✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[18-Oct-2011] Coldplay @ Red Bull Sound Space, Los Angeles, USA

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting answer to all the critics and negativity - I was posting new songs from the album, and my comments on them on my fb wall when a old high school friend started ripping on CP, being overrated - typical pseudo hipster type, though he's corporate - defended CP appropriately incl. using Duke Ellington's quote - if it sounds good, it must be good -

anyway, CB sounds so good, after hearing the studio version, it is going to be a massive hit, would love to hear acoustic though sans accordion.

Guest howyousawtheworld
One of the few bands that can make their music's sound better live than studio...

The sign of how quality a band really is is how they perform on stage. And Coldplay do it better than anyone at the moment. Glastonbury told me they do it even better than U2 now and I never thought I'd ever be saying that. Regardless of opinions on the new album itself, these songs have catapulted Coldplay right up to the top of the live ladder. Hurts Like Heaven, Charlie Brown are no doubt in the top 5 live songs. The others would be Clocks, A Rush Of Blood To The Head and In My Place.

The sign of how quality a band really is is how they perform on stage. And Coldplay do it better than anyone at the moment. Glastonbury told me they do it even better than U2 now and I never thought I'd ever be saying that. Regardless of opinions on the new album itself, these songs have catapulted Coldplay right up to the top of the live ladder. Hurts Like Heaven, Charlie Brown are no doubt in the top 5 live songs. The others would be Clocks, A Rush Of Blood To The Head and In My Place.

I put them in the same level of performance, but they have been improving for years, one day maybe they going to be best than U2 live, but not yet, now they are equal...