✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto Reviews - Media

The Final Track

Us Against the World is a very good song as is but the layers of church organs could really add to the atmosphere and create more texture in the song. After all, this is Brian Eno's strongpoint.

(I do fear the Major Minus treatment where there is too much tinkering in the studio version).

I think the song has enough atmosphere without the other stuff. Jonny's guitar and Guy's bass alone do a lot. And I feel that even the slightest bit of organ or synthesizer poses a danger to the very intimate and stripped down nature of the song.

That said, I'm sure it will still sound good, especially since I'm not asking for a new Parachutes or anything.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a Meet & Greet in Brazil last week. And while I waited in the hotel bar - that was where the meeting took place - was playing a new song from Mylo Xyloto. The music was so beautiful, Chris's voice sounded a little distorted as in Major Minus, but nothing too exaggerated. They would not let the music be played to the end, but from what I hear seems to be an amazing song!

My guess is that it can be Up With the Birds.

I've been a Meet & Greet in Brazil last week. And while I waited in the hotel bar - that was where the meeting took place - was playing a new song from Mylo Xyloto. The music was so beautiful, Chris's voice sounded a little distorted as in Major Minus, but nothing too exaggerated. They would not let the music be played to the end, but from what I hear seems to be an amazing song!

My guess is that it can be Up With the Birds.

Anything else you can say in order to describe the song? Maybe remember a little bit of the lyrics?

Anything else you can say in order to describe the song? Maybe remember a little bit of the lyrics?

Wow, that would be difficult to remember haha. I was so much concerned to see the band that never even crossed my mind trying to memorize the lyrics. Sorry.

Well, more than I can remember, think I can compare a bit with Moving to Mars.

I just had an exclusive preview on the new Album Mylo Xyloto

Here's my review:

The album starts with the song 'Mylo Xyloto' it's an cool introduction tune nothing more :)

But 'Hurts Like Heaven' is EPIC it sounds not so diffrent as the live version but it's really great.

Yeah we all know how 'Paradise' sounds :) but i hate that track still.

'Charlie Brown' yet again not much diffrence with the live version from it,but it's still an great song,what else must i say about it :)

'Us Against The World' is really gotten fucked up just like Paradise,they made it really bombastic it's awfull :( too hard guitar sounds hurted my ears really.

Then 'M.M.I.X' it's cool but nothing more,it's a relaxing introduction.

'ETIAW' Yeah it's an nice pop song but nothing more then that,we all heard it so you know what i'm talking about.

'Major Minus' doesnt belong on the album just like Paradise they had too keep those 2 songs of the album :(

'U.F.O' it's an really really fantastic spacy instrumental track i cant describe how cool it is :)

And then the track we all FEAR 'Princess of China' it's an awfull track Rihanna's missplaced singing is really awfull,damn the voices of chris and her doesnt fit together :( and yet again sounds TOO overproduced.

Yeah 'Up in Flames' is maybe the best track on the album really :) better then the live version too be honest EPIC!

'AHTM' is not cool it's kind of boring too be honest,it's an bombastic introduction track :(

'DLIBYH' Pffffff that's an Boring song tooooooooo slow :( damn i dont know what too say about it.

But the last song 'UWTB' is Super! really spacy aswell really really great.

Overall this album gets an 2/5 from me,it's too bombastic most of the time and doesnt represent what Coldplay was :(

If this is real, MX is will be a 5/5 for me... no Coldplay song is overproduced... it fits all in very well in Major Minus and Paradise. They know what they are doing and I know to appreciate it :)

Wow, that would be difficult to remember haha. I was so much concerned to see the band that never even crossed my mind trying to memorize the lyrics. Sorry.

Well, more than I can remember, think I can compare a bit with Moving to Mars.

Wow, if that is truand the song is indeed UWTB I already like that song a lot :wacky:

Here's my review:

The album starts with the song 'Mylo Xyloto' it's an cool introduction tune nothing more :)

But 'Hurts Like Heaven' is EPIC it sounds not so diffrent as the live version but it's really great.

