✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MX Review (Austin Listening Party)

venuslovebug2

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld

What a very well written review. You've clearly got fine writing/reviewing skills which you should use more.

If it pleases long time Coldplay fans like yourself then that has got to be a good sign for other long time fans around here.

^ Agreed! Even after the review I have quite a few questions (which in my opinion is a good thing, still leaves some excitement for the album).

One of those questions is about Hurts Like Heaven. We've all heard the backing track, which is pretty auto-tuney but it's just barely audible in the live versions. Is it like that in the studio version or does the backing track take more of a front seat?

^ Agreed! Even after the review I have quite a few questions (which in my opinion is a good thing, still leaves some excitement for the album).

One of those questions is about Hurts Like Heaven. We've all heard the backing track, which is pretty auto-tuney but it's just barely audible in the live versions. Is it like that in the studio version or does the backing track take more of a front seat?

I hope it has more of a front seat. It sounds so awesome. :cool:

Thanks for the review. :)

If this review is correct, the album is indeed around 45 minutes long, which is probably a good thing. Say MX is 45 seconds long, M.M.I.X. is about a minute long, U.F.O. is about 4:00 minutes long, A Hopeful Transmission is about a minute long, DLIBYH is 4:00 minutes long and if UWTB is supposedly 3:30 minutes long..that is roughly 45 minutes. :wink3:

Yes, that could be too...plus the band (I think Will) said in a recent interview that they wanted the album to be under 45 minutes, so that makes sense.

Anyway, as much as I'm excited to hear the songs we haven't heard yet, I'm just as excited to hear the studio versions of songs we have heard live already. Really wanna hear HLH and CB and of course all the others. :)

Thank you very much for posting this! So I'm guessing (and am already pretty sure) that there were no hidden tracks this time round? With 14 tracks I didn't think there was any way but knowing now that 3 are shorter... I thought it was a question worth asking. Thanks again!

Why did you write so much about Paradise and ETIAW! Everyone has already heard them. You should have saved your brain power for the other songs.

That's if you were really there.... This could be a con job. Sorry I'm so cynical, but it's possible - especially on the internet - that you just made it up for views or something. But then again, your blog is very well written so probably not.

Why did you write so much about Paradise and ETIAW! Everyone has already heard them. You should have saved your brain power for the other songs.

That's if you were really there.... This could be a con job. Sorry I'm so cynical, but it's possible - especially on the internet - that you just made it up for views or something. But then again, your blog is very well written so probably not.

It's real

Any hidden tracks on the album? Since there are 3 instrumental songs? im very disapointed because we have already heared almost all of the new songs :/ and AHT sounded so awesome.. i hope there will be a EP follow up to this album.. And last question.. Did MM sound a little different than the previous studio version? please answer o..o

People. Shut up. Thank her. This is not Coldplayer1997 or what ever it was.

But, thankyou, the review is wonderful. I have a feeling we're all gonna love it when we actually hear it.

I dont know about you guys, but i'm looking forward to the studio version of these songs, so other than MM, ETIAW, and Paradise, I feel as if I hadn't heard crap....

People. Shut up. Thank her. This is not Coldplayer1997 or what ever it was.

But, thankyou, the review is wonderful. I have a feeling we're all gonna love it when we actually hear it.

I dont know about you guys, but i'm looking forward to the studio version of these songs, so other than MM, ETIAW, and Paradise, I feel as if I hadn't heard crap....

Im just saying i dont really understand why she would focus on the songs we have heard and all know and go into great depth about them... i appreciate the review i guess but it just frustrates me because it seems like the obvious thing to do

No I agree, thank you for the review if it's real, but it only told us things about the songs we already knew. So here's the 2 contradictions I noticed, I'd gladly accept people correcting me if I'm wrong:

1. She said she can't remember anything about AHT and UFO because she wasn't allowed to take notes, but earlier she said she was allowed to take notes...

2. Mylo Xyloto was said to be not just an intro by the Oracle.

No I agree, thank you for the review if it's real, but it only told us things about the songs we already knew. So here's the 2 contradictions I noticed, I'd gladly accept people correcting me if I'm wrong:

1. She said she can't remember anything about AHT and UFO because she wasn't allowed to take notes, but earlier she said she was allowed to take notes...

2. Mylo Xyloto was said to be not just an intro by the Oracle.

She said she took notes after the listening party once she left since she couldn't take notes while actually listening to the album.