✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rolling Stone - ***1/2 (Scans & transcript in first post)

oldmuckers

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to admit, this has me pretty excited for Princess of China. I'm surprised, though, they didn't mention Charlie Brown. I thought that song was the "best thing Coldplay had ever done" according to the Q review.

Not surprised...when RS reviewed the festival songs, they gave CB the lowest rating.

If I remember correctly it was something like 2.5 stars.

I think the next 3 singles are gonna be CB, PoC, and HLH.

Not surprised...when RS reviewed the festival songs, they gave CB the lowest rating.

If I remember correctly it was something like 2.5 stars.

I think the next 3 singles are gonna be CB, PoC, and HLH.

Oh yeah! *durp* I was the one who posted that too.

I wonder why they don't like it? It's obviously one of the strongest songs on the album and a fan favorite.

Guest howyousawtheworld
They also had this as a full-spread ad near the beginning of the issue.

Pretty cool!

6244559388_3b2dcbda9f_b.jpg

Note Will's "Car Kids."

Has someone airbrushed that photo? It looks awful!

The music press (and mainstream press in general) are a joke. They would have all, without exception, given it between 3 and 3 1/2 stars no matter what it was like (the general press up to 4 1/2 stars).

Words count (somewhat, and depending on the source). Scores don't.

that's really not true. for instance ..both bjork and wilco got 4 stars this past issue.

i think 3. 5 is probably fair.

i think viva was a 3.5 album

i do not think X&Y was 3 stars ...4 stars i think

what band out there makes songs like Fix You, Square One, and Twisted Logic?

I honestly think the bad Rolling Stone review from X&Y (what they consider bad) is the reason they changed their sound so much with Viva La Vida.

They really tried to pursue the art band path. Just from reading interviews where Chris seemed pretty let down by the feedback of the album. although, they got a lot of good reviews from XandY.

screw R.S

another opinion, another asshole

I do wish Coldplay would go back to their more simpler songs...without all the layering etc..

Although, Christmas Lights...oh meh gawd. They are getting pretty good at the layering thing too. :)

Lol dude it seems you're a newby because x&y was panned by everyone. What reverse world are you living in? Must be one run by coldplayers. Viva got much better reviews than x&y. Your personal preference does not represent the worlds.

Thanks for posting and typing! :cheesy:

They also had this as a full-spread ad near the beginning of the issue.

Pretty cool!

6244559388_3b2dcbda9f_b.jpg

Note Will's "Car Kids."

Ooh, well I can't deny that Chris looks hella nice, airbrushed or not...other photos looked worse from this era, photoshop wise, anyway. [/fangirl]

So much for not doing ads, but that was broken during Viva anyway.

And in continuation of the stubble era of X&Y, this also seems to be the chest hair era :uhoh:

Thanks very much!

All those (well, most) reviews have me very excited, for POC in particular. It has to leak very soon, I'm losing my mind.

And Chris Martin should stop getting more handsome because I don't want to become a fangirl.

Okay I am a fangirl already. Occasionally.

So I'm sorry the old scans looked bad. I was on my tiny tiny laptop. Now I'm on my big iMac so the screenshot won't be so tiny.

This is the last thing I'll upload, then I'll leave you alone :P. I just thought someone would want a higher quality version.

Cover:

6244981334_74050c60f3_b.jpg

Review (2 pages)

6244461503_b3b398fdce_b.jpg

6244461905_546ce0fa5a_b.jpg

Ad (spread):

6244982090_47942082bd_b.jpg

Okay, now I'll leave you alone!

:escaping:

It's like the more photos I see of Guy, the shorter he gets in comparison to the others :lol:

He's not even a short guy, just average! But he's looking oddly small in this era :P

He may be the shortest, but he's probably the most likely to pull a knife out on someone. :nod:

I was actually afraid he was going to kill me when I met him :P. Or not kill me, but like, he wasn't in the best of moods and was acting like I was making him come over when really he did that all of his own accord :lol:

He doesn't seem to like the fans as much as Chris, Will and Jonny do. And I hear stories about him running and ducking into cars and stuff. Lame.

Maybe he's been raped before by one or more of those crazy Berryman girls in the Coldplay section.