✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[24-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Canada

Tash

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MX/Hurts Like Heaven:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA51UxpA_hc]Coldplay Toronto 2012 Hurts Like Heaven - YouTube[/ame]

MX/HLH/In My Place:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKfouI1oNQ8]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Yellow (beginning missing)/Violet Hill:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3FCESYkysE]Coldplay July 24 2012 Toronto AIr Canada Centre Yellow and Violet Hill.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

Trouble:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HBhS0xTF0U]Coldplay - Trouble Live - YouTube[/ame]

Charlie Brown:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW4XrTGWOMs]Cold Play Toronto 2012.MOV - YouTube[/ame]

Paradise:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwnjiFIRlZA]Coldplay paradise - YouTube[/ame]

Us Against the World (potentially from last night, no actual date in description):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKooZA4mMaU]Coldplay Us Against The World Toronto 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Speed of Sound (potentially from last night, no actual date in description):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAbR6EL-9q8]Coldplay @Toronto 2012 Speed of Sound Live - YouTube[/ame]

Fix You:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQobG5OwOmk]Fix You - Coldplay - YouTube[/ame]

ETIAW:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIlTDVYnbQQ]Every Teardrop is a Waterfall - COLDPLAY LIVE in Toronto - YouTube[/ame]

That's all youtube has to offer at the moment from last night. I will check back in a few hours to see if the missing ones can be added.

You had to be there. You did. Pictures and videos just don’t do it justice. Artists that can actually belt it out as well, or in this case better, than the studio versions is a rarity in today’s music scene. There have been a handful of concerts that have left chills running down my spine (Incubus, Mumford & Sons, and Regina Spektor to name a few) and after tonight, Coldplay has definitely earned a top spot on that list. With everybody in the audience supplied with flashing wristbands that synchronized with the music, an amazing light show, and an almost perfect setlist, I can easily say it was one of the best concerts I’ve ever been to. There were so many moments where you really, seriously, just had to be there – like when the crowd serenaded Chris Martin with “oh ooh, ooh ooh ooh ooh”s as he lay centre stage at the end of The Scientist. There was the perfect balance between older songs, like Yellow (which they dedicated to the victims in the Colorado shooting), Clocks, The Scientist, and Fix You with songs from their fifth studio album, Mylo Xyloto. Plus, you know… Chris Martin is hot.

[thanks Alex] http://www.urbanebloc.com/coldplay-concert-review/

A couple I took last nifght..

Yellow:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmmnui2ixEQ]Coldplay - Yellow, Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON 7/24/12 - YouTube[/ame]

Viva La Vida (partial)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZQCp_lZvp4]Coldplay - Viva La Vida (partial), Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON 7/24/12 - YouTube[/ame]

Wow, I'm overwhelmed by the beauty, all these videos are amazing, only makes me all the more excited to see them live next Wednesday, I feel so honored to able to see them live after waiting almost five years to see them.

Seriously, this is what music was meant to be, none of that drugs, violence, sex, rape, smoking, profanity, bar drinking, getting drunk crap music that's put there today, I really don't understand how that is getting more attention.

Thank you all the videos :)

Long Live Life <3

Safe home back in the States after the trip to Toronto. Both shows were epic. The crowd around me on the 24th wasn't as into it as the one on the 23rd - one woman in front of me sat fanning herself with her VIP pass almost the whole time (I think if you're in the first ten rows and sit down, you should forfeit your ticket to a Coldplayer) and when I stood up to dance to "99 Problems" people looked at me like I was crazy.

But the show was so wonderful and I am so proud of the boys. They all give it 110%! And both nights I teared up during DLIBYH - the segue out of a song like "Trouble" just somehow grabs my heart. Chris ran up and down the ramp and across the stage giving little bows before joining the others for the big bow at the end - and the look on his face made me think he really means it, really appreciates the fans.

As the crowd filtered out I noticed a stagehand picking up Guy's yellow guitar picks - edged my way up and asked one of the guards if I could have one. "They're not giving anything out," he told me. I smiled, edged my way further over, and asked another guard. He reached up and got two from the stagehand, gave one to a girl next to me and one to me!

