P1030630.jpg

P1030627.jpgP1030620.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

P1030604.jpg

P1030549-1.jpg

kevin-beans-breakfast-with-coldplay-at-the-red-bull-sound-space-at-kroq-2.jpg

P1030642-1.jpg

kevin-beans-breakfast-with-coldplay-at-the-red-bull-sound-space-at-kroq-37.jpg

I didn't take this picture, KROQ did, but Jonny is signing my little picture that came with the ETIAW vinyl and cd.

IMG_0628-2.jpg

My goodies - the roadies were SO nice. And Matt McGinn was really happy I'd read his book.

Oh you are the one who grabbed the sticks! Well done!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh you are the one who grabbed the sticks! Well done!

No! I wasn't the one who grabbed the sticks. Will tossed 2 sticks to the crowd, someone caught one of them, the other one landed on the stage. A woman went up on the stage at the end and picked up that stick. Hoppy was standing near us at the end of the show, and I'd pointed him out, so my husband went up to him and started asking a lot of questions about Chris's piano and how it plays piano and organ sounds, so Hoppy tried explaining it, but then said he wasn't very good at it because he takes care of guitars. I said "you take care of Chris's guitars?" (knowing full well he does) and he said yes, and I asked if there were any picks laying around. He asked me to wait for a minute, and I asked if he needed to be doing something and he said he was told to wait. LOL While we were waiting for Hoppy, I went up to Matt McGinn, who was starting to put away Jonny's guitars and said "Hi Matt, I read your book." He stopped and asked "really? Did you like it?" And I said I did like it and he thanked me for reading it and asked what else I thought. I told him I thought it "was well written and that Coldplay are my very favorite band." He said they are his favorite band too. He seemed very happy that I knew who he was. Awwwww. :bomb: Then I asked if he any picks, so he went to get a few, and Hoppy came back and gave me one of Chris's. Bash was starting to take down Will's drums, so I walked up to the stage to meet Matt who was walking back and I asked Bash if I could have a drumstick. He pulled one out of Will's "stash" and I died right there. They were all so nice and I thanked them profusely.. After we walked outside, I saw the black SUV's in the parking lot, and asked one of the KROQ guys if the band were still there. He said they were in the dressing room and I asked if we could wait. He said not there, and I had my handful of swag, so we started talking about the roadies and how hard they worked. They came straight from the Ellen show yesterday at about 6pm, set up the stage, and everything and were there late at night, then they were back first thing this morning.

Congrats Dianne on getting to take another picture with Will and all those Coldplay goodies you received from the roadies. :D I'm very happy for you. :nice: You truly deserved every minute of it. :) Of course I wish I had been there too, but I'm just glad someone on here, and someone I met got to be there. :D

I hope the show's been recorded...I would love to see it since I was at school. :shifty: