✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[29-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ TD Garden, Boston, MA, USA

Jenjie

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really good pictures AyannaD !!

I just got back from the show, that was amazing !! I'm going to bed right so I'll give you more details later but just:

- Being behing the stage is not that bad, the view on the crowd is really impressive !! Actually we see what the guys are seeing from the stage and it's exciting !!

-At the end of the show they all saw my French flag saying "I crossed the Atlantic for you". Guy and Will looked surprised and Chris sent me a kiss with his hand, that was so sweet !!!!

-I met a Coldplaying girl at the end of the show and we waited outside but apparently they left in a bus. We're gonna try again tomorrow !

Some pictures:

973937P1170307.jpg

961278P1170120.jpg

356726P1170127.jpg

205701P1170270.jpg

343615P1170133.jpg

967483P1170138.jpg

286278P1170339.jpg

578054P1170228.jpg

447222P1170308.jpg

397059P1170204.jpg

676719P1170159.jpg

692814P1170258.jpg

And videos:

Charlie Brown:

Warning Sign :

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face:

Going back to the TD Garden tomorrow, who is going back too ?

wow that was some pretty good seats for being behind the stage you got some great pictures there. i was prob like 30 feet away from them when they moved to the back of the stage for their encore. such an amazing show as always. ill be in the Garden area tomorrow but no ticket :P dont know if i really want to wait around for the show to end for a chance sighting haha

I am in complete and utter shock right now. I can't believe I got to see Coldplay from the front row for the second time this month. I can't believe this happened to me. I just... I can't believe I got upgraded again. Words can't even describe how I feel.

I'm gonna post more tomorrow, but for now I just want to share two things:

- I made a poster that said "I'll always raise the flag", and held it up during the concert... I got a few acknowledgements from the band but the best was during the song from which the lyrics come, Every Teardrop is a Waterfall. Chris came over directly in front of me, and looked right at me, widened his eyes at the poster, saluted me and then sang a couple of lines of the song right to me. I was completely bowled over.

- The reverse side of the poster said "happy birthday Will" since it's his birthday on Tuesday. I held it up during the bows, and Chris came over, pointed at it and mouthed to me "great! Will's over there." Then he went over, grabbed Will and TURNED AROUND AND POINTED RIGHT AT ME. Will came over and said thank you to me and waved, then Guy came and gave me a thumbs up, and then Will came back over and said thank you AGAIN. I just lost it at that point!

If anyone has video of ETIAW/the bows, PLEASE let me know so I can see it all again :D

that was a great idea with the posters!

I am in complete and utter shock right now. I can't believe I got to see Coldplay from the front row for the second time this month. I can't believe this happened to me. I just... I can't believe I got upgraded again. Words can't even describe how I feel.

- I made a poster that said "I'll always raise the flag", and held it up during the concert... I got a few acknowledgements from the band but the best was during the song from which the lyrics come, Every Teardrop is a Waterfall. Chris came over directly in front of me, and looked right at me, widened his eyes at the poster, saluted me and then sang a couple of lines of the song right to me. I was completely bowled over.

- The reverse side of the poster said "happy birthday Will" since it's his birthday on Tuesday. I held it up during the bows, and Chris came over, pointed at it and mouthed to me "great! Will's over there." Then he went over, grabbed Will and TURNED AROUND AND POINTED RIGHT AT ME. Will came over and said thank you to me and waved, then Guy came and gave me a thumbs up, and then Will came back over and said thank you AGAIN. I just lost it at that point!

If anyone has video of ETIAW/the bows, PLEASE let me know so I can see it all again :D

that was a great idea with the posters!

Right at home in a big arena, Coldplay rocks the house at TD Garden

Coldplay was so clearly meant for arenas that it’s hard to imagine how it arrived there in the first place. After all, bands have to work their way up to regularly playing in front of tens of thousands of people, but right from the start, the British four-piece’s material seems to have always been writ too large for the more intimate venues available to a young group.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2012/07/30/coldplay_rocks_td_garden_during_sold_out_concert/

First stop ion their first N. American tour was in Foxboro, MA just outside Boston. A festival where everyone was waiting for acts like Greenday, The Cult, Maralyn Manson and Aerosmith. No one wanted to see four bed-wetters from the UK. They were so badly treated by that crowd. Now every time they play in Boston I give a cheer for those four unknown British lads who won over not only North America, but the world! So proud to have been in that crowd 11 years ago, and so proud that I was right about them all along.:D

K. Gush-fest over.:)

OHMYGOD that's incredible!!!Amazing!!!! :awesome:

It was an amazing show, their best show I've seen so far. I'm exited to see them again tonight. Where have you been sitting when the crew finds you and upgrades you to the front row?

Did anyone spot the band after or before the show by the way?

Kate Bosworth ‏@katebosworth

COLDPLAY #Boston http://pic.twitter.com/OGFQkSiQ

AzA4RLoCQAE5X9q.jpg

That was THE Kate Bosworth... here are some of her pics from yesterday with Arlene Moon!

Ready for take off @moonietunes @michael_polish http://say.ly/wEL3RHT

208567_melt.jpg

Postcards From Far Away @moonietunes @JasperPolish @michael_polish http://say.ly/yst3RMy

208640_melt.jpg

Michael Polish ‏@michael_polish

Mylo Xyloto @katebosworth @jasperpolish @moonietunes #Coldplay #Boston #Bean pic.twitter.com/hvCEy4ZS

AzAZDXVCUAAUEUz.jpg

Link

(Hard to believe they didn't have a single pic from the concert)

Coldplay rocks the house at TD Garden

USA_.jpg

Chris Martin and Guy Berryman of Coldplay in Los Angeles in February. Stage tricks the group offered Sunday night, including remote-activated flashing wristbands for the audience, didn’t detract from the music.

Coldplay was so clearly meant for arenas that it’s hard to imagine how it arrived there in the first place. After all, bands have to work their way up to regularly playing in front of tens of thousands of people, but right from the start, the British four-piece’s material seems to have always been writ too large for the more intimate venues available to a young group.

However it happened, places like the TD Garden are Coldplay’s home, and the band spent Sunday night’s sold-out concert — the first of a two-night stand — proving it. It ended with “Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall,” and every song was an anthem, whether it was the stately, ringing guitar notes of “In My Place,” the driving and antsy “Charlie Brown,” or the sad chug of “The Scientist.”

Coldplay also toyed with arena-scale stagecraft aimed at the crowd. The wristbands given to the audience upon entry all simultaneously popped with light and color at the starting notes of opener “Hurts Like Heaven,” and they flashed repeatedly throughout the night, activated by an unseen controller. When the confetti cannon went off during the next song, it appeared that Coldplay would exhaust its bag of tricks early. Then came the giant inflated balls two songs later.

But such stunts didn’t detract from (or worse, stand in for) Coldplay’s performance. Even with Chris Martin’s loose-limbed wanderings, the whole band gathered around Will Champion as he gave “God Put A Smile Upon Your Face” a long, tension-building drumroll. Perhaps more telling was “Major Minus”; with Jonny Buckland’s glass-shard guitar and Martin’s throaty shouts, the song made as strong a case as any for Coldplay as the next-generation U2. After more than a decade, they’ve earned it, even if they played the part from the beginning.

Emeli Sandé opened with heartfelt, anthemic pop like a soulful Supertramp. She was followed by Marina and The Diamonds, who were a more synthetic Florence + The Machine, whose singer looked like she grabbed five things from the “quirk” box and hastily threw them all on.

WOW This story is so awesome!!! What do you the people who upgrade your seats look like? Do they wear roadie gear?? Going Wednesday looking to see if I can get lucky like you

Uh-oh Chris, you did it again!

Source

Coldplay Cusses About Olympics After Messing Up a Song During Boston Concert [VIDEO]

On Sunday night, Coldplay took the stage at TD Garden, and according to fans, the show was quite memorable.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

But one event during the evening that seemed to stick out most in concert-goers’ memories was when lead singer Chris Martin jokingly dissed the Olympics during his on stage performance in Boston after messing up in the middle of a song.

“I was thinking about the Olympics…I was distracted,” he said, drawing an applause from the crowd during “Warning Sign.”

“I was not in a break-up frame of mind, and I should have been. I’m going to stop thinking about poll vaults, things like that…what’s more important is the best concert in the world is going on right now. F*** the Olympics, lets have a f****ing great time in Boston,” he said.

Later in the show, according to fans, Martin jokingly asked attendees not to tweet out his flub, since the band is scheduled to play at the closing ceremony of the 2012 London games.

But, of course, social media addicts could not resist sending out tweets about what the British rock star had said. Within moments, the social media stream was flooded with varying interpretations of what actually came out of Martin’s mouth.

Ring Communications ‏@RingComm

Will @Coldplay's "F*ck the Olympics" exclamation prove pr blunder or viral gold: http://ow.ly/cBzTd (story via @BosInno and @steveannear)

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

All you have to do is watch the video to know that Chris was joking around and his comment was far from serious.