✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[22-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX, USA

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey now... I did invite you and you were the first person I asked :) You'll be seeing them soon enough!

I know you did and if I didn't have that darn volleyball tournament for my daughter, I so would have been there...you are going to have such a great time!

There doesn't seem to be too much excitement for this show!! Maybe not many coldpayers live in the Dallas area?

I'm trying to decide whether to go to this show or in Atlanta in July... Tough decision!

We Texans (at least Dallas-ites) are kind of a weird bunch when it comes to live events. You may not see much excitement before the event, but once it is happening, we can unleash a ton of wild energy!! These shows in Dallas will be amazing live, and the energy will be unstoppable, I promise!!! Not sure which venue you decided to attend, but you won't be disappointed if you chose TX!!

Anyone have a idea of when they go to the arena for soundcheck? I actually will be going to the second show on Saturday.

Well, I spoke to the opening band after one of San Jose shows in April and they said that if they do a soundcheck, they get there around 4. They don't always do a soundcheck though.

Well, I spoke to the opening band after one of San Jose shows in April and they said that if they do a soundcheck, they get there around 4. They don't always do a soundcheck though.

I see. It is possible that they may not do it on the second day then... I may go early just in case to see what happens.

Thanks for the information!

Hey guys, I've never been to a concert in my life... I REALLY love Coldplay, they're my favorite band and I really want to go see them next week! I'm really worried about the noise. I have autism but through earplugs I can easily tolerate, say, the races at TX Motor Speedway. Does anybody have anything to compare to the noise from a concert in the AAC?

Another question. In trying to find seats how is sitting behind/to the side of the stage? Do they ever turn around?

I really can't wait :D

This will be my 3rd concert to see Coldplay inside the AAC. It is definitely loud. It may be a good idea to get in ear plugs and not push them in all the way so you can still experience all the sounds of the music but at the same time regulate how much is coming into the ear. If you push them too far in then you would end up eliminating most of the high frequency sounds. My father went to the first concert I attended once and he said he wont do it again because it was so loud. I believe if you come with ear buds you will be able to enjoy it just as everyone else.

As far as ear plugs go, there is a website that I think is called earplugs.com or earplugssuperstore or something, and they actually sell earplugs designed for concerts. They cost less than $4 a pair. They are clear, and they just lower the amount of decibals that come through. I usually wear them when I go to back to back concerts. I can hear everything perfectly through them, and the best part is I don't have the ringing in my ears going to sleep that night or the next day....

As far as ear plugs go, there is a website that I think is called earplugs.com or earplugssuperstore or something, and they actually sell earplugs designed for concerts. They cost less than $4 a pair. They are clear, and they just lower the amount of decibals that come through. I usually wear them when I go to back to back concerts. I can hear everything perfectly through them, and the best part is I don't have the ringing in my ears going to sleep that night or the next day....

I wish I had known about these sooner...I hate the sponge ones! I need to look into these. Thanks for posting!