✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay are recording a new song - could it be this one???

coldpatrix

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it with rumours like these, I decide: if this is true, I'll like them a lot less. But I never actually do like them any less. I just get disappointed and then I listen to Politik and then I don't give a shit anymore about whatever they do...

It's the curse of Coldplay.

But I hope this is not true.

What is "K'naan"? :thinking:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTJSt4wP2ME]K'NAAN - Wavin' Flag (Coca-Cola Celebration Mix) - YouTube[/ame]

I hate songs from commercials. :rolleyes: And Waka Waka.

Not seeing how Coldplay could work with him...

Interesting that it lists some of the ARoBttH songs that were cut, but none of the scrapped songs from Parachutes, X&Y, and Viva :thinking:

. . . Not even the songs that were scrapped very late in the process (a la Lukas and Famous Old Painters) :shrug:

The best songs come to him when he's not trying. :)

I've learned from the Howard Stern interview that they split money from royalties 20/20/20/40-Chris.

So he IS Coldplay. :surprised: He really does start all the songs and they finish them together.

PS Tryptophan are you a doctor/med student? :surprised: So many DR Coldplayers... :awesome:

This is absolutely not true. Chris and the Oracle have both confirmed many times that Chris splits the money evenly with the rest of the band despite the fact that he writes the majority of the songs.

^That's weird because I've listened twice to the Howard Stern show and Chris says that he gets 40. :thinking:

He says it's the first time he confessed that. And it is indeed the only interview I heard him say that. But usually the interviewer is like: "do you split equally ?" and he's like "yeah" (but becomes a bit uncomfortable, I've noticed on some footage). So maybe that's the first time he admitted that, and they usually don't mind to say they split equally. But that's weird anyway :thinking:

Exciting! I enjoyed Stop for a Minute, and even POC...so this new one can't disappoint if it's true. Coldplay-Jay-Z stuff > everything though. :lol:

^That's weird because I've listened twice to the Howard Stern show and Chris says that he gets 40. :thinking:

He says it's the first time he confessed that. And it is indeed the only interview I heard him say that. But usually the interviewer is like: "do you split equally ?" and he's like "yeah" (but becomes a bit uncomfortable, I've noticed on some footage). So maybe that's the first time he admitted that, and they usually don't mind to say they split equally. But that's weird anyway :thinking:

Indeed. Perhaps the "equal split" is a half-truth in that the other 3 members split the 60% that they get equally. In terms of band politics, everything is equal though (the Will veto). Idealistically, I'd've hoped for 4x25 split but the fact of the matter is that Chris starts most of the songs. Out of sheer quantity he kind of does "deserve" the larger amount of money. At this point though they seem rich enough that it shouldn't matter anyways. Whatever.

Maybe they equally split the money made from the finished music - royalties, shows, merchandizing - but Chris gets an extra 20% for being the song-starter and for handling the lion's share of the promotion. I get the impression that J and especially W & G are very happy to allow him to be the 'face of Coldplay' and handle the interviews. It's probably worth the money for them not to do that.