✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Paradise Clip! (YouTube clip now in first post)

Nagromathon

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pop with those violins? Or maybe you are not down with the hip-hop touches...I can understand that, but pop or hip pop, I still believe a song is good or not. Genres are blending and it is a good thing in my opinion

are that violins in the beginning? I thought it was just computer noise...

there are some hip hop touches but maybe i like it when i hear the full version!

That 30 second preview actually doesn't seem that promising to me. Someone said something about it sounding like a Mat Kearney song when Chris starts singing, and I agree. I just hope it gets better after that...the opening bit is slightly promising but its not anything too special in my mind.

It's very...mainstream hip-hop/pop stuff. Hoping I'm wrong about that. 30 second previews dont always sound great. But I'm kind of worried the music went in this direction. I've liked every other new song we've heard, but the first 30 seconds of this song seem...meh

In my Innerpersonal Communications class in college, we talked about how when someone tells of a similarity between two things, the person listening to it will automatically put together the two being compared and automatically make the connection. All of this comes from what was thought of by someone else.

As someone who has heard the song previous to "Paradise", I can honestly only see a small similarity. :)

Totally true! But my point is that now many people listen to Coldplay tracks already "expecting" a similarity with some other song. Bias.

Well we know Chris loves hip-hop artists and I am sure he has been dying to incorporate some of that in Coldplay (starting from Lost), so it´s no surprise that the rhythms of hip hop find their way into MX. I think it´s all part of their evolution. I am constantly amazed at how they travel from genre to genre but never fail to move me :)

but. I think it sound's a little bit OneRepublic. Am I the only one? :O

Yeah, it sounds like OneRepublic trying to sound like Coldplay. Or like Coldplay doing the worst The National's You Were A Kidness cover ever.

The chord progression in the intro it's similar to Amsterdam. So you can check the involution of the band comparing the lovely, natural sound in Amsterdam and the noisy, chaotic, electronic, lifeless and synthetic sound in Paradise.

Can we get a 30 seconds preview of your song? If it´s better than Paradise, I want it NOW :)

Yep! Me too... (it seems like Modesty is a rare goodness nowadays) but everyone has the right not to like it ;)

and one last thing to say : "It's easy to criticize but hard to do better" (to meditate)

Have all a nice evening :thumbsup: Best regards !

All I can say is that everyone is entitled to an opinion and I suppose everybody that loves it is loving it as much as haters are hating it. So I don't feel I can say much about the people that dislike it because that would make me a hypocrite.

However based on the fact this is a fansite I don't understand why people would bother sticking around if they "hate the new Coldplay". I'm guessing everyone that thinks that was hoping MX would be different and more like the "old Coldplay". The things is, is that Coldplay will NEVER be the same as they were. They're changing with the times, which is actually A GOOD THING, because the only reason any 60s-80s band is doing well and releasing albums (still) is because they've changed their sound.

Try listening to a U2 or Rolling Stones album from the 21st century and compare it to their first stuff. I'll tell you now that U2 still does well with their fan base, I heard a figure recently that said something like they're the best Concert Ticket Selling Band right now. Hopefully (assuming they stick together) Coldplay will have changed with the times too, just enough to have a strong fan base 30 years from now (So hopefully I can sit in my old folks home and listen to the pop station xD).

It sounds amazing.

When I first heard ETIAW I was quick to cut it down and moan about how I wished Coldplay went back to their Parachutes/Rush Of Blood days.

Since hearing Major Minus, Moving To Mars and the 30 second clip of Paradise I am starting to understand the direction that Coldplay are going in and all of the new songs that I've heard both studio recordings and live are starting to fit together.

Basically what I'm trying to say is .. it all makes a lot more sense now that I've heard a few tracks and their new style has some context.

By the way, I really do like ETIAW now. I understand!