✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is it just me or is this entire era starting to feel...depressing?

Guest Osaka Sun

Guest Osaka Sun

Over the past few weeks I've grown to be increasingly pessimistic about Mylo Xyloto. When we all heard the new tracks live at the summer festivals, everything sounded so fresh, almost perfect.

Then ETIAW, the studio version of Major Minus, throwing out MTM, the Rihanna duet news...and these new interviews of an indifferent Chris, Will feeling nervous (!), and the creation of an album that apparently had so many inconclusive phases (an acoustic record, then a film, then a rock symphony, then what?).

The lyrics to the disgraceful Paradise, the mediocre Up in Flames, and UATW, all feeling like the lovey-dovey story just like X&Y (not helping). I was listening to the recording of the band in Toronto today and the only thing that felt good anymore from LP5 was Charlie Brown. I remember going on the forums during the VLV era wanting to listen to every new snippet of Prospekt's March with excitement. Feels like all of that is gone now. :\

Ugh. Maybe I'm just overworrying. But the final result better sound good.

What about you all?

I'm not feeling like that at all, actually i'm quite excited to hear the studio version of UATW and the rest of the songs that we haven't heard yet, i may be a little too optimistic but i think they're going to pull off that Rihanna duet and i still think it's going to be a great album :)

Guest Osaka Sun
And ya, I kinda agree.. I mean I like most of the new songs, minus the singles.. But I'm just not really excited or unexcited for MX. I'm just kinda neutral.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ussCHoQttyQ]Neutral Response - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry, I'm just trying to keep a sense of humour for myself. :embarrassed:

I wish Coldplay would change their setlists more instead of playing the same songs over and over. Play some B-sides and other rarities.

Now that I do agree with. Watching the same setlist over and over again for the last few months has been really boring. I don't know how the boys can do that.

It doesn't seem like Coldplay is getting sick of playing the same songs over and over again. At least they don't show it anyways and that's all that matters and that's part of what makes them so great.

If you think about it, the majority of people paying to see them are only going to one show. They deserve to hear the top songs, which ultimately means the same songs.

I'm not feeling like that at all, actually i'm quite excited to hear the studio version of UATW and the rest of the songs that we haven't heard yet, i may be a little too optimistic but i think they're going to pull off that Rihanna duet and i still think it's going to be a great album :)

I agree :)

Over the past few weeks I've grown to be increasingly pessimistic about Mylo Xyloto. When we all heard the new tracks live at the summer festivals, everything sounded so fresh, almost perfect.

Then ETIAW, the studio version of Major Minus, throwing out MTM, the Rihanna duet news...and these new interviews of an indifferent Chris, Will feeling nervous (!), and the creation of an album that apparently had so many inconclusive phases (an acoustic record, then a film, then a rock symphony, then what?).

The lyrics to the disgraceful Paradise, the mediocre Up in Flames, and UATW, all feeling like the lovey-dovey story just like X&Y (not helping). I was listening to the recording of the band in Toronto today and the only thing that felt good anymore from LP5 was Charlie Brown. I remember going on the forums during the VLV era wanting to listen to every new snippet of Prospekt's March with excitement. Feels like all of that is gone now. :\

Ugh. Maybe I'm just overworrying. But the final result better sound good.

What about you all?

Don't worry, everything will be alright. The album will be perfect.

maybe is the fans who are depressed, and not the band Coldplay

this men happiest and the most popular and not need to make competition in the world of showbiz or the be recognized of the others bands .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEGd84MAIJM]Chris Martin of Coldplay On working with Brian Eno and Rihanna - YouTube[/ame]

every day i feel different about it. I've found it i listen to the unreleased songs (CB, HLH, POC, UATW, UIF) i feel quite excited yet when i think about ETIAW and Paradise, i feel really worried.

one thing is sure, i was definitely more excited before Paradise was released

No, there are others, but definitely not me. I am enjoying every bit of this. I know there will be some stuff I love, some I won't and some in between, but I expect that. I rarely enjoy everything.

I've moved on from bands I once liked but don't anymore. The thing that I don't get is why people who are not enjoying anything Coldplay do anymore are still around banging on about them. There's lots of other music out there, why waste precious time on something you don't like? Life's too short, move on and let it go.