✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think of the new song 'Paradise'?

rainplay

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the track when I woke up for work, loaded it on the iPod and resisted the urge to listen to it until I hit the road. I wanted this to be the first new Coldplay song I listened to on good speakers. Violet Hill was on laptop speakers at 5am, Viva La Vida the next night on same speakers.

Every Teardrop I managed to find my headphones for. Now let me say this, I am a huge fan of Charlie Brown, the Glasto version is one of my top played songs. I was a bag of emotions when they announced Paradise instead of CB. I did not anticipate it what so ever. I bought it this morning out of fear more than anything. I didn't want to hear it on the boombox at work.

I spun the track when I got in my truck, and was kind of confused by the strings and wondered where it was going. That is when the dubstep bass kicked in (which I haven't really seen mentioned.) My first thought there was Jay and Kanye got to Chris.

The first verse came on and I loved the jam Chris and Will had going on. The piano and drums clicked and I loved the lyrics right off the bat.

The first Para-Para-Paradise I loved and still do. The solo piano with bits of production on the mini bridge was just perfect. The chorus of Para-Para-Paradise is only saved by the now trademarked ohs of Coldplay.

Johnnys little subtle guitar riff towards the end reminds me of Edge's simple D chord in With Or Without You, noticeable but it doesn't take from the mood of the song.

I gave the song an 8 out of 10. The highest I've ever rated a song here was 9 for LiT ii, and 10 for Politik. This song is brilliant in every way. What I dont get is how everyone is saying Coldplay sold out here on this one... I do not see this beating Viva La Vida, Clocks or even Speed of Sound charts wise.

The other thing, and if you haters haven't noticed yet, Chris Martin is not Bono. His main talent does not lie in poetic lyrics. "[Coldplay] have beautiful melodious, extraordinary songs... unbelievable singers...they are great, truly great." Those are the words out of Bono's mouth. Chris writes these types of songs that have McCartney like melodies. Bono has a talent for writing poetry in song form, and is backed by three great musicians.

Bono does have the ability to write good melodies, just not like Chris. Much like Chris can write good lyrics, just not like Bono.

Now I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and mine is that this is an amazing song. I can't believe the shock many fans have had, look at Lukas, Wedding Bells and Christmas Lights. This is like the female version of Lukas, which for the record I believe right now would have fit perfectly here. Chris has stated he is writing a story and this is obviously a piece of it.

You know that video where someone took "Single Ladies" and played it over the Thom Yorke's dancing in the "Lotus Flower" video?

I demand someone do that same thing with "Paradise" except slow the video down to 1/3 the speed.

Also, everything on TKOL > Paradise. And I was a big critic of TKOL.

No one really likes Radiohead's new album. They just say they do in order to look like they have sophisticated tastes.

edit: Codex was awesome though.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3zL0uog4ZQ]Radiohead Bloom (The King Of Limbs Sessions: From The Basement) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cf3Hhj9JLc]Radiohead Give Up The Ghost (The King Of Limbs Sessions: From The Basement) - YouTube[/ame]

Interesting. I have a good friend who don't like whole Viva-era and also didn't like the new songs of MX, especially not ETIAW. But now he told me that he loves Paradise as a high-quality single which isn't as poppy as ETIAW. Nice to hear that.

After the first huge disappointment I really really enjoy listening to the song.

No one really likes Radiohead's new album. They just say they do in order to look like they have sophisticated tastes.

edit: Codex was awesome though.

My response when I heard it was a universal sigh.

:lol:

But seriously. It's alright. Just very bland compared to IR.

But I'm a weird Radiohead fan. I think Hail to the Thief is the best Radiohead album by miles.

Gave it a 4, just because I love the base of the song and to me it could have been much much better without this overcrowding of instruments and sounds, I'm sure I would have liked it a lot if it were more stripped down.

As it is now I find it pretty average and on par with everything's on the radios these days, which is not a compliment.

Not for me. There's just far too much going on. My love of Coldplay centres around their simplicity. Everything in their songs just seems effortless, even if it wasn't. But Paradise? It seems like hard work, it probably had a lot of hard work put into it, but there's too much to listen to, it overwhelms me, and I'm not sure I like it. I just think it's going to be a bugger for them to play live with the strings, but then I thought that about Viva la Vida so I don't know.

Only two listens, perhaps I'll give it more of a chance in the car over better speakers, but for the first time with a Coldplay song I'm a tiny bit disappointed. Sorry.

I gave it a 3. :shrug: It's not the worst song I've ever heard.

And it's not that I'm not liking the MX era as a whole. The first time I heard Charlie Brown I absolutely loved it - from start to finish. Maybe that's what disappoints me the most. I really wanted to love Paradise too but I don't. :(

With the massive thread creation, i had a bad moment trying to figure where to put my opinion about Para-para-paradise, ETIAW, and all the new songs.

I need to say that i like both of them, also want to say that they are catchy songs, that only make sense listening in the whole album, for the new fans, or went you need some more light to listen ;).

The new direction of the band it's great, i love all the new songs, and nothing it's wrong with the guys :), they are trying to make they're best in so many aspects, and for me at the moment they are hitting the mark.

The new songs are very diverse:

We got some profound songs like Moving to Mars (yeah it didn't make the album) or Us Against The World.

There are also some very Coldplay songs like Charlie Brown.

Some are very lively like Hurts Like Heaven.

And finally we got the heartbreakers :P, ETIAW and Paradise. Like i say before i like both of them, they are simple, catchy and great, there is a new style, a new filosofy, a new way to make simplest things great (since i listen Paradise i still singing in every moment para-para-paradise :D, like you say The envoy it's addicting).

Well that is my opinion ;).

Yesterday I gave it a small 8, today I'd rate it a big fat 9. I think I've fallen in love. :cheesy:

There's so much to discover in this song after a few listens. It has many layers. Even the lyrics, I'm not claiming they're good, but they're certainly not as shallow as some seem to think (including me, at first).

I think the strings, guitar and even the vocals come close to what it would sound like in paradise. Not to be cheesy, just to point out why it has that 'mainstream/pop/produced' sound.

I gave it a 5

:bigcry::bomb::bomb: I think the boys (no one else!!) should be put in a garage/basement with some guitars,drums, piano maybe go a little crazy with a mandolin with some paper and pens, (no computers!!) alcohol and cigs and not let them out until they have written 7, just 7 songs that must contain varying degrees of pain, lust, joy, suffering, love, and that good old fashioned coldplay angst ,but not to include any rhyming, references to rainbows ( i just threw that one in there, who knows it could be next ) over producing, voice changing, stuttering and lame ass song titles..... is that to much for a girl to ask for???

I gave it a 5

:bigcry::bomb::bomb: I think the boys (no one else!!) should be put in a garage/basement with some guitars,drums, piano maybe go a little crazy with a mandolin with some paper and pens, (no computers!!) alcohol and cigs and not let them out until they have written 7, just 7 songs that must contain varying degrees of pain, lust, joy, suffering, love, and that good old fashioned coldplay angst ,but not to include any rhyming, references to rainbows ( i just threw that one in there, who knows it could be next ) over producing, voice changing, stuttering and lame ass song titles..... is that to much for a girl to ask for???

:kiss: