✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-Aug-2012] Coldplay @ Izod Center, East Rutherford, NJ, USA

Jenjie

namerica.jpg

North American tour announced

8 December 2011 11:59 am

21 dates in America and Canada for 2012

news_line.png

Good morning. We are very pleased to announce that Coldplay will head to North America in 2012 for a string of shows in the USA and Canada.

Tickets go on general sale on Saturday, 17 December at 10am (local time) from 1-800-745-3000, Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com. Before that, you can use any American Express card to purchase advance tickets, from Monday, 12 December, at 10am (local time) until Friday, 16 December, at 10pm (local time). The advance AMEX tickets will be available from here for all shows except Portland (here) and Houston (here). NB: The tickets for the two LA Bowl shows will not go on sale until January 2012.

Here is the full list of shows announced so far:

APRIL

17 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place

18 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome

20 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena

24 Portland, OR Rose Garden Arena

25 Seattle, WA KeyArena

27 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion At San Jose

MAY

1 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl (On sale 9 Jan)

2 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl (On sale 9 Jan)

JUNE

22 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center

25 Houston, TX Toyota Center

28 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum

29 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena

JULY

2 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena

5 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center

8 Washington, DC Verizon Center

23 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre

26 Montreal, QC Bell Centre

29 Boston, MA TD Garden

AUGUST

3 East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center

7 Chicago, IL United Center (On sale 19 Dec)

11 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center

Anchorman

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait, I saw them in 2008 at the iZOD center and it was great. Last time they had two shows, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same. Especially since a New York show hasn't been announced yet.

I'm very excited! :D But we have to wait all the way until August to see them... 8 months away...

10333712-large.jpg

Chris Martin assures Jonny Buckland that there'll be more guitar on the next Coldplay album. Just kidding, they're performing together in Oslo.

Coldplay coming to the Izod Center in 2012

The world's friendliest band will be shaking hands with the Garden State this summer.

British pop-rockers Coldplay, who'd been scheduled to headline the scrapped TaKLIBERTY festival at PNC Bank Arts Center, will be coming to the Izod Center on August 3, 2012. They'll be touring in support of "Mylo Xyloto," their fifth album and the glossiest entry in a discography already full of shiny, endearing, radio-ready music. New hits "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall," "Paradise," "Charlie Brown," and "Princess of China" are sure to join "Yellow," "Viva La Vida," and the inescapable "Clocks" on a setlist that promises non-stop undemanding pleasure.

At least on paper, "Mylo Xyloto" is Chris Martin's attempt to write a Big Statement album worthy of standing next to sets by his heroes U2, Radiohead, and Arcade Fire. Martin claims that "Mylo" was inspired by the White Rose resistance to the Nazi regime, and maybe about contemporary populist movements like Occupy Wall Street, too. None of that is remotely recoverable from an examination of the album's lyrics, however, so we'll have to take his word for it while we're singing along to his repetitive -- but oh so infectious -- pop choruses. With its heavy layers of synthesizers and dance beats, "Mylo Xyloto" shares more with Kanye West's songwriting than it does with Thom Yorke's, and honestly, that works just fine.

Tickets go onsale to the general public Saturday, Dec. 17 at 10 a.m. through Ticketmaster.

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2011/12/coldplay_coming_to_the_izod_ce.html

British pop-rockers Coldplay' date=' [b']who'd been scheduled to headline the scrapped TaKLIBERTY festival at PNC Bank Arts Cente[/b]r, will be coming to the Izod Center on August 3, 2012. They'll be touring in support of "Mylo Xyloto," their fifth album and the glossiest entry in a discography already full of shiny, endearing, radio-ready music. New hits "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall," "Paradise," "Charlie Brown," and "Princess of China" are sure to join "Yellow," "Viva La Vida," and the inescapable "Clocks" on a setlist that promises non-stop undemanding pleasure.

Still makes me RAGE. >:l

Anyways is there any reason that this show is not listed on Ticketmaster?

edit: Billy I'll just answer you here so we don't spam the other thread with our NJ talk, I believe the Izod Center is the ice hockey/basketball arena that was replaced by the Prudential Center in Newark.

Thanks a lot for the info! Yeah, it would be so awesome! I hope ticketmaster puts up the concert soon! Also, for some reason when I clicked on the Izod Center page, when I clicked on the close sections, the prices were $500 and up, which is really confusing. I thought that only happened after the tix were bought and resold for a large profit, which can't be because they haven't gone on sale yet.