✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[18-Oct-2011] Coldplay @ Red Bull Sound Space, Los Angeles, USA

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I VERY much enjoyed that! It's such a creeper thing to say, but I love watching them off camera, just goofing off and interacting. Chris is SO good with fans, I mean they all are, but he stood there for so long and made sure he signed everything he could reach. Thought it was sweet he hung that gift someone gave him off his piano too :nice:

They were very funny and easy and natural, was lovely to see. Still can't abide Para Para in any format at all, but ETIAW did its job as a closer well enough. Charlie Brown was the stand out though. 100%/. Excellent.

I'd kill to go to something like that! :bomb:

First, Chris is left handed? didn't remember that - awesome of them to sign autographs - it is really cool seeing what they do between breaks - it looked jonny's guitar was having problems right before they started playing Fix You - btw, is there a transcription of what Chris plays on the organ during the live shows - was trying to watch what he was doing - would love to play the song like he does to see how it sounds. Also, Guy on keyboards for ETIAW was cool.

One last thing - ETIAW is a great song and will be a classic despite all the hate directed toward it. It's such a exhilarating song - ecstatic, euphoric - especially with the buildup and the lyrical melody. Beautiful - great interview and great set.

I'm hitting Colbert Report tomorrow, hopefully we get at least 3 or 4 songs - they played the Daily Show before and think they played at least 3 songs.

It is so good to see the boys in these intimate sets. Actually, it makes me pretty nostalgic that they didn't finish the acoustic record idea. Fix You still gives me chills after many years. The interview was nice, but I think there was too much repetition with the CBS Sunday TV interview. And I didn't like the hosts. Anyhow, the boys are back, they are in great shape and it is so nice to see them so happy after all these years. We are indeed very lucky fans because this is one of the greatest bands in history.

I just have to say:

- love how Chris shot down the negativity for Axel Rose

- his answer about people who criticize CP, and turning negativity into a positive for kids who have to deal with it everyday.

- this whole Zen thing happening with Kung Fu Panda 2

- visualizing Guy in the bath

- Jonny's sweet answer about we've only got each other

- Will's steady and stable presence always

Left with smiles and a couple of tear-ups as these guys are the greatest in more than one way. xo

What was the setlist like? Unfortunately, I couldn't watch.. Any surprises??

Yellow

-questions & answers-

Paradise

-questions & answers-

Viva La Vida

-questions & answers-

Charlie Brown

-questions & answers-

Fix You

-questions & answers-

Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall

So, no surprises..._:):laugh3: