✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[18-Oct-2011] Coldplay @ Red Bull Sound Space, Los Angeles, USA

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what is your secret? You must have one since you have gotten through so many times. All I have ever gotten is a busy signal.

I just dial. I was using 2 phones and I had the number ready to dial. They do the contests right when whatever song they play that ends at noon, 3 or 6. If I get a busy, just hit redial 7-8-9 times. All that plus a lot of finger crossing. I'm still in shock. 60-80 people in the audience. A far cry from the 30,000 who were behind us at Austin City Limits last month! KROQ has been good to me. I won meet and greet tix from them 2 years ago :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They did another contest this morning. Kevin and Bean do 2 a day, then there are the 3 call-in times. The second contest was so much easier...Kind of like "fill in the blank."

A color in the rainbow is?

When you have a run-in with the police, you are in?

That thing on the wall that tells time is?

The Spanish word for life is?

When you are cold, you?

When you jump out of a plane, you need?

Someone who works in a lab?

When you cry, you have?

They asked a guy the questions first, and he got them all. Then they asked a girl, and she didn't know very many. MUCH easier than the backwards song titles :( I was on hold the whole time waiting for them to get to me and they didn't. I asked the girl on the phone when they were doing the drawing from the online contest, and she didn't know. So now I wait for noon to come and try calling again. So far, I've been caller 15, 17 and last night my husband was 19. They always look for caller 20.

i can't figure out all the answers! lol

yellow

trouble

clocks

viva la vida

shiver

parachutes

the scientist

a rush of blood to the head????

i guess i did know more than i thought.. but it took me a second... i would have totally blanked on the last 3....

ps dianne. take me with you ;)

i can't figure out all the answers! lol

yellow

trouble

clocks

viva la vida

shiver

parachutes

the scientist

a rush of blood to the head????

i guess i did know more than i thought.. but it took me a second... i would have totally blanked on the last 3....

ps dianne. take me with you ;)

Erick! The last one was "Teardrop," They were looking for ETIAW. But who cares...I'm going...I hope they let us take photos, especially since it's a webcast, so no worries about revealing any secrets :)

Congrats, Dianne. We wil need a blow by blow account! Don't leave anything out.

I am getting cranky thinking about not being able to be there. Even if by some chance I won the online contest and they called me on Monday, I wouldn't be able to get off work!

Yes!!! KROQ just called with info and said that cameras and cell phones ARE allowed inside! Just not professional cameras, but that's ok. I have a decent point and shoot. I'm so excited! I don't want to be too distracted from the show, but I will try to tweet a bit and I'll probably do a couple of facebook updates from my iphone. I don't tweet much, but if you want to follow me, it's just LFDianne, like my screen name here. I am on facebook a LOT, you can friend me, if you want to see those pictures, too. Search for Dianne Reece Silver

Yes!!! KROQ just called with info and said that cameras and cell phones ARE allowed inside! Just not professional cameras, but that's ok. I have a decent point and shoot. I'm so excited! I don't want to be too distracted from the show, but I will try to tweet a bit and I'll probably do a couple of facebook updates from my iphone. I don't tweet much, but if you want to follow me, it's just LFDianne, like my screen name here. I am on facebook a LOT, you can friend me, if you want to see those pictures, too. Search for Dianne Reece Silver

OMG congrats! I was listening when they said Diane from Orange County yesterday and came on here to see if it was you :) I didn't see any new posts so I thought it wasn't! But just checked again and wanted to say how excited I am for you! You're so lucky :)

Congratulations!!! :dance: I'm very happy for you. :D Hopefully you somehow get to meet Will again! :) And that venue is so tiny! Congrats again! :D

My birthday is tomorrow and I was really hoping that my birthday present was going to be winning these tickets. :( I am not sure if I even want to listen to the broadcast on Tuesday morning because I think I will be too sad that I am not going to be there.

My birthday is tomorrow too. Get your own birthday. :P

If you entered the online contest, apparently those winners will be notified Monday morning, so there's still hope for both of us. :)

My birthday is tomorrow too. Get your own birthday. :P

If you entered the online contest, apparently those winners will be notified Monday morning, so there's still hope for both of us. :)

Did you see the link on Coldplay's facebook wall? Another contest for CA residents only - the link takes you to an entry form on coldplay.com, but you can't find the link on coldplay.com without going through the facebook link, if that makes sense. They will notify the winner on Monday.

Did you see the link on Coldplay's facebook wall? Another contest for CA residents only - the link takes you to an entry form on coldplay.com, but you can't find the link on coldplay.com without going through the facebook link, if that makes sense. They will notify the winner on Monday.

Me and my husband entered today but I am not getting my hopes up.