✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[22-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX, USA

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe in the other Dallas thread someone said they arrive for sound check around 4PM.

Say what??? What "other" Dallas thread is there? Who did that? How confusing...I thought this was the Dallas thread.

I need a link please...and thanks for the time! I really really don't want to be burning up too long under this Texas heat.

Say what??? What "other" Dallas thread is there? Who did that? How confusing...I thought this was the Dallas thread.

I need a link please...and thanks for the time! I really really don't want to be burning up too long under this Texas heat.

The other thread is for the Saturday concert.

There are two concerts in Dallas, on 22 and 23 June. So that means two threads : )

This is the thread for 23 June: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91182

Thanks y'all...I figured it out right after I posted it...I know...silly me!

I knew there were 2 shows but I just forgot...probably because I'm only going to Friday's show.

OK...wow...4pm...hottest time of the day...hopefully I won't be out there too long!

Not that it matters that much

But the flight was BA193 the daily nonstop on a 747 as indicated in the Oxfam pic.

I had the luck of catching them at the London Jun 4th show.

Make sure to pick your favorite color xyloband on the way in! Great effect!

I don't think I will be able to meet up Friday night but I can definitely meet up Saturday. Since I won that RED auction, I have seats in one of first 3 rows(but won't know exactly where until I pick up my tickets) then Saturday night i am in section 121, row E - going to that show alone.

Everyone that is interested in meeting up, let's message eachother our numbers. I really enjoy meeting fellow coldplayers, they are the best people in the world :D

Sorry if I helped drive up your price, but hey it's for Red! Congrats and Enjoy!

Friday section 107, row E

Saturday on the floor in section 15, row c

If you are planning to go down there just be aware they will most likely drive right past you down into the truck bay and you won't see them at all because they drive all the way into the building. Jonny can't be out in this heat. :angry:

me too :dance: but stupid timezones :bomb: i'll probably sleep very deeply during the concert... :lol:

I'd forgotten this show will be three timezones away from me. I loved the European gigs. Could listen/follow the threads before my own gigs.

Hurry up and get your bums to the Eastern time zone, boys!

Coldplay brings us grandeur, wistfulness — and wristbands — to pair of American Airlines Center concerts

Coldplay likes the grandeur. Frontman Chris Martin is, after all, a piano-playing, drama-spewing wonder on the stage. The multi-million-selling British group’s sound is sweeping, enthralling and frequently wistful. So it’s no surprise that the band is giving away lighted wristbands to everybody that attends the shows on the current tour. Coldplay’s California-based publicist Ambrosia Healy has assured me that fans at both Dallas shows Friday and Saturday at American Airlines Center will get a wristband, as they are a “very special part of the band’s Mylo Xyloto tour,” she said.

But those wristbands have apparently become a costly tour perk for Coldplay. Martin has already admitted that most of the profits of the trek are going into manufacturing the wristbands, which he calls a “crucial part of the concert.” They are distributing upwards of 15,000 wristbands before each performance. And by the way, Martin will tell fans when those wristbands will be prominently used during the show.

So are you going to either of the two Coldplay concerts? If so, here’s what you need to know: There are two opening acts, Wolfgang at 7 p.m., and Robyn at 7:45 p.m. Coldplay takes the stage at 9 p.m. Tickets are $62.39-$124.40 via Ticketmaster. On the way to venue pop in your copy of Mylo Xyloto and bask in the hits “Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall,” “Paradise” and “Princess of China,” which features Rihanna on guest vocals. It’ll be the perfect soundtrack.

link

Oh btw guys, I was just reading some of the reviews from earlier dates. One person said that (for a similar show that had a 7:00pm opening, 9:00pm CP) they said they showed up 15 minutes before Coldplay took the stage and didn't get a Xyloband. How early do you have to show up since I was planning on skipping the opening.

Also, what is AAC's policy on bridge cameras? I have a Powershot SX30 IS I'd like to take (It has a 35x zoom, but no interchangeable lens, it's not an SLR)

Also, what is AAC's policy on bridge cameras? I have a Powershot SX30 IS I'd like to take (It has a 35x zoom, but no interchangeable lens, it's not an SLR)

I've attended a few concerts there over time, and never had a problem bringing in a point-and-shoot digital camera. They made us empty our pockets for security checks, but never took our cameras. Unless that has changed recently, you should be okay. I have a camera I'm taking too. Hope to record the second night in Dallas on audio.

Oh btw guys, I was just reading some of the reviews from earlier dates. One person said that (for a similar show that had a 7:00pm opening, 9:00pm CP) they said they showed up 15 minutes before Coldplay took the stage and didn't get a Xyloband. How early do you have to show up since I was planning on skipping the opening.

This is true... They ran out in San Jose like 15 minutes before they took the stage. I would probably get there by 8-8:15 to make sure you get one. They take the stage at 9

I'd forgotten this show will be three timezones away from me. I loved the European gigs. Could listen/follow the threads before my own gigs.

Hurry up and get your bums to the Eastern time zone, boys!

I think it's actually only 1 hr behind Eastern time which isn't bad. TX is so far west that most people instinctively think it's on Mountain or Pacific time. :)