✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think of the new song 'Paradise'?

rainplay

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not for me. There's just far too much going on. My love of Coldplay centres around their simplicity. Everything in their songs just seems effortless, even if it wasn't. But Paradise? It seems like hard work, it probably had a lot of hard work put into it, but there's too much to listen to, it overwhelms me, and I'm not sure I like it. I just think it's going to be a bugger for them to play live with the strings, but then I thought that about Viva la Vida so I don't know.

Only two listens, perhaps I'll give it more of a chance in the car over better speakers, but for the first time with a Coldplay song I'm a tiny bit disappointed. Sorry.

I'm sure no-one cares but I take it all back. I was sat at work the other morning humming to myself. Despite having blocked out Paradise from my memory after the second listen, that's what I was humming. I downloaded it from iTunes on my break and have listened to it quite a few times since. Each time I like it more and more. A grower, for definite. Upscaling from 5 to a cautious 7 :)

its hard to day but all of us coldplayers have to start thinking about the possibilty that this might be coldplays last album. i know that chris has said it before but this time it might happen.. they cant ahndle mediocre success and this album seems to be heading that way. etiaw and paradise have both been dissapointments on the charts and if u look at the billboard hot 100 you see adele up there, she is busting thru genre's with her originality and lyrics.. she doesnt use synth machines or electric drum machines and dhe has hit singles...coldplay are obsessed with being the biggest band out there and this means sounding more pop to them.. a formula that so far is not working with this album... mylo xyloto will sale less then vlv and the band will call it quits..unless maybe they decide to drop brian eno and go back to ken nelson there old producer to go back to there roots.

its hard to day but all of us coldplayers have to start thinking about the possibilty that this might be coldplays last album. i know that chris has said it before but this time it might happen.. they cant ahndle mediocre success and this album seems to be heading that way. etiaw and paradise have both been dissapointments on the charts and if u look at the billboard hot 100 you see adele up there, she is busting thru genre's with her originality and lyrics.. she doesnt use synth machines or electric drum machines and dhe has hit singles...coldplay are obsessed with being the biggest band out there and this means sounding more pop to them.. a formula that so far is not working with this album... mylo xyloto will sale less then vlv and the band will call it quits..unless maybe they decide to drop brian eno and go back to ken nelson there old producer to go back to there roots.

don't count coldplay out just yet, they were really never big on the billboard charts when it comes to singles, (viva la vida being the only exception)... :)

You should invest in taking ten minutes or so to learn about paragraphs.

Secondly, you're talking nonsense.

Billboard Hot 100 ratings of Coldplay's last singles that charted on Billboard Hot 100: (I'm using the Billboard ratings because they're the biggest and most known)

Paradise: 16

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall: 14

Lost!: 87

Viva la Vida: 1

Violet Hill: 40

Talk: 86

Fix You: 59

Speed of Sound: 8

Clocks: 29

It's charted pretty fucking amazingly. It's out sold most of their singles on itunes, too. They have also performed as headlines at nearly every major festival on the planet and have achieved amazing results. So what were you saying about Coldplay's style "not working for them"?

They're doing just as good as they ever have been. You just don't like it.

So stop pretending your opinion is actually a fair indication of what is going on.

edit: By the way, I think it's hilarious that you seem to be judging Adele's success on the Billboard ratings due to her not using synths. Take a look at Rihanna, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga. They are powerhouses and constantly hit number 1. They use synths.

Bottom line is Billboard ratings shouldn't even be what you care about. They don't mean anything other than what's popular. Sometimes what's popular is good. A lot of the time it isn't.

Quoi?

This is insanely difficult to read.

Quoi?

This is insanely difficult to read.

I'll translate for you. I'll even include editors notes, because I respect you so much Baw8cc. The editors notes will be in red.

It may be difficult, but all of us Coldplayers have to start thinking about the possibility that this may be Coldplay's last record. I know that Chris has expressed this rhetoric before, but this time it might be for real.

Coldplay cannot handle mediocre success (source?) and this album seems to be heading that way (Opinion based - more objectivity please.). Every Teardrop is a Waterfall and Paradise have both been disappointments on the charts (This is a measurably false claim. Paradise and Every Teardrop is a Waterfall have both ranked well above Coldplay's usual chart ranks).

If you look at the Billboard Hot 100 - you'll see Adele up there. She is bursting through genre's with her originality and lyrics (What about her lyrics? Please cite examples. Also, please include examples of her originality and "genre bursting" sound). She doesn't use synth machines or electronic drum machines - and she has hit singles(You are drawing a line between electronic music and hit singles. This line does not exist.).

Coldplay are obsessed with with being the "biggest band in the world" and this leads them to start sounding more like a pop band (Opinion based. Chris Martin himself has said the biggest pop song he has ever written was "Yellow" - a track from their first record. Perhaps you could touch on this). A formula that so far is not working with this album (Opinion. Again.). Mylo Xylo will sell less than Viva La Vida or Death and All his Friends (This is an unjustifiable, speculative estimation. Avoid this. )and the band will call it quits, unless they decide to drop Brian Eno and go back to Ken Nelson - their old producer to allow them to go back to their roots.

I like Paradise more when I am in Paradise :}

Like the song makes people get to paradise by just listening to it. Not with me. But when I feel already like paradise, then yes, the song suddenly fits so well. Heck, I don't even hear those boyband elements anymore. OMG YES

- Wow, what is this, am I having a manic episode?

Well... the thing is...

...Paradise seems a bit too polished for my taste. I prefer rougher sound. Anyway it's a great song. If anyone cares please check our take on the song:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsGXnbaTPl4]Coldplay - Paradise (live in the studio cover by Sometime In November) - YouTube[/ame]

chris