✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Paradise Clip! (YouTube clip now in first post)

Nagromathon

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is that everyone is entitled to an opinion and I suppose everybody that loves it is loving it as much as haters are hating it. So I don't feel I can say much about the people that dislike it because that would make me a hypocrite.

However based on the fact this is a fansite I don't understand why people would bother sticking around if they "hate the new Coldplay". I'm guessing everyone that thinks that was hoping MX would be different and more like the "old Coldplay". The things is, is that Coldplay will NEVER be the same as they were. They're changing with the times, which is actually A GOOD THING, because the only reason any 60s-80s band is doing well and releasing albums is because they've changed they're sound.

Try listening to a U2 or Rolling Stones album from the 21st century and compare it to their first stuff. I'll tell you now U2 still does well with their fan base, I heard a figure recently that said they're the best Concert Ticket Selling Band right now. Hopefully (assuming they stick together) Coldplay will have changed a bit with the times too, just enough to have a strong fan base 30 years from now.

WELL SAID MAN ;) I totally agree :)

Holy shit! Thank you for finding this! It sounds really amazing. Im gonna rip the audio and put it on my mp3 player so I can listen to it over and over again until monday! :) gosh now you got me all excited!!!!!! ahhhhhh!!!! I can listen to 30 seconds over and over! I don't care!! lol

It came from a site that was allowing people to pre-order the song. I found some other forum or something that had a comment all the way at the bottom with the link. For some reason google didn't find the link :/ My only guess is that the people behind Coldplay WANTED us to find that. They wouldn't send a 30 second preview to song that shouldn't be heard until its released on Monday.

Thank you MX&Yellow. :)

EDIT: Your welcome! Last night was a good one for me. Somebody posted it on a thread in a comment 4 minutes before me while I was typing out my thread so I guess you can thank us both. :D

Everytime when i'm working something happends. :angry:

I love it no doubt about it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WfLWSteBU4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WfLWSteBU4[/ame]

Bit longer one cant be arsed to push replay every 30 seconds. :)

Somehow it reminds me of "Princess of China" and does he sing "Para...Para" like the "Wa-Wa-Wa" in "ETIAW"?

It came from a site that was allowing people to pre-order the song. I found some other forum or something that had a comment all the way at the bottom with the link. For some reason google didn't find the link :/ My only guess is that the people behind Coldplay WANTED us to find that. They wouldn't send a 30 second preview to song that shouldn't be heard until its released on Monday.

Thank you MX&Yellow. :)

EDIT: Your welcome! Last night was a good one for me. Somebody posted it on a thread in a comment 4 minutes before me while I was typing out my thread so I guess you can thank us both. :D

You're welcome :)

COLDPLAY is the only one band that has made me cry of joy... so I have to defend them cause this is deeply my soul music... I listen to them since almost 10 years and will NEVER stop :heart: Yep, they have changed but acording to me for the best :)

So I'll be waiting for PARADISE & MYLO XYLOTO like I did for their other LP :heart: (and I think I'm not the only one)

However based on the fact this is a fansite I don't understand why people would bother sticking around if they "hate the new Coldplay". I'm guessing everyone that thinks that was hoping MX would be different and more like the "old Coldplay".
Those are pretty big assumptions you're making, and I think you'll find that very few people who come here to share their opinions actually 'hate' everything about this new era. Nearly all of the criticism I've seen has been directed to specific songs and / or specific aspects of a song. To generalise everyone who dislikes one thing or another about any of these songs as someone who 'hates the new Coldplay' is completely disingenuous, distorting what is actually going on here, which is simply that people are coming here to express their opinions. And a sub-section of those opinions happen to be critical in some way. Exactly what you'd expect on a forum like this - or am I missing something here?

I quite like the 30 second sample, others may not. I'm not a fan of ETIAW, but plenty of people love it. Simple as that - there really is no 'lovers vs haters' situation going on here.

You're welcome :)

COLDPLAY is the only one band that has made me cry of joy... so I have to defend them cause this is deeply my soul music... I listen to them since almost 10 years and will NEVER stop :heart: Yep, they have changed but acording to me for the best :)

So I'll be waiting for PARADISE & MYLO XYLOTO like I did for their other LP :heart:

Ah I can relate to the cry of joy quote...I feel exactly the same! They touch something divine deep in my soul. (call me cheese, but there it is!)

Those are pretty big assumptions you're making, and I think you'll find that very few people who come here to share their opinions actually 'hate' everything about this new era. Nearly all of the criticism I've seen are directed to specific songs and / or specific aspects of a song. To generalise everyone who dislikes one thing or another about any of these songs as someone who 'hates the new Coldplay' is completely disingenuous, distorting what is actually going on here, which is simply that people are coming here to express their opinions. And a sub-section of those opinions happen to be critical in some way. Exactly what you'd expect on a forum like this - or am I missing something here?

