✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[22-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX, USA

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Dallas fans!

My name is James and I'm a Team Leader for one of the Oxfam volunteer groups. We are in desperate need for more volunteers for the June 26 show in Houston! This second Houston show is nearly sold out which means there will be over 17,000 people at the show!

But this is where you come in! Right now we have 8 of us, including myself, and we are looking for about 10 or so more volunteers. Coldplay has had Oxfam on their tour for years, promoting projects that promote social justice and poverty issues. These volunteers canvas the crowd in efforts to raise awareness! Please message me on here if you are interested. We'd love to have our Dallas friends with us that night at the show!

Thanks from Houston!

James

There are not any "cool" bars. Mostly the sports bar types. One meet up spot my be @ Gators, not great food, but they may have their shuttle running for the show. It's in the West End area. Or the West End Pub.

I'M GOING!! I won the RED auction for 2 tickets in the first 3 rows. Thing is that I haven't been able to find someone that can go so I have a ticket available. I obviously won't ask for half of what I paid but if you don't have a ticket yet and are interested in going, please message me and we can work something out.

I am jealous! I already bought tickets -- but maybe we can work something out? ;)

I cannot believe this is the next concert, already. Wow.

There are a few restaurants / pubs located around the A.A. Center (and a few right on the walk-up strip). We'll be staying at a hotel about 5 miles away on I-30. If anyone has any ideas about meeting up, let's post them here. :)

May I suggest the House Of Blues? The food is pretty good and it's only a block or so away from the AAC.

I'm going on the 23rd and got seats behind the stage because that's all I could afford. Does anyone know what it's like from behind and if we'll even get a chance to see the band on the screen or if they come around back?

FYI, there is a runway that curves around the back of the stage behind Will and at the Seattle show, both Chris and Jonny were running up there all the time waving at the people behind the stage. Also the screens are double-sided. Overall, i don't think it will be too bad since you'll be close to the stage and you'll get the full effect of the xylobands. I mean, your view is basically what the boys see from the stage, so it's not a bad perspective really.

There are a few restaurants / pubs located around the A.A. Center (and a few right on the walk-up strip). We'll be staying at a hotel about 5 miles away on I-30. If anyone has any ideas about meeting up, let's post them here. :)

Do you recommend me any cheap hotel (less than $100 the night) located near the American Airlines Center?

Thanks!

Hello everybody! My tour starts here!

Anybody knows in which hotel the boys will be staying?

Can't really wait for it! Please let me know if there is going to be a Coldplaying get together!

Well, my guess is the Four Seasons...that's where they stayed the last time. But that's no where near downtown Dallas or the AAC...not real easy to get to if you don't have a car. It's at least 12 miles from downtown, but much closer to DFW airport. My guess would be to catch them at the arena as they arrive in for soundcheck. Never heard of fans meeting them at their hotel...not sure if Coldplay does that sort of thing.

Do you recommend me any cheap hotel (less than $100 the night) located near the American Airlines Center?

Thanks!

Pffffft! Good luck!

I think the closest for under $100, that I know of would be the Radison on Central Expressway (HWY 75)...it's very close to the DART rail system.

OR...I think there's a La Quinta not too far up on Interstate 35...northwest of the AAC...can't remember the street though....just go to La Quinta's website.

OR...your best bet would be to go to hotels.com (or something like that)...search for hotels near the American Airlines Center and look at your prices from there...the further you get away from the AAC of course the prices will start dropping.

Pffffft! Good luck!

I think the closest for under $100, that I know of would be the Radison on Central Expressway (HWY 75)...it's very close to the DART rail system.

OR...I think there's a La Quinta not too far up on Interstate 35...northwest of the AAC...can't remember the street though....just go to La Quinta's website.

OR...your best bet would be to go to hotels.com (or something like that)...search for hotels near the American Airlines Center and look at your prices from there...the further you get away from the AAC of course the prices will start dropping.

Thank you so much!!!

We're staying at the La Quinta on I-30, about 5 or 6 miles from A.A. Arena. Had good luck with that one in the past for all kinds of events. Only about $60 a night and it's a good clean place with a free breakfast in the lobby each morning. It's a pretty basic place though, not a lot of frills or extras (no room service or anything like that), just good basic lodging. Keep that one in mind as well.

I was able to get 2 nights at the Sheraton for $160 total on hotwire.com, which is about a mile from the venue. Only drawback is that you don't know the name of the hotel until after you book it. I got lucky :D

I was able to get 2 nights at the Sheraton for $160 total on hotwire.com, which is about a mile from the venue. Only drawback is that you don't know the name of the hotel until after you book it. I got lucky :D

STOP! I wish I was going with you. :bomb: :bigcry:

It's ok, though. I have Florida in 2 weeks :)