✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

First Impressions of Mylo Xyloto (and vote in the 1-10 sliding scale poll!)

Major_Love

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That it will polarize is nothing new. ;) There is too much new and innovative, its too different from Parachutes that there won't be criticism but I don't care about them who only want to hear music of one genre.

So, overall you say its a great album?

That it will polarize is nothing new. ;) There is too much new and innovative, its too different from Parachutes that there won't be criticism but I don't care about them who only want to hear music of one genre.

So, overall you say its a great album?

I think it's good job that the album still sounds like one whole album, but it consists out of electronics tracks (like POC) AND acoustic ones (like UFO). Two different styles but they work next to each other.

Not a masterpiece no. The inclusion of Para and ETIAW ensures that for me.

But there were moments that gave me goosebumps and moments the evoked emotion and I was petrified I wouldn't get that from this album.

Not their best, but a solid album. The final three songs are sublime.

Better than I expected. (2)

It can be a problem because they sound different live. So, kind of agreed about overproducing thing. But this album is good as an album. I really love how this album goes (except Major Minus) and the atmosphere. This makes my years. I bet DLIBYH will break audiences' heart at the concerts

Very nice album.

Some people have claimed Major Minus breaks the momentum, and I think that's the point. It breaks the story in half, just like on the boards when the tracklist was revealed. The second half is a masterpiece !

Let me first say that my expectations for this album were lowered a lot this morning after I heard 'Princess of China',and really did not like it (I know that I'm one of the very few).

But I must say I'd give the album about an 8.5/10, I think most of the tracks are great. Favourites so far are 'Hurts Like Heaven' and 'Don't Let It Break Your Heart'.

I love it, and I belive both "new" and "old" Coldplay-fans will get what they want. Yeah, it is a new style - but still, I think the low key songs are really classic Coldplay.

It ain't no Parachutes, and I'm glad it isn't. I love Parachutes, but Coldplay have evolved. This is so good, and they better come to my country as soon as possible.

Very nice album.

Some people have claimed Major Minus breaks the momentum, and I think that's the point. It breaks the story in half, just like on the boards when the tracklist was revealed. The second half is a masterpiece !

That makes sense, well I hope I get to like Major Minus soon.

I totally agree about the second half though.

not so sure that electronics and acoustics work together to me ... but I also think that we cannot have a good idea of it before listening to the "real" album!

anyway, love the last three songs, me too! Princess of China is not that bad - I just don't like solo-Rihanna's voice ;)

I have just listened the album and I have to say it's amazing! The new songs are great and even Paradise and ETIAW, on which I had my comments, sure do fit in the album as a whole. I really liked the songs Up In Flames and up With The Birds. Coldplay still has that magic in them to perfectly deliver these beautiful songs. A great album, not as great as AROBTTH but it still met up to my expectations, maybe even above that. My grade: 8.5/10

There are pros and cons for me. This is a solid album with some truly beautiful songs but too much electronic going on, we dont hear Chris's voice enough.. They should have sticked to an acoustic album, not over produced songs.. And last but not least: Moving To Mars SHOULD HAVE been on that album. Period.

The album somehow exceeded my expectations. It will grow on me.I can't say yet if this is the best that Coldplay has done, but I can say: this album is wonderful. 8/10

There are pros and cons for me. This is a solid album with some truly beautiful songs but too much electronic going on, we dont hear Chris's voice enough.. They should have sticked to an acoustic album, not over produced songs.. And last but not least: Moving To Mars SHOULD HAVE been on that album. Period.

I agree with that. Would fit perfectly.