'Charlie Brown' yet again not much diffrence with the live version from it,but it's still an great song,what else must i say about it :)

'Us Against The World' is really gotten fucked up just like Paradise,they made it really bombastic it's awfull :( too hard guitar sounds hurted my ears really.

'ETIAW' Yeah it's an nice pop song but nothing more then that,we all heard it so you know what i'm talking about.

'Major Minus' doesnt belong on the album just like Paradise they had too keep those 2 songs of the album :(

'U.F.O' it's an really really fantastic spacy instrumental track i cant describe how cool it is :)

And then the track we all FEAR 'Princess of China' it's an awfull track Rihanna's missplaced singing is really awfull,damn the voices of chris and her doesnt fit together :( and yet again sounds TOO overproduced.

Yeah 'Up in Flames' is maybe the best track on the album really :) better then the live version too be honest EPIC!

'AHTM' is not cool it's kind of boring too be honest,it's an bombastic introduction track :(

'DLIBYH' Pffffff that's an Boring song tooooooooo slow :( damn i dont know what too say about it.

Overall this album gets an 2/5 from me,it's too bombastic most of the time and doesnt represent what Coldplay was :(

OK, now this one is fake, if you ask me :lol: :P

Either that, or just written by someone who's never been trained to use descriptive words to describe things before.

Here's my review:

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

We've already been told DLIBYH is really upbeat and powerful from Roadie 42. and you call it slow? Nah. Also, UFO probably isn't a spacey instrumental. Chris has called it "acoustic".

You also use the word bombastic way too many times.

Here's my review:

Kthxbye

I guess Bombastic is a right therm, cause every radio friendly single must sound loud (means great) from any crappy boombox.

Yeah it's indeed the right therm,i dont know why most dont understand why i'm saying this.

There's no other therm for it really, 'Paradise' is really Bombastic in a negative way.

ETIAW is a good poppy/dance track for young people from 12 to 18 years old.

MTM is great but didnt make the album,i was listening to that track again today and yet

again come to the conclusion it's an stupid decision to keep it of the LP.

oh and concerning the church in UATW - hasn't Will always been playing a church during the live shows? hm?

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure it's a piano he plays live - not an organ.

*goes to listen again*

As non-objective as music magazine reviews may be...I don't think this is the case at all. I don't think reviewers are entirely uninfluenced by outside factors, but I'm pretty sure they DO listen to the album--why wouldn't they? To save 30 minutes of their time? We also know that journalists have had their chances to hear the whole album at press listening parties. I don't see why people are saying the reviewer couldn't possibly have heard the album.

I also thought they were pretty balanced and fair in praising the album while also saying it's almost TOO good in that it's too eager to please. To me, all things point to the reviewer actually hearing AND listening to the album, and not being any sort of Coldplay/soft pop-rock snob. 7/10 is a great score, and the review itself was good and balanced--I think they seemed to match.

You may be right... The thing that had me feeling as though they didn't hear it, is that they basically reviewed the songs we have heard already in one way or another. They probably didn't make an educated guess about Rhiana and POC. 7/10 is a good review, no doubt. Especially because they could have slammed it for being more pop and less introspective than the previous 4 LPs. I was quick to post, as I often am and felt ripped off for not getting a longer explanation and more insight into the songs we have not heard yet. Here's to hoping your theory of a longer and more detailed print review turns out to be true.

I just had an exclusive preview on the new Album Mylo Xylot

Turn it down then!

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure it's a piano he plays live - not an organ.

*goes to listen again*

Quite right. In fact, at the concert I went to in Toronto Will played on Chris' piano :)

And when Will fucks up at Glasto Chris says "Ok so Will sits down at the piano..."

the latest fake review aside.

I'm not sure i buy into the "news" that the album version will have organ based keys.

It wouldn't be an obstacle to make the transition through the piano live like they do for 'Fix You' so I think if the LP version used organs, the live version would too.