✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

First Impressions of Mylo Xyloto (and vote in the 1-10 sliding scale poll!)

Major_Love

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Side A tracks sound great, but after hearing them so much live I'm especially into the new ones on Side B, except for POC - that song had to go, and I've "replaced it" with Moving to Mars, which works well for me.

DLIBYH and UWTB have been my favourites lately, but Charlie Brown really is the stand out song on the album I think.

I was one of the people who was optimistic about the new album when ETIAW had been released. No worries there. I didn't like Paradise, though.

After my first listen of Mylo Xyloto I was in a bit of a shock. During the listening I kept finding negative things. I thought it was such a weird mix of overly overproduced songs that wanted to be mainstream pop and quiet, almost acoustic songs that seemed slightly boring. I was left so disappointed that I for a moment thought I had wasted my money on the pop-up album. :lipsrsealed2: I thought, "Where is my Coldplay? This isn't the band I know and love."I couldn't wrap my head around it.

People kept tweeting me that I should listen to it again because I'd find all the beautiful things.

I sure did. I listened to it again the day after. At that point the album it could only get better, I think. I began hearing the good melodies. I had gotten over and used to the different new production of the songs. From then I was hooked. I love the new album now! :wacky: Some of the songs are really, really beautiful. I love the repeated chord progression that goes through the album - it really ties the album together. I've heard the album 20+ times by now. :)

As for rating the album I only think I can do that after a long time to be fair. I can probably compare it to the others better when the shine wears off.

I think it's brilliant. A really, really nice mix of loud, fast songs and some quieter songs. Stand out song(s) have to be A Hopeful Transmission leading to Don't Let It Break Your Heart. Such a great track! In terms of comparison against other albums, I'd say it was below VLV and AROBTTH. I still love it though :)

I have many favorites already because we all heard most of songs during the festivals. Today I could hear the xylophones in Paradise better than before. The sped up vocals(Snoopy talk) in Charlie Brown are very creative. The guitars in Don't Let It Break Your Heart sounds like church bells to me. The overall feeling and vibe of the album is realness and good. I walk away feeling like Coldplay is presenting to us a theme about all the stages of life. The realness of life and it's ups and downs. Exactly how the band are quoted as saying. It takes balls to come up with an album much different than what some fans are used too and I applaud them for being true to themselves and making music that comes out sounding real and uncompromised. They seem like a happy bunch of guys having fun and the joy they have in making music can be heard in this album.

• 1 month later...
I'm allergic to cats, I can totally understand :p

Well you don't have to pet it, just don't throw rocks at the poor kitteh. :D

1198942619-1198923915356-600x450.jpg

Unless it's a douche like this guy. WTF. :lol:

This ! MX is their best album so far.

I don't like comparing albums and songs. I do love the fact that they always change.