✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Negative things about the new album

Free Revok

SO MUCH.

I'm really sorry - no wait I am not. I've loved all of Coldplay's albums so far.

Parachutes - 7/10

AROBTTH - 10/10

X&Y - 9/10

Viva La Vida - 8/10

Mylo Xyloto - 6/10

This is WAY too overproduced, unoriginal, and messy. No cohesion at all. At best there's a couple of good tracks.

For 3 year's work... hmm.......It's clear U2 and Radiohead are in different leagues...

Production (it's pretty compressed and over done). The pacing of the album feels a bit off. The placement of the acoustic tracks seem a bit jarring in comparison to the rest of the albums musical style.

Martin's vocal parts are rather weak on a handful of songs etc. etc.

come on,man, you are not less of a fan for not liking everything... :(

I didn't mean that, I simply meant that a lot of people have been putting them down unfairly. To be constructive (as you have been) is fair.

I think it'll be a good album but I'll comment on this again once I've actually heard it.

Too many things happened in the mix and master of the songs.. way to many.

Too many echo's, too many synth, too many pings and pangs in the background.

It seems like the studio engineer tried to show off his talents, good for him but it destroys most of it.

Plenty of reverb in places where I'd like to know why they ever were put there, too many compressions all over the album(like everything had hit the farest spikes).

It seems like they hit every string of their guitar as hard as they could hit it, also for all of the other instruments. Obviously done by the overcompression.

If I had the original multi-tracks, I would completely redo the album.. but as I don't have them we have to live with what we've got..

Doesn't mean I don't like it but it could've been so much better.

Listener rating: 8/10

Professional rating of Coldplay's playing: 9/10

Professional rating of production: 3/10

Too many things happened in the mix and master of the songs.. way to many.

Too many echo's, too many synth, too many pings and pangs in the background.

It seems like the studio engineer tried to show off his talents, good for him but it destroys most of it.

Plenty of reverb in places where I'd like to know why they ever were put there, too many compressions all over the album(like everything had hit the farest spikes).

It seems like they hit every string of their guitar as hard as they could hit it, also for all of the other instruments. Obviously done by the overcompression.

It seems like you don't have a clue about how things work in the studio, especially in a studio with a big producer like Brian Eno.