All His Friends between Clocks and Fix You. Take us to 2 hrs instead of 90 min. If they are so into giving us all they can, is that too much to ask?

I'm going off topic here, but if there's one thing I could change about the current tour, it would be to add between 4-5 songs to the set list. I went to the show in Portland, OR and ABSOLUTELY FREAKING LOVED IT!!!!! But I think the could easily have played a few more songs. For example, play Speed of Sound electric and instead play Green Eyes after Us Against The World. SoS could have easily come after GPASUYF, then Shiver, and then either Strawberry Swing or Lost and then close out the main set with Politik. Then all I would want is for them to play Death and All His Friends between Clocks and Fix You. Take us to 2 hrs instead of 90 min. If they are so into giving us all they can, is that too much to ask?

The Oracle said: To use a football analogy, it's played 10 seasons in a row and it needs a rest". So, they won't play Politik. They played Strawberry at one of the rehearsals, so there's a good change that it will come back in the setlist ;)