✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[17-Nov-2011] Coldplay et. al @ Children In Need concert, MEN Arena, Manchester, UK (Live on BBC1)

BBC-Children-in-Need_logo.jpg

Good morning. It's just been announced that Coldplay are part of the line-up for a special show Take That's Gary Barlow has put together in aid of the BBC Children in Need campaign. The line-up so far also includes Michael Buble, Elbow, JLS, Lady Gaga, Hugh Laurie, James Morrison, N Dubz, Snow Patrol and Ed Sheeran.

The concert takes place on Thursday November 17th at the M.E.N. Arena. As well as being broadcast on BBC One and BBC HD between 8pm and 10pm, the event will also simulcast on BBC Radio 1.

The evening will contain surprise guests and Appeal Films of the work BBC Children in Need does with disadvantaged children in the UK. There will also be some never-before seen surprise collaborations in honour of the event.

Tickets will go on sale at 9am on Friday 16th September and are priced £95, £85, £75, £65 and £55. Please visit http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey for full details and ways to get involved in this year’s appeal.

Anchorman

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=784

-----------

BBC Children in Need Rocks Manchester!

Gary Barlow is bringing together the biggest and brightest stars of the music industry for BBC Children in Need Rocks Manchester, a one-off concert to help change young lives right here in the UK.

Performing live will be an international stellar line-up including Coldplay, Ed Sheeran, JLS, Elbow, N Dubz, Hugh Laurie, Snow Patrol and the fabulous Lady Gaga!

Watch out for even more star names to be announced in the coming weeks, follow us on Twitter @BBCCiN, tweet about it using #CiNmusic or 'Like' Pudsey Bear on Facebook.

The concert will take place on Thursday 17 November - the evening before Appeal Night - at the M.E.N. Arena in Manchester.

Our hosts for the night, Fearne Cotton, Chris Moyles and David Tennant, will introduce a secret roster of special celebrity guests and never-before seen surprise collaborations.

"I'm so thrilled that these incredible artists are giving their time for such a special charity that is close to my heart," Gary told Pudsey.

"I suppose I might be persuaded to sing a bit on the night - anything to help make this year's total the best yet."

Tickets will be priced between £55 and £95 and will go on sale right here on the BBC Children in Need website at 9am on Friday 16 September - set your reminders now!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey/news/news140911.shtml

----

Reports: Coldplay to top the bill for Children In Need concert, November 17th (Manchester)

Coldplay, Lady Gaga and Elbow are to top the bill for a huge Children In Need concert organised by Gary Barlow, reports are saying this morning. The show - to take place at Manchester's MEN Arena - will also feature Michael Buble, JLS, N-Dubz and Hugh Laurie. Tickets go on sale on Friday with details at <a href=http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey target="_blank">www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey</a>.

David Tennant, Fearne Cotton and Chris Moyles are to host the November 17 concert Children In Need Rocks Manchester, to be broadcast by BBC1 and Radio 1. Further names and surprise guests are to be added to the bill, which ties in with the BBC's annual fundraising spectacular. For the past two years the concert has been staged at London's Royal Albert Hall and the move to the north-west of England ties in with the relocation of several BBC departments to Salford.

Take That and X Factor star Gary said: "I'm so thrilled that these incredible artists are giving their time for such a special charity that is very close to my heart. There are still some great acts we're keeping up our sleeve to announce in the coming weeks and who knows, I might even sing a little something on the night too."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5gaW5-Si8OrMMK9beadPP8VzefmQQ?docId=N0363171315925847119A

Also at http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/210886/Gary-Barlow-s-gigantic-gig/

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay Children In Need Concert

I dunno if this goes here, but I just read that Gary Barlow put together a charity concert for 17 November in Manchester, with Lady Gaga, Coldplay, and Elbow. There will also be other artists and celebrities in attendance.

The information is here, and on other news sites as well, but has not yet been announced on the Coldplay website.

:D

Just thought I'd let you all know, I have tickets :D :D :D :D :D

Happy bunny.

They're crappy seats, right at the back, but they're facing the stage, and the rest are ridiculously expensive, so... Better than nothing though, right?

Good luck to anyone else trying for tickets :D

Almost £90 each for standing!

There were others in the nosebleeds for £50 but since it's on TV anyway we thought it wasn't worth the expense of travelling there and finding somewhere to stay to watch it on the big screen.

I'll just donate money to CiN separately.

A bit late in getting to the thread, but I also got tickets for this. 2 standing tickets, so me and my friend shall be rocking in Manchester :D

I'm so excited and can't quite belive I actually got the tickets, they sold out so quickly!!

Congrats to anyone else that got their hands on some too!! :dance:

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd bump this up a bit since it's next week already!

I'm going, with Roos (Rooze - from this forum) and we wanna meet up with others in the queue perhaps. Who else is going? Anyone up for meeting in the queue? We are standing btw, so what time will others be queueing for? :)