✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MX Review (Austin Listening Party)

venuslovebug2

Hi people,

Here's the review I promised.

http://www.austingirlmusicguide.com/2011/09/19/special-edition-review-coldplays-upcoming-mylo-xyloto/

I hope it answers most of the questions you have. Since I'm posting this for my website, I reviewed all the songs, not just the ones you all haven't heard. I took my notes on Friday night, not during the party as we weren't allowed to take anything in. As for instrumentals, there are at least 2, possibly 3, and they are very short.

Another note: Paradise and ETIAW are not completely representative of the album. I mean, think about it: you've heard more than half the album already right?

Anyway, enjoy. If anyone has any legit questions for me, you're welcome to comment on my site or PM me.

V :)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why you didn't talk about UFO or A hopeful transmission? Is there any special reason for that?

To be honest, because I couldn't take notes, I couldn't remember which one was which. I'm pretty sure one of them is a short instrumental and the other is a full song, but I can't remember more detail.

To be honest, because I couldn't take notes, I couldn't remember which one was which. I'm pretty sure one of them is a short instrumental and the other is a full song, but I can't remember more detail.

How did you like the full song?

What do you think about the possible size of Mylo Xyloto? Really Coldplays biggest album? Personally I strongly believe that there will be a huge amount of critisicm from press and media.

I can't tell if this is legit or not. Her review talks about songs we've already heard in one way or another, and as for songs we haven't heard (UWTB, DLIBYH, M.M.I.X.) she goes along with some of the pre-established ideas we have about them here on the forums. And wasn't Mylo Xyloto registered as a 3:30 long track? (Unless they're gonna release that later, a la LiT ii). And she didn't even mention U.F.O or A Hopeful Transmission, which we haven't made a general assumption about yet. Now I could be wrong, and if this review is accurate, I'll eat my hat.

EDIT: Appears I'm already partly wrong. UWTB was registered as 3:30, not Mylo Xyloto

Lovely review.

I think I made a wise decision in not listenting to UATW/HLH/MX in their live performances. I still have a fair few new tracks.

Anticipating this album so much.

great decision! I am very happy that I haven't heard Up In Flames since I am reserving it for when the album comes out!

Thanks very much. I read it & I can say it didn't spoil anything for me, it just made me more excited :)

In glad I've only listened to Charlie Brown & Hurts like Heave a couple times and none of the others from the live performances!

*I posted this in the other thread so I copy/pasted it over here*

Thanks for the review!! You have settled my nerves about PoC. I am now really excited to hear it again!

As for people complaining about UFO and A Hopeful Transmission, think of it as a good thing. This way, we still have a surprise left for us on the album.