✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[18-Oct-2011] Coldplay @ Red Bull Sound Space, Los Angeles, USA

:) I'm hoping at least one of us here wins! Not only do they have the online contest, there is a "call-in" contest. They announce at noon, 3pm and 6pm to be the 20th caller. And Kevin and Bean have their own contests during their morning show, so I will be listening tomorrow and every day until Friday...

I saw the rules you posted that you have to be a CA resident for the call in contest but hope it's not the same for the online contest :cry:

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Imelda, yes, can enter online only once but I just posted that they're also doing a "be caller 20" contest, at noon, 3pm and 6pm. I've heard at least one commercial an hour today, listening to KROQ.

Unfortunately I don't get KROQ out here where I live. :\ But I will listen online at 6pm when i'm home from school. :) Thanks for the info Dianne. :)

Good luck to my Cali Friends and UCLA Coldplayers!!!!

Thanks! :D

I have KROQ's number memorized but I don't have my own mother's number memorized. :laugh3:

:lol: My sister has it memorized too; she surprised me when she recited it to me since we haven't lived in Los Angeles for about 8 and a half years now. :P She also doesn't know my mom's number. :laugh3:

Best of luck to all my West Coast friends! :laugh3: Fingers crossed for all of you! :dance:[/size][/font]

Thanks Amanda. I'm doing my best to win the KROQ tickets. The contest this morning was painful. The dj's took the first 5 callers. William Shatner was a guest on the show and he read lyrics to each caller and all they had to do was identify the damn song. Only 2 out of the 5 got them, and they were Yellow, Clocks, Trouble, ETIAW, and Fix You. Then they drew a winner out of the 2 who got them correct. I was dying...because all I got was a busy signal. They said they did this so the tickets would go to a "real" fan. Grrrr...

Thanks Amanda. I'm doing my best to win the KROQ tickets. The contest this morning was painful. The dj's took the first 5 callers. William Shatner was a guest on the show and he read lyrics to each caller and all they had to do was identify the damn song. Only 2 out of the 5 got them, and they were Yellow, Clocks, Trouble, ETIAW, and Fix You. Then they drew a winner out of the 2 who got them correct. I was dying...because all I got was a busy signal. They said they did this so the tickets would go to a "real" fan. Grrrr...

Wow, that would be a cakewalk for the rest of us!

Keep trying you will WIN!!!! You will be "CHAMPION".............................

While I'm sure it was a "chalk on the blackboard" moment for you :evil:, I'm actually REALLY happy that they did it this way. Why have an exclusive event filled with people who semi like Coldplay? I got stuck next to some radio contest winners at the ACL taping and it was a pretty miserable experience! :(

While I didn't expect them to know all the new songs...say like some of the more enthused :wink3:, at least know the names of their "greatest hits" -- especially if you plan to yell them out on camera! :facepalm:

While I'm sure it was a "chalk on the blackboard" moment for you :evil:, I'm actually REALLY happy that they did it this way. Why have an exclusive event filled with people who semi like Coldplay? I got stuck next to some radio contest winners at the ACL taping and it was a pretty miserable experience! :(

While I didn't expect them to know all the new songs...say like some of the more enthused :wink3:, at least know the names of their "greatest hits" -- especially if you plan to yell them out on camera! :facepalm:[/font]

Oh I know. I'd rather it go to someone who at least knows their top hits. I just wish I could get through on the phone lines. They are only giving away 50 pairs of tickets, the studio is tiny and they're doing a Q&A with the fans asking questions :)

The contest this morning was pretty funny. It was "Wheel of Celebrity Voices," where Ralph (their impressions guy) sang or spoke Coldplay lyrics as different people or bands, one was as Justin Bieber, another was as Mumford and Sons (very, very funny!). Again, only three people got the answer right, and the poor girl who knew "Death and All his Friends" (all the rest were popular singles) didn't even win. I was on my way to work, so, no chance to call there. Sigh (I got them all right).

The contest this morning was pretty funny. It was "Wheel of Celebrity Voices," where Ralph (their impressions guy) sang or spoke Coldplay lyrics as different people or bands, one was as Justin Bieber, another was as Mumford and Sons (very, very funny!). Again, only three people got the answer right, and the poor girl who knew "Death and All his Friends" (all the rest were popular singles) didn't even win. I was on my way to work, so, no chance to call there. Sigh (I got them all right).

:o

Wish I lived in Cali :(

I got through a few minutes ago when they did the contest and I was on hold to play but they ran out of time and didn't get to me. I was so close....I almost felt like crying after I hung up the phone.

Oh, bummer. :(. I think it would be worse to get the right answer but not chosen in the drawing! I've gotten through twice during the 3 call-ins a day...I will keep trying!

Ugh. These call-in winners are starting to really annoy me. I need to stop listening to them when I don't get through. NO one seems very excited about seeing Coldplay- they're just happy they won something :( I'm worried the crowd will be half-dead, like that Letterman crowd. This last winner - the dj said the stage was very small and if Chris fell off the stage, would she catch him. The way she responded, I don't even think she knows who Chris is. Grrrr...

Today's game was very hard--you had to guess the names of the songs as they were read backwords. People wouldn't even guess, just went, "uuuuuh." I don't think these are fans, I think they are just people who call in and wait to win something. So frustrating. I'm lying in bed this morning going, "Viva la Vida!" I just hope there are actual fans there when the breakfast finally comes.