✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The drum beat of this song...

Free Revok

I love the electronic beat - it really makes the song - or else it would be just some parachutes left over - the new album incorporates electronic influences - I really am glad it's different than the one from ACL - and am glad they're using electronic drums for it live - it's quite boring for the first 3 minutes with regular drums, but w/ that electronic beat coupled w/ Chris' falsetto/plaintive voice and simple piano - it really elevates the song.

I love it. I don't mind that it sounds like a hip hip (taboo!!!) drumbeat, but I think the drums are just fabulous, I mean the end when the reverb is just cranked. The only thing I don't like about this song is the thing they did with the vocals, I mean it sounds too cut off, the vox should sound more soulful and laid back

The drum beat is annoying. I feel like the song would have been a hell of a lot better without it and just Chris' piano play.

This. Totally. No offence to Will, but the drums kind of ruin this song for me. In a way, you can sort-of tell it was rush-written and rush-recorded, rather being more thought through like the other songs on the album :)

It would sound better if the will actually played drums instead of using midi drums

It might not. These fit the feel of the song perfectly. The whole album's got a sort of processed / electronic feel to it and these pretty much emphasise it even more, plus you can do a lot more with midi drums, like the extended reverb they did and the little subtle hi-hat in the 2nd verse (which sounds like hitting a pot with plastic or something).

Reminds me slightly of Radiohead's 'Videotape', but more simple.

Imo they're not similar at all. I find Videotape a much better song than Up In Flames.

Thinking of it, I think I understand what you mean by it. But still, the songs create totally different emotions for me.

I have to admit that I don't like Up In Flames for its repetitiveness. Imo the guitar riff is the best part of the song.

Imo they're not similar at all. I find Videotape a much better song than Up In Flames.

Thinking of it, I think I understand what you mean by it. But still, the songs create totally different emotions for me.

I have to admit that I don't like Up In Flames for its repetitiveness. Imo the guitar riff is the best part of the song.

OMG, Videotape is a million times better than Up in flames. No offense,y'all. :) And yeah the guitar riff is the only part that I like. And the verses are not THAT bad. But the chorus is IMO the worst Coldplay's chorus ever. I find it dreadful, and makes me wanna punch Chris for the intentional slip-ups.

OMG, Videotape is a million times better than Up in flames. No offense,y'all. :) And yeah the guitar riff is the only part that I like. And the verses are not THAT bad. But the chorus is IMO the worst Coldplay's chorus ever. I find it dreadful, and makes me wanna punch Chris for the intentional slip-ups.

THIS. Although I quite like the chorus...but Videotape is a hell load better than Up In Flames.

• 2 weeks later...
It's terrible. I like almost all songs, but this one is just bad, and I blame those stupid drums. I can't believe they wrote that drum part actually :stunned: , because it sounds like a job of a 10 years old kid. And it goes through whole song. :\

agreed...i have a little travel drum pad i paid like $10 for and i played the beat and it sounded exactly the same....

travel drum pad i paid like $10 for

Out of curiosity where did you get that (or what would I search to find it online)? Cause after this and Talk/God Put A Smile Upon Your Face I'm in the market!:D

Also, here's a live version where Will plays the beat on a non-electric drum set

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58jfwUKSn8A]Coldplay - Up In Flames Live on The Colbert Report - YouTube[/ame]

Thought that was pretty interesting:)

Out of curiosity where did you get that (or what would I search to find it online)? Cause after this and Talk/God Put A Smile Upon Your Face I'm in the market!:D

Also, here's a live version where Will plays the beat on a non-electric drum set

Coldplay - Up In Flames Live on The Colbert Report - YouTube

Thought that was pretty interesting:)

i honestly dont remember it was like a while ago..before a rush of blood came out...i found it about a month ago (found it when i was moving)...hope you find one tho :)

The drum beat of this song epitomizes the problems I have with Coldplay's so-called "new direction." I mean, the song is fucking great! I enjoyed it to no end in the ACL performance and enjoy it nearly as much in the album version but honestly, drop the fucking computer guys (Coldplay)!>!>!>!

What in the world is wrong with the kick drum on your set Will!?! huh!?

I love Coldplay and they clearly have a vision for their music but what is wrong with just taking a few guitars, a drum set, piano, and mic and locking it in a room with the guys and let them have at it. I'm sick of this computerized shit they (and many MANY other bands) are resorting to.

It is their music though, afterall, so its only my opinion but these guys are capable of making some damn good music without having to use all this filler crap they have oversaturated this album with. Bleh!

My two cents. lol

:furious3:

The drum beat of this song epitomizes the problems I have with Coldplay's so-called "new direction." I mean, the song is fucking great! I enjoyed it to no end in the ACL performance and enjoy it nearly as much in the album version but honestly, drop the fucking computer guys (Coldplay)!>!>!>!

What in the world is wrong with the kick drum on your set Will!?! huh!?

I love Coldplay and they clearly have a vision for their music but what is wrong with just taking a few guitars, a drum set, piano, and mic and locking it in a room with the guys and let them have at it. I'm sick of this computerized shit they (and many MANY other bands) are resorting to.

It is their music though, afterall, so its only my opinion but these guys are capable of making some damn good music without having to use all this filler crap they have oversaturated this album with. Bleh!

My two cents. lol

somewhat agreed...i listen to house/techno/dance like david guetta and deadmau5..but coldplay has changed me as a person and how i look on life....to me they are trying to get on the pop mainstream...they did just fine with VLV and it wasnt pop.....ETIAW and Paradise didnt do so well on the charts cos it doesnt sound like coldplay..if they want to do whatever just let them do it..if you dont like it return it to where ever you go it from (sorry for sound a little like chris there)..personally i love the new album it sounds like my life so far....so much fighting between people around me...back to CP now Will's fine using the computer to me its some brainaic to use a computer like he does....