✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do we like the new direction with Mylo Xyloto

Coldplaying Wombat

Like the songs, but the studio versions always need some more listenings.

But, who really wants an album where you like everything right the first time ?

I think there is a little more patience required, hoping that there is still Coldplay left under so much strings and synths...

i dont totally like the new direction.But it's cool that they try at least.

But damn i hope there will be one real quality track on the album like 'Strawberry Swing'

Still in my opinion the best Coldplay Album track.

I couldn't agree more. My favourite Coldplay song of all time (followed closely by Lovers in Japan and Charlie Brown). :)

not really impressed by the songs, the style is pretty cool thou but i only like maybe 3 songs, the rest are kinda bad or very bland or repetitive as hell, but i understand this is a concept album and bands change but change is pretty much key in every coldplay album and i love them all but in my opinion this will be their worst album, they've pretty much went from being a badn different from any other band to just...a band and i honestly dont see them lasting long after this album.:\

Yes, but Coldplay wouldn't be my absolute favorite band that I love to listen to all the time if they only had albums like Viva and MX, it's all of them mixed together, with Parachutes, AROBTTH and X&Y all backing Viva and MX that makes them the best.

hey've pretty much went from being a badn different from any other band to just...a band and i honestly dont see them lasting long after this album.:\

/facepalm.

The hilarious thing is that Mylo Xyloto's content is miles more unique than Parachutes was. There are literally thousands of bands that make music pretty much identical to Parachutes. Parachutes was formulaic, by the book indie/alt rock. It was amazing, but I'd never call it unique. Not even when it was first released.

You should go outside and have fun. All you do is post about how much MX sucks and how much you are disappointed. Relax.

/facepalm.

The hilarious thing is that Mylo Xyloto's content is miles more unique than Parachutes was. There are literally thousands of bands that make music pretty much identical to Parachutes. Parachutes was formulaic, by the book indie/alt rock. It was amazing, but I'd never call it unique. Not even when it was first released.

You should go outside and have fun. All you do is post about how much MX sucks and how much you are disappointed. Relax.

you should relax, bucko.

You know how being safe and formulaic isn't always bad?

Being unique and different isn't always good.

Besides, they aren't that different from everyone. Just different from their early years. Instead of being like Travis, Coldplay is now like Rihanna and One Republic.

Voted no.

Sad thing is that with this new direction they are embracing things of which I used to love Coldplay for not embracing them in the past (synths, Rihanna, dull pop beats, cheap hit list material, repetitive and bland lyrics, exaggerated happiness...) and that they are practically ditching things I loved about them (stripped down sound (UATW is just a weak effort trying to recreate that sound, but it's ok), edgy riffs, deep lyrics, moody atmosphere).

Yes, change is good. I'm not asking for Parachutes II. Viva La Vida (album, I'm not fond of the song, though it has decent lyrics) was different but after all it was mostly a great album, my second favourite. Or maybe my third, after Parachutes.

But change for the sake of it isn't necessarily good. MX hasn't borne anything that I love so far. Only things that I either hate, dislike or slightly like. But what can I do about it, seeing how most people love it. Good thing there is older material and other bands. A Rush Of Blood To The Head makes my every day and The National has everything Coldplay lacks for the moment.

I can see your response. No, I won't cry in a corner. Yes, maybe I will put Parachutes on repeat. And a nice day to you, too.