✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think of the new song 'Paradise'?

rainplay

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's sad to say but i live in los angeles and i been scanning the radio and 'paradise' isnt getting played on the radio here...is this another flop? or is it to early to be played on the radio? also i hear that rock stations aren't gonna play it because it's not considered rock anymore.. i guess i have to hope they play it on our local pop stations :(

Just heard Paradise

on a Business news channel outro to commercial - it sounded great - more to come, need to get into this discussion on the new direction of Coldplay - quick judgment of paradise - like it, like the new direction and them going into other realms. More to come.

I know - it's amazing to come to these boards after a single drops - I'm not a fan that follows and thinks everything is good, but man - Coldplay has never failed me (I'm listening now, and it's such an amazing song - it's so grand and uplifting, love Eno's influence, la la ,la la, so lying underneath a stormy skies... and then boom... para para paradise. Damn! that's awesome and then the layering of the oh's and the strings. And the outro - a la Glass of Water.... Wow, sorry - just have been listening to an amazing song, despite the naysayers).

But to get back to my point, everytime I've heard most new Coldplay songs (ETIAW, and the new songs live for this era), I'm not sure if it's going to be a hit or good, honestly I wasn't a instant fan of ETIAW initially, but then it just clicked and everything is amazing, the opening synth, the chords, they lyrics, and the pace of it... wow. And the new songs - HLH, MM I did not like initially, but now love, they're amazing. Liked CB initially bc of the riff, but then thought it was too simple, plain, but after hearing the studio version love it especially with the piano outro.

I applaud Coldplay for going into other directions, and expanding their sound and not being afraid - Eno forces them to be creative, but I feel like they make sure they like it before they put it out for the public and the fans. Can't wait to hear the other tracks, but I think this album is going to be even better than the previous one which was amazing, and one of my favorites (btw, love all of their albums and how different each sounds from the other).

Viva La Coldplay!

A little dissapointed, I don't know why the bass has to be distorted, it makes it sound like Coldplay is trying to be poppy.

Every Coldplay Album has its poppy songs and I always like them, but I am concerned after hearing CB, ETIAW, and Paradise that this album will be way overdone, especially after seeing Rihanna will be featured. :\

You know that video where someone took "Single Ladies" and played it over the Thom Yorke's dancing in the "Lotus Flower" video?

I demand someone do that same thing with "Paradise" except slow the video down to 1/3 the speed.

Also, everything on TKOL > Paradise. And I was a big critic of TKOL.

this, pretty please :D :D