✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay are recording a new song - could it be this one???

coldpatrix

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they equally split the money made from the finished music - royalties, shows, merchandizing - but Chris gets an extra 20% for being the song-starter and for handling the lion's share of the promotion. I get the impression that J and especially W & G are very happy to allow him to be the 'face of Coldplay' and handle the interviews. It's probably worth the money for them not to do that.

That's what I think too :nod:

To be fair, it worked well when he collaborated with Keane!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlT9miMe1Ec]Keane Looking Back Subtitulado Español - YouTube[/ame]

I don't want Coldplay to become this.

Let's make no mistake, here; Keane haven't been for a long time/ever.

No, it didn't. Those two collaborations and the rest of Night Train EP were a train wreck, except for My Shadow.

Hopes and Fears > Under The Iron Sea > Perfect Symmetry > Night Train.

The problem with being guitarless rock, piano rock or whatever you want to call it, is that it's basically a gimmick, and it paints you in a corner that's quite difficult to break out of. That's what's happened to Keane; that a woeful fall from grace, songwriting-wise.

• 3 weeks later...
K’naan, the rapper who gave us “Wavin’ Flag” the anthem to the 2010 FIFA World Cup, is preparing to release an EP on January 24. The EP, titled More Beautiful Than Silence will have five songs on it and feature Nas and Nelly Furtado each on their own song. The EP is an excellent combination of pop and hip-hop that will certainly please fans of his music and of hip-hop as this will definitely be a record you cannot miss. Make sure to purchase your own copy on iTunes in just two weeks.

Full EP Track List

1. Is Anybody Out There (Ft. Nelly Furtado)

2. Nothing To Lose (Ft. Nas)

3. More Beautiful Than Silence

4. Better

5. Coming To America

So... Probably "Better" is written by Coldplay and given to K'naan.

Guys call me crazy but I have 3 theories-

1. The song will be a head-starter to a completely new recording session, like how Prospket's March started with Glass Of Water.
  2. The song is for the 2012 Olympic Games in London. Think about it. Alot of popular musicians of the times usually make songs for major sporting events. Embrace did one for the FIFA World Cup in 2006. Venessa Amarosi did one for our very own Sydney Olympics in 2000!
  3. The song is for Skyfall. There I said it. I'm too much of a bond fan to leave that alone. Come On! If Duran Duran, A-ha, Bono and The Edge, Tom Jones, Chris Cornell, Alicia Keys, Tina Turner and countless others were invited, why wouldn't Coldplay be a possibility? They have the sound and we all know how Chris could write any song he wanted. Come on, Skyfall! 'cause anything with Daniel Craig in it is awesome.

[*]The song is for Skyfall. There I said it. I'm too much of a bond fan to leave that alone. Come On! If Duran Duran, A-ha, Bono and The Edge, Tom Jones, Chris Cornell, Alicia Keys, Tina Turner and countless others were invited, why wouldn't Coldplay be a possibility? They have the sound and we all know how Chris could write any song he wanted. Come on, Skyfall! 'cause anything with Daniel Craig in it is awesome.

YES PLEASE ! A mixture between MM and CB