✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[22-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX, USA

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For whoever gets there early for an opportunity to meet the band as they arrive at the arena be sure to share with us ASAP. I am going tomorrow and plan on getting their early but I am curious to their arrival time. We have been calling 4PM the average time so far that they arrive. I hope everyone has a blast tonight!

So here's my prediction, since on the seating chart they have on the American Airlines Center website, they display section 301 as unavailable. Could that possibly be because that's where the band will be performing their acoustics?

301 is WAAAY up there

Oh btw guys, I was just reading some of the reviews from earlier dates. One person said that (for a similar show that had a 7:00pm opening, 9:00pm CP) they said they showed up 15 minutes before Coldplay took the stage and didn't get a Xyloband. How early do you have to show up since I was planning on skipping the opening.

Also, what is AAC's policy on bridge cameras? I have a Powershot SX30 IS I'd like to take (It has a 35x zoom, but no interchangeable lens, it's not an SLR)

This is the email they sent out today:

Camera Policy

General use cameras are allowed for this event. Professional cameras are not allowed.* No audio, or video recording devices allowed.

*Cameras with lenses that are 3 or more inches in length are NOT allowed

Me and my friend went last night to drive around the American airlines center and we saw all the trucks for the stage and equipment and the tour buses for the road crew. We also hung around the hotel we speculate they are staying at, but we didn't see them. :( I will post pictures of the buses and stuff soon!

At the first round of the Viva tour they had lunch at Midevil Times in Dallas the day of the concert.

I remember this! Lol! The thought of them going to medieval times makes me want to lmfao! It's a dinner and show place where you watch knights compete and you have to eat with your hands.

So far west! TX is soooo far east. From Cali that is. :lol:

We are quite firmly in the center, at least geographically. Dallas is just slightly closer to NYC than it is to San Francisco. Timezone wise, we do tilt east.

Welcome all!

If anyone is looking for a few cold beers with an emphasis on local Texas beer (not Lone Star), Katy Trail Ice house is 1 mile from the AAC, all of it on a popular hike and bike trail. The Katy Trail originates right outside the north west corner of AAC (the trail heading up the hill). The food is just okay, but the beer list is great. The Common Table (more great beer) and Company Cafe (great breakfast/brunch) are other good destinations in the area near to the stadium.

Let's bring some excitement to the thread

essica Alexander ‏@jessicalynn378

Dallas bound with @GoGoGarrett! I can hardly contain my excitement, @coldplay tonight!!

Brandon Wright ‏@BobbyyRayy

"@Hales_55: Finally on our way to Dallas to see Coldplay! <3"lucky!

Mâté O'Luciano ‏@mateoluciano

Thanks @Wolfgang for a quaint Dallas show. Rock the AAC tonight with Coldplay. http://pic.twitter.com/pAjxljig

AwBOgLfCMAAYJrX.jpg