✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Does anyone who disliked this song from the beginning feel it has grown on them since first listen?

stevene273

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I think it would be fair to say you like/love the song but dislike the arrangement and production. I hear this point of view often, even though I can not relate to it. I can not think of a song I dislike because of other reasons than a melody I don´t like...I guess it all comes down to what you focus on in a song

I like the melody which is different from liking the song, the song is a sum of melody, lyrics, instruments used, production and so on. Therefore I can say that the song, which is the result of this sum, is not of my liking.

valypan, I have a serious question for you: can Coldplay do no wrong in your eyes?

I appreciate any serious questions :) I think you mean whether there are songs Coldplay have done that I don´t like. Yes, there are quite a few songs I never really listen to and some songs even on the setlist that I never grew to like. However I have loved every single song on Viva, b-sides included, and that was a first for me. I hope MX is gonna be like that.

I like the melody which is different from liking the song, the song is a sum of melody, lyrics, instruments used, production and so on. Therefore I can say that the song, which is the result of this sum, is not of my liking.

Yes that´s what I meant. You put it better :) I guess I am more forgiving of any other aspects as long as I like the melody and lyrics a close second.

its grown on me, but i still think its the 'cemeteries of london' or 'yes' of mx compared to viva. not single worthy

You're joking, right? Please tell me you are (even if you aren't), 'cause I need to believe this. Cemeteries Of London is the best song off VLVODAAHF, and Yes is amazing.

At first listen wasn't sure - but then again listened it through a crappy computer speaker at work - but when I used a nice pair of headphones (P5 Bowers and Wilkins for the 'philes) - Wow! There is so much going on and it's glorious - the synth strings, and that blazing fuzz bass is incredible - and at first wasn't too sure about the lyrical melody or his choice of words, but it is catchy as hell - can't get it out of my head. Also, like the dubstep influence where the strings kind of stopped very briefly and keeps growing, gets mellow and then boom! Beautiful - it's amped up Coldplay ethereal gloriousness. Love the first interlude after the verse - this is going to epic live. People are hating now, but watch it will be a favorite for sure. Impressed.

First time I heard it, I was a bit disappointed. But that happens with every single Coldplay song I listen to. I'm not kidding. I didn't like Yellow the first time I heard it, or Yes, or The Scientist...but I love all of them now. It's because I never like their songs the first time I hear them.

Paradise was a 6 for me the first time, but after many more listens it's moved up to a 7-7.5. It's a beautiful song (not Scientist beautiful or anything :P) but still good. The catchiness bothers me a little bit. I cannot get it out of my head.

Those chants at the end of the "Para-para-paradise" bits... oh, they stick to your brain too well. I keep chanting them now while I'm in college.

I've liked the song since the start, but as the days went by, and the plays kept increasing, I've just liked it even more :D

Guest LiquidSky

Nope. It hasn't changed for me. I'm just gonna forget about this song just like Every tear whatever it's called... and hopefully whenever the albums comes out. I'll like the rest of the songs in the album.

This is actually the first time that I'm going to listen to the album first instead of buying it whenever it comes out.

It's hilarious to read the various proposals on methods to try to love the song.

- Give it a break and ignore it for a few days...

- Change the lyrics para-para-para oooooh on your mind...

- Hear it with an open mind...

The thread should be entitled "Methods to help you listen to paradise"! :lol:

I don't see what's hilarious about it :P, I think it makes sense. Why would you listen to a song over and over again if you don't like it? Its good to give things a break, not just music, so you can perhaps have a different and fresh perspective on things

Wether its coldplay song or not, its good to listen to music with an open mind!, otherwise you could end up just keeping yourself in a box and not experiment different music. I think its a good excercise to do and it helps you discover new music :)

Anyways guys, if you don't like paradise then don't like it, or don't feel forced to lol. Maybe it will happen naturally...maybe not. You can just skip it anyway, plus there's still the rest of the album to discover! :D

I never disliked it, the first listen just really caught me off guard. I wasnt expecting it. I've listened to it many more times and I like it a little more each time. Im always gonna be a fan of all the previous work, with my standout favs remaining (like -Amsterdam,The Scientist, Politik, A Message) but Im willing to try this new stuff out too. The first time I heard the entire Viva album, it shocked me. I didnt know what to think. Then I continued to listen to it, and it clicked. I feel MX will be the same. Its like a new pair of shoes- you gotta break it in! :)