✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[6-Sep-2012] Coldplay @ Malieveld, The Hague, Netherlands

Mabru

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was an item in PowNews a few minutes ago about the Occupy guys who are refusing to leave the Malieveld, even with the current weather.

I hope they will be gone in september. If not, I'll camp for myself on the field in front of the entrance gates :D

There was an item in PowNews a few minutes ago about the Occupy guys who are refusing to leave the Malieveld, even with the current weather.

I hope they will be gone in september. If not, I'll camp for myself on the field in front of the entrance gates :D

Haha I had the same idea when I saw it, I told a friend of mine today that they'd better be gone in september!:P

Hey people, I need your help with something.

It´s now almost 2 months that I´m doubting if I should get tickets for The Hague.

I´ve been to Ahoy in December and that was my first time Coldplay live. After that day, I´ve become a massive fan of the boys and haven´t realy listened to anything else than coldplay. (besides regular radio during worktime and my heart jumping up when I hear the first tunes of a Coldplay song).

Now, Ahow was great, awesome, amazing, fantastic, epic and just freaking super great! With all the lights and the xylobands and stuff.

Malieveld will be mid-summer (little after) and probably still light aroung 8 o'clock. So any lightshow, lasers or xylobands won't have the same effect as in Ahoy. And they will be playing the same songs I think, DLIBYH, UWTB and stuff are not realy stage-songs right?

I just can't get over these issues myself, so I thought to ask some help.

What do you think, should I go or not?

I sure hope they'll be playing different songs then the ones they played at the Ahoy. Well, maybe not different, but added songs are fine with me as well. I believe the boys already soundchecked DLIBYH and LIJ, so I'm hoping for the best.

I doubt the malieveld gig will be better then the Ahoy one. It was my 5th time of seeing them, but the band, the crowd.. Everything seemed perfect =)

Still I do have a ticket for the upcomming gig. Theyre just awesome live and I really really really hope the setlist will be different ;)

I have big hopes that they will play other songs, and I really think they will. DLIBYH would be great as opener/encore/closer so I think you shouldn't worry about the same songs. Only worry about the probably boring audience.

A friend of mine just bought tickets for himself, me and another friend. Excited! The only thing that worries me is the setlist..

Me to, because of the setlist I will wait till the first MX tour concert. If the setlist has more songs then the Ahoy setlist, than I will buy tickets for the Malieveld. Hopefully I am not to late then.

heeyyyy @Coldplay Respect! That's exactly my story only i didn't doubt and immediately (and in slight panic about it being sold out, which it still isn't) bought tickets for malieveld the morning after the concert in Ahoy. Huuuuuuuge fan since 17th of december and i don't listen anything else (only the bands they recommend on twitter/facebook, haha).

but... i think you should go.. you've only seen one concert which was amazing and maybe this'll be a little less amazing, it's still coldplay performing live, a few meters away from you. So it's cool:)

Now.. i have a question. I know it's like only 200 days away (haha) but at what time will you guys be going to the concert? I really want to stand in the frontline.. On the 17th of december we were in line at 15:00... What time will i have to be there this time? (And don't give me the wrong advise so i'll be there super late and all of you guys are in the front:P)

And whyyyy are we talking english in this mostly dutch topic? My english is not that good:(

heeyyyy @Coldplay Respect! That's exactly my story only i didn't doubt and immediately (and in slight panic about it being sold out, which it still isn't) bought tickets for malieveld the morning after the concert in Ahoy. Huuuuuuuge fan since 17th of december and i don't listen anything else (only the bands they recommend on twitter/facebook, haha).

but... i think you should go.. you've only seen one concert which was amazing and maybe this'll be a little less amazing, it's still coldplay performing live, a few meters away from you. So it's cool:)

Now.. i have a question. I know it's like only 200 days away (haha) but at what time will you guys be going to the concert? I really want to stand in the frontline.. On the 17th of december we were in line at 15:00... What time will i have to be there this time? (And don't give me the wrong advise so i'll be there super late and all of you guys are in the front:P)

And whyyyy are we talking english in this mostly dutch topic? My english is not that good:(

First of all, your English is fine and we're talking in English because non-Dutch people might want to read this too (and having to use Google translate sucks). You can find the Dutch/Belgian thread here.

It's different at every venue. In London we started queuing at 6.15 AM and we were the first ones (other people soon joined the queue), I arrived at Ahoy around 10.15 AM and was sixth in line. One of my friends started queuing around 3 PM and she was standing right behind me during the concert (ok, I kinda saved her a spot but still).

I think The Malieveld gig is more comparable with the one in the Goffertpark in 2009. Back then we arrived at 1 PM while the gates opened at 3 PM (show started 9 PM or so). As you can see on my avatar we stood front row ;)

Well Hi LeonieArienne, we pretty much share the same story! I´ve become pretty obsessed with Coldplay after dec. 17th. Spent my week off after chrismtas reading through the forum, listening and watching CP and forgot to have breakfast and lunch and stuff... :thinking:

So, yes. I guess I should go. But now another thing came to my mind. I´d love to visit london for a week and wait outside the Bakery for a day to see if I can meet some people. And now I thought to maybe go see them in their homecountry... Just need to figure out some stuff about that. *my mind goes nuts by just the idea of being in the same city as the boys...*