I quite like the 30 second sample, others may not. I'm not a fan of ETIAW, but plenty of people love it. Simple as that - there really is no 'lovers vs haters' situation going on here.

I'm not trying to sound like a know-it-all or anything of the sorts, I guess I'm just so into Coldplay that it strikes me as odd to post extensively hateful comments, such as one made on this thread earlier.

(P.S. not a BIG fan of ETIAW, but I still enjoy it- I believe Major Minus is more up my alley)

True, we all can compare our opinions, I really don't have a problem with it, I guess I'm just perplexed. Not trying to start anything. ;)

I think it is perplexing such heavy criticism on a Coldplay FAN site. Usually fans are supposed to look at the positive side :) I must agree there is more criticism than I had expected for the new album, but it does not bother me much. Anyone can come here to share their opinion at the end of the day....just surprising, that´s all :)

I'm not trying to sound like a know-it-all or anything of the sorts, I guess I'm just so into Coldplay that it strikes me as odd to post extensively hateful comments, such as one made on this thread earlier.

(P.S. not a BIG fan of ETIAW, but I still enjoy it- I believe Major Minus is more up my alley)

True, we all can compare our opinions, I really don't have a problem with it, I guess I'm just perplexed. Not trying to start anything. ;)

Nah it's cool. I think it's just a matter of realising that just because an opinion happens to be critical, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a hateful one. Very few people actually post those kind of comments to intentionally piss people off... it's important to remember not to take these things personally. They're just opinions! Most of the negative comments here are posted out of frustration anyway - nothing to do with vindictiveness.

All I can say is wooooooh ooooooo ooooooooooh this is going to an amazing song, lets hope they break the rules and let it be made available on itunes at midnight. Can't wait to hear it now.

That would be nice but then BBC 1 will be disappointed :) And moreover it´s so cozy to all meet up here on Monday for the listening party :)

I don't mind the criticism. If people don't like the direction the band is heading, they have the right to say something about it. If Coldplay started sucking to me, I'd be really pissed off too. But I like it so far.

I think, however, a lot of people should withhold judgements because this is just a 30-second sample of the song and there's bound to be a lot more meat to it. Something tells me that something kickass (Jonny guitar solo, Will pounding out some weird but awesome tribal beat, etc) is going to happen. I really don't think this song is a ballad. After all, the song is 4:38, so we've heard only about 10% of the song.

Just imagine defining your favorite Coldplay songs in a 30-second sample. It simply isn't enough. There's a reason why iTunes switched to 90-second samples about a year ago: 30 seconds just isn't sufficient to pass a good judgement.

Is it just me or does the way Chris sings the end of each line sound a bit annoying?

At "world," "reach," "sleep" etc.

If your talking about the video posted at the top of the page then you should know it was edited to sound that way so the clip would be extended for listening. MAYBE its in the actual whole song he does do it, but at the moment thats just an edit for imaginative listening.

Nah it's cool. I think it's just a matter of realising that just because an opinion happens to be critical, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a hateful one. Very few people actually post those kind of comments to intentionally piss people off... it's important to remember not to take these things personally. They're just opinions! Most of the negative comments here are posted out of frustration anyway - nothing to do with vindictiveness.

I should keep in mind your a fellow Coldplay fan- pretty passive xD Everyone here is like a different breed of normal humans xP

Anyways, thanks for the positive, constructive, opinionated comments. All/any are good to read and reply to.

This sounds AMAZING. I am so happy. The strings sound so nice, along with the "oooh"s and I even like the vocal parts as well. I think "para para" is in there because it works. I really need the full song to make this assumption, but I think the two syllables are repeated because of the time signature and making things fit. It'll sound fine once we hear it in the full version.

The first half just kind of blew me away. The second half may sound like pop, but orchestra-sounding parts aren't usually found in pop songs. :P

Alright people, stop hating. This is just 30sec out of a 4:38 song.

Talk about judging a book by its cover!!

If you are not excited by the preview, fine. Wait until you hear the whole thing.

If you are excited by the preview, good for you and good luck waiting until "monday morning". But I advise you to stop listening to it already. Just wait.

Alright people, stop hating. This is just 30sec out of a 4:38 song.

Talk about judging a book by its cover!!

If you are not excited by the preview, fine. Wait until you hear the whole thing.

If you are excited by the preview, good for you and good luck waiting until "monday morning". But I advise you to stop listening to it already. Just wait.

Is 119 listens okay, atleast according to iTunes? ;)

Everytime when i'm working something happends. :angry:

I love it no doubt about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WfLWSteBU4

Bit longer one cant be arsed to push replay every 30 seconds. :)

Somehow it reminds me of "Princess of China" and does he sing "Para...Para" like the "Wa-Wa-Wa" in "ETIAW"?

no...this is acually listenable...wa-wa-waterfall made me cringe -.-