So in addition to a lot of lovely memories - including meeting Alexis16 and TracieMorgan - I have a wonderful souvenir.

Can't wait for Detroit next Wednesday!

Ayp25WGCQAESA4E.jpg:large

I still wish they had replaced UIF instead of Warning Sign. I usually don't complain about the list...and I LOVE trouble. But I'd been looking forward to WS live for months. It was one that I suggested back when Phil asked for tweets.

Yes, I'm talking about the little piano outside. THey're all around the city. http://www.streetpianos.ca. Great idea!:D

I had to stop and get rid of my coffee and bag of chips (unopened), so that's why we lost sight of each other. Then I went for a smoke and ran into Barb and Alan. Sorry I didn't stick around to say goodbye, but I didn't want to miss my buss! So great meeting other fans.:D

EDIT: WHY is the forum randomly quoting posts. I didn't quote the panoramic,lol. Depending on when it was taken though, I'm probably visible even though I'm at the far side since I was the only crazy fan on her feet for a lot of the show.

So I've been lurking the website for a couple years so I figured I should make an account considering last night was my first ever Coldplay show! My friend and I had floor level seats row 31 and we arrived just after 6:00.

Hearing from you guys on the site I knew all about the upgrades so in the back of my mind I was always kind of hoping for one even though my friend and I didn't really need it. So once we got a look at where are seats were we started wandering the concourse and eventually made it up to the upper concourse for a look. Somebody bumped into us.

"Nice t-shirts guys, are you big Coldplay fans?" Once we heard this my buddy and I knew exactly what this meant, it was one of the roadies! She asked us where our seats were and if we'd like an upgrade to the first row right beside the cat walk. When we told her she said they're not supposed to give upgrades to people with good tickets already, but if we could answer all of her questions correctly she'd give us the tickets anyways. After answering all of her questions correctly it was on to my last question, "What's your favourite Coldplay song, what album is it on and what track number is it?" I said Fix You, X&Y, but I totally blanked for the track number but thankfully after about a minute my buddy came to my rescue and yelled "Track 4!" How could I forget?

The roadie took our old tickets and said she'd give them to someone else as an upgrade.

When we went to check our new seats out we couldn't believe our view, we would almost be able to touch Guy and Chris! The opening acts started and I must say Emile was fantastic, but I wasn't as big of a fan of Marina, though they both did a great job!

Just after 9:00 99 problems came on, then Back to the Future and I knew we'd be in for a treat! When the band finally emerged from the smoke I couldn't believe I was actually seeing them! We went crazy the entire night and met some great people up there with us! Chris sounded fantastic and he even asked my friend and I if we were ok from underneath his keyboard during Viva! Trouble was also a wonderful surprise!

I'm kind of disappointed I didn't bring a camera because I could've taken some great shots, but at least this way I got to enjoy the entire show! Probably the best night of my life!!

Hey Guys I am from Montreal an I am going to go see them tomorrow so I was just wondering how much the t-shirts and hoodie costed over there since we will probably have the same prices and I was really curious! Thanks :D

So I've been lurking the website for a couple years so I figured I should make an account considering last night was my first ever Coldplay show! My friend and I had floor level seats row 31 and we arrived just after 6:00.

Hearing from you guys on the site I knew all about the upgrades so in the back of my mind I was always kind of hoping for one even though my friend and I didn't really need it. So once we got a look at where are seats were we started wandering the concourse and eventually made it up to the upper concourse for a look. Somebody bumped into us.

"Nice t-shirts guys, are you big Coldplay fans?" Once we heard this my buddy and I knew exactly what this meant, it was one of the roadies! She asked us where our seats were and if we'd like an upgrade to the first row right beside the cat walk. When we told her she said they're not supposed to give upgrades to people with good tickets already, but if we could answer all of her questions correctly she'd give us the tickets anyways. After answering all of her questions correctly it was on to my last question, "What's your favourite Coldplay song, what album is it on and what track number is it?" I said Fix You, X&Y, but I totally blanked for the track number but thankfully after about a minute my buddy came to my rescue and yelled "Track 4!" How could I forget?

The roadie took our old tickets and said she'd give them to someone else as an upgrade.

When we went to check our new seats out we couldn't believe our view, we would almost be able to touch Guy and Chris! The opening acts started and I must say Emile was fantastic, but I wasn't as big of a fan of Marina, though they both did a great job!

Just after 9:00 99 problems came on, then Back to the Future and I knew we'd be in for a treat! When the band finally emerged from the smoke I couldn't believe I was actually seeing them! We went crazy the entire night and met some great people up there with us! Chris sounded fantastic and he even asked my friend and I if we were ok from underneath his keyboard during Viva! Trouble was also a wonderful surprise!

I'm kind of disappointed I didn't bring a camera because I could've taken some great shots, but at least this way I got to enjoy the entire show! Probably the best night of my life!!

Could it be your moment at around 0:18 in this Viva video? I was wondering who he was talking to from underneath the keyboard.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZQCp_lZvp4]Coldplay - Viva La Vida (partial), Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON 7/24/12 - YouTube[/ame]

Safe home back in the States after the trip to Toronto. Both shows were epic. The crowd around me on the 24th wasn't as into it as the one on the 23rd - one woman in front of me sat fanning herself with her VIP pass almost the whole time (I think if you're in the first ten rows and sit down, you should forfeit your ticket to a Coldplayer) and when I stood up to dance to "99 Problems" people looked at me like I was crazy.

But the show was so wonderful and I am so proud of the boys. They all give it 110%! And both nights I teared up during DLIBYH - the segue out of a song like "Trouble" just somehow grabs my heart. Chris ran up and down the ramp and across the stage giving little bows before joining the others for the big bow at the end - and the look on his face made me think he really means it, really appreciates the fans.

As the crowd filtered out I noticed a stagehand picking up Guy's yellow guitar picks - edged my way up and asked one of the guards if I could have one. "They're not giving anything out," he told me. I smiled, edged my way further over, and asked another guard. He reached up and got two from the stagehand, gave one to a girl next to me and one to me!

So in addition to a lot of lovely memories - including meeting Alexis16 and TracieMorgan - I have a wonderful souvenir.

Can't wait for Detroit next Wednesday!

It was great meeting you! Kevin and i could see you perfectly from our seats rocking out to 99 problems.. I know I looked at Kevin and said hey llook at Jilll, good for her! :) ! Glad you got a pick! :) Hope we can meet up again sometime soon!

PS -- I watched Christmas lights and the making of videos, and I found ya! Haha, sooo cool.

I still wish they had replaced UIF instead of Warning Sign. I usually don't complain about the list...and I LOVE trouble. But I'd been looking forward to WS live for months. It was one that I suggested back when Phil asked for tweets.

Yes, I'm talking about the little piano outside. THey're all around the city. http://www.streetpianos.ca. Great idea!:D

I had to stop and get rid of my coffee and bag of chips (unopened), so that's why we lost sight of each other. Then I went for a smoke and ran into Barb and Alan. Sorry I didn't stick around to say goodbye, but I didn't want to miss my buss! So great meeting other fans.:D

EDIT: WHY is the forum randomly quoting posts. I didn't quote the panoramic,lol. Depending on when it was taken though, I'm probably visible even though I'm at the far side since I was the only crazy fan on her feet for a lot of the show.

It's okay, had we realized I would have said bye before we went in! Glad you enjoyed the show. We tried looking for you to see if we could find you in the crowd from across the way but it was so hard to see.

Ahh! I wish it never ended.

Welcome!!!!! It sounds like you had so much fun. Have fun at this forum :)

Could it be your moment at around 0:18 in this Viva video? I was wondering who he was talking to from underneath the keyboard.

Sorry for double post. AHHHHHH what a beautiful moment that is (0:18 in the video)!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it when he does that. Especially when he actually talks to someone. Perfection! <3

Oh my gosh that's the moment! Thanks so much for finding that! Looked right at my friend and I and we gave him the thumbs up when he asked us if we were ok!:D Great to relive it!!

Hey Guys I am from Montreal an I am going to go see them tomorrow so I was just wondering how much the t-shirts and hoodie costed over there since we will probably have the same prices and I was really curious! Thanks :D

There was a hoodie?? The tshirts were $40, $45. A hat that looked like the type Jonny wears is $30.