✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think of the new song 'Paradise'?

rainplay

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres quite a story for the album so far in Hurts like Heaven it sets up a cold world of people being torn apart and fighting back, then in paradise we encounter the girl of the piece expecting the world but facing a harsh reality, so dreming of a paradise. Then in charlie brown we have the boy of the piece escaping in a car meeting the lost boys then being smashed to smitherines in the concrete being captured but 'glowing in the dark', then in Us Against the world the boy fantasies about escaping the chaos with the girl and creating a new world. We haven't heard M.M.I.X. yet but presumably the boy escapes, and in ETIAW the boy put his music on as a way to escape reality and imagines the girl emerging to tell him it's alright and though he may get hurt he still raises the flag. Then in Major Minus we get a true idea of the enemy ever watch full and the protagonists hiding, fighting and escaping. I can't wait for the second half of the album to hear the finale. It is quite a concept it reminds me of what The Who's Lifehouse was to be till it became Who's Next.

wow

Really, right now it's not so bad for me... it's addicting! Just think of that: mix Violet Hill + Viva La Vida + Lost! + Cemeteries of London + Yes + Strawberry Swing and you will have Paradise.

I didn't realize combining that many good songs together equated to a hot mess, but OK.

:|

I gave it a 5

:bigcry::bomb::bomb: I think the boys (no one else!!) should be put in a garage/basement with some guitars,drums, piano maybe go a little crazy with a mandolin with some paper and pens, (no computers!!) alcohol and cigs and not let them out until they have written 7, just 7 songs that must contain varying degrees of pain, lust, joy, suffering, love, and that good old fashioned coldplay angst ,but not to include any rhyming, references to rainbows ( i just threw that one in there, who knows it could be next ) over producing, voice changing, stuttering and lame ass song titles..... is that to much for a girl to ask for???

I think I love you :heart: Oh wait, I already knew that :blush:

I gave it a 5

:bigcry::bomb::bomb: I think the boys (no one else!!) should be put in a garage/basement with some guitars,drums, piano maybe go a little crazy with a mandolin with some paper and pens, (no computers!!) alcohol and cigs and not let them out until they have written 7, just 7 songs that must contain varying degrees of pain, lust, joy, suffering, love, and that good old fashioned coldplay angst ,but not to include any rhyming, references to rainbows ( i just threw that one in there, who knows it could be next ) over producing, voice changing, stuttering and lame ass song titles..... is that to much for a girl to ask for???

I love you. :heart:

If I kidnap them, will you provide your garage?

I'd even make you a fancy butterfly sign that says "This is the place in which Coldplay came to their senses".

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't like song and is disappointed. I hope I'll like it more once I've heard it a few times, but the problem is I don't want to listen to it because I don't like it.

It's to mainstream, to overproduced, too hip hoppy, too unoriginal, too shallow.

IMO.

Edit:

It's catchy. Too catchy. It gets stuck in my head. I never get Coldplay songs stuck in my head :\. This is not a good sign, for me. Songs like Stereo Hearts, The Lazy Song. Last Friday Night get stuck in my head. Pop songs that are made to get stuck in your head so people buy them.

I noticed btw that other songs from the MX era also got stuck in my head. I didn't really mind, because I think they are good songs. (not as good as the other songs, and I had to hear them a few times before I really started liking them).

Also, I think the guitar solo is too cheesy. Jonny's solo's are always amazing. Listen to Cemeteries of London or Lost! (two of my favourite guitar solo's). This is just a bit, nah.

I gave ETIAW a 1 for effort.

For Paradise, I gave a 2.5 (rounded up to 3). The melody base is okay. The lyrics for me really drag it down. For Coldplay, I think this song is pretty poor. This is coming from someone who manages to only call some filler songs "weak".

However, it's not overly terrible either. I can imagine myself at least not making fun of it while drunk, in fact probably earnestly bobbing along and having a bit of a guilty singalong. Tolerable, not terribad, but not too good either.

A lovely chubby zero from me :wacky: I just can't stand it, it's too over produced and I probably wouldn't mind the crappy lyrics if I didn't feel like it's the same 4 phrases on loop through the whole song. It just feels like they tried to hide bad lyrics with all the sounds they could come up with. :disappointed: