✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay are recording a new song - could it be this one???

coldpatrix

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While we're at it, can someone explain why Waving Flag was a hit and everyone was so wild about it? I don't remember anything good about that song. It either featured will.i.am. and David Guetta or was a sell-your-soul-to-the-evil-corporation Coca-Cola commercial song (both make my stomach turn).

Anyway, the song they rehearsed during the soundcheck Wednesday has been described by witnesses as having "a lot of energy" and "Chris seemed very excited about it". Could be good, but it makes me think about ETIAW, or Paradise (again, stomach turns).

On a positive note, by lowering their standards it becomes easier for them to surprise me in a positive way. Right? :shrug: Don't let me down Coldplay, I've got one eye watching you.

Chris said that he tries to write one song every day :)

The best songs come to him when he's not trying. :)

I've learned from the Howard Stern interview that they split money from royalties 20/20/20/40-Chris.

So he IS Coldplay. :surprised: He really does start all the songs and they finish them together.

PS Tryptophan are you a doctor/med student? :surprised: So many DR Coldplayers... :awesome:

Tryptophan[/url] are you a doctor/med student? :surprised: So many DR Coldplayers... :awesome:

Yes, I am a med student, how do you know? You're creeping me out. Are you a med too?

And by the way, do you mean that Chris receives most/all royalties for the songs they write? I don't understand. I thought they split everything.

Yes, I am a med student, how do you know? You're creeping me out. Are you a med too?

And by the way, do you mean that Chris receives most/all royalties for the songs they write? I don't understand. I thought they split everything.

Who the fuck besides us med students knows what tryptophan is? :D

Yes, I thought that also, but no, Chris gets 40% of the money. ;)

I think he was serious when he said that.

If so, they had 1095 songs to choose from..

.. And Princess of China and Up In Flames still made it :P

THIS.

I mean, if anything they could have swapped out PoC with . . . with Bloodless Revolution, even! It fits the album context in a Viva-ish way, and it's a thousand times better than PoC.

Although I kind of like Up In Flames :rolleyes:

^^and I totally disagree.

Even if I think that they scrapped some songs which were better than POC (the only song that I don't like from MX) they prefered to not include them on the album because they didn't fit or they were too similar to some other songs

Although I do kind of grind my teeth at another duet song...I actually listen to K'naan's guest songs like the Keane ones because i want to. Not because its just on the album (like POC).

I have faith that whatever Coldplay does with this new tune and with a possible EP that they will make a lot of fans very happy!

Just not everybody :\

And didn't the guys say that they would never release a Greatest Hits because they didn't want to make their fans pay for their songs twice? :thinking:

. . . besides the fact that it would be really hard to narrow all of Coldplay's hits down to 10 or so songs.

Yeah, but we all know EMI :dozey:

I like EP's....a good way to deliver good songs on an easier way to buy than B-sides. But Greatest Hits and Acoustic Live Albuns are for bands that have alredy delieverd theire best and don't know what to do anymore so prefer to live on the past. However, I would enjoy an Rare songs album, after they split up, of course.

(Bio)chemistry students. :nod:

By the way, whatever tryptophan is, I just think it sounds cool.

An amino acid. ftw? You really don't know that? :D

Well yeah, and pharmacists, dentists, etc.

What was the thread about? :inquisitive:

I DON'T want them to do a song with a rapper. :rolleyes:

An amino acid. ftw? You really don't know that. :D

Well yeah, and pharmacists, dentists, etc.

What was the thread about? :inquisitive:

I DON'T want them to do a song with a rapper. :rolleyes:

Yeah of course I knew that, but I meant it sounds cool, that's the primary reason I made it my username. Another reason is that its one-letter-code is the first letter of my name. :p

Oh, right, I thought it was one of the Car Kids spam threads. So, K'naan. Nah, they shouldn't collaborate with him. In Lost+, their collaboration with Jay-Z didn't add anything to the song.