✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Idea for guitar Riff taken from another song?

Coldplay770

You decide for yourself, but I'm pretty convinced that the little guitar riff Johnny plays between verses (live version) after things get quiet, was taken from the song Beautiful by Snoop Dogg ft. Pharrel. Listen to the following, and forward it to 3:53, and you be the judge. Notice the melody in question, "Oh I, oh I, oh I, oh I" is sang 4 times in Snoop's song, and in Major Minus it is played 4 times on Johnny's guitar, and then played another 4 times right before Johnny's big, awesome solo.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Well at the end of that song, "Oh I, Oh I, Oh I, Oh" I is actually repeated several times. I just suggested to forward to the part where the music stopped, so that there was only voices to hear the notes they were singing better. That song was also one of the most popular songs released at that particular time. The first time I heard Major Minus, Immediately thought of the song in the video.

What is there to disagree with? The melodies are identical. That's a fact. You'd have to be deaf not to hear it. As I already said, the only difference is in Snoop's song it was sang, and in Major Minus, it's played on guitar. As well as the fact that it's played much slower in Major Minus, with a couple added notes in between the main melody.

Has anyone actually checked the book that comes with the album to see if they named any sample songs? That vocal melody from the once very popular song "beautiful" is quite a memorable line from the song, so much so that as I already stated, I immediately thought of that song when I first heard it. I kept trying to figure out where I had heard that melody before. This can't be simply shoved off as a mere coincidence.

I should also mention that the music video version of the song posted above earlier, is altered, and different from the original audio recording. The melody is sang 4 times in the original recording of the song. Hear the original audio recording below and start at 3:53. In Major Minus, the melody is repeated 4 times, then 4 times more before Johnny's awesome solo starts. Many times the ending of songs are very memorable. As I already stated, for myself being a big fan of that song when it was released, I remember very well the ending melody, because for me (I'm pretty sure for many others as well) it was one of my favorite parts of the song.[ame=

]
[/ame]

No. Stop searching fool things like this. It's not even similar. Listen to Mylo Xyloto and the end.

I didn't search anything, as I said, when I first heard the song, I knew the melody was one I'd heard before. The end of Mylo Xyloto has nothing to do with the guitar riff found in Major Minus. You must also be deaf if you cannot hear the melody and the notes which are identical. The only difference being that in Major minus it is played much slower, and at a higher pitch.

It is indeed the same in other pitch and tempo, but I didn't recognize it at all, even after hearing both again. Maybe I don't like Snoop Dog enough. :lol:

Could be. Because I noticed it right off when I heard Major Minus. I was a big fan of the song when it was released. So I remembered that melody quite well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...