✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin has trouble sleeping, sought out therapist

LoryABjerre

Chris Martin has therapy because he can't sleep.

The Coldplay frontman - who has two children Apple, seven, and five-year-old Moses with wife Gwyneth Paltrow - sought professional help in order to cut down on the restless nights he frequently experiences.

Asked if it is true he sees a therapist once every time he releases an album, he said: "No, bit more than that. I have a lot of trouble sleeping. It's to do with that and what to take and not to take."

When he does get some sleep, Chris is plagued by nightmares, usually connected with the group's performances.

He explained: "I'll give you a classic dream I had last night. We were playing on Letterman and I was in a different key to everyone else. David Letterman came on and said, 'Can you stop? This is not very good. Can you do the other song?' And then, we start doing the other one and my shoe falls off.

"It goes a bit surreal after that but it always starts with playing a concert and there's some insurmountable problem. I have many more nightmares than dreams; probably nine to one. Real life is much better."

A song once came to Chris in a dream, which he showed to David Bowie - but the legendary singer told him it wasn't very good.

Chris recalled: "He said, 'I'm really sorry, but it's not your best.' He was very kind about it. I was like, 'You know what? You're probably right'. It might have been written by sleeping pills so I wasn't too personally offended."

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/articles/2011/12/29/20111229chris-martin-has-trouble-sleeping-sought-out-therapist.html

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the level of performance expected, I can understand why Chris is having trouble sleeping! It's similar to pre-exam jitters sounds like to me, which can be overcome with less self-pressures to perform flawlessly. We are at our best when we exist in the moment and can throw aside the weights of our own excessive expectations. It's a common problem though, we've all had to deal with in one sense or another! I hope Chris gets the rest he truly needs to stay strong and perform well.

Sometimes though little things like having a warm, comfortable place to sleep, or some familiar surroundings to keep one's bearings in life helps - all that time traveling probably makes it a challenge, plus jet lag maybe? You'd almost want to carry around some sort of wall coverings and familiar objects just to feel comfortable in one's surroundings before dozing off to sleep..

Now I really feel that this article was changed by the paps :thinking:

David Bowie and the celebrities have good musics and made the history of music, but the relational side with the fans are shit, groupies are objects of sex and this people only they mix with others celebrities and want perfect bimbos or women modern all be beautiful of showbiz.

Gwyneth is an exeption is a fan of Coldplay, it's natural that Chris has written songs for her.

So Chris Martin a kind man and respect people fans, groupies. I do not think he really loves the world of showbiz and its people.

Given the level of performance expected, I can understand why Chris is having trouble sleeping! It's similar to pre-exam jitters sounds like to me, which can be overcome with less self-pressures to perform flawlessly. We are at our best when we exist in the moment and can throw aside the weights of our own excessive expectations. It's a common problem though, we've all had to deal with in one sense or another! I hope Chris gets the rest he truly needs to stay strong and perform well.

Sometimes though little things like having a warm, comfortable place to sleep, or some familiar surroundings to keep one's bearings in life helps - all that time traveling probably makes it a challenge, plus jet lag maybe? You'd almost want to carry around some sort of wall coverings and familiar objects just to feel comfortable in one's surroundings before dozing off to sleep..

When I'm on the road I do just that. I have enough trouble sleeping at home, but on the road it's impossible. I take a picture of my cats, a candle and favorite candle holder, a pic of my favorite band and a couple of trinkets. It makes me feel right at home.

Chris spends so much time worrying about every little detail it's a wonder he sleeps at all. As for the authenticity of the article, it reads like Chris speaks, so I can believe it. And he's talked about sleep and sleeping pills before.

I remember Chris talked about the trouble before, but he didn't mention the dream.

Chris Martin on Howard Stern

(I love this interview so much!:rolleyes:)

in this thread article mention nightmares not dreams, but is this interview ?

not know English to understand the audio the guy who interview annoy or puzzling Chris, because he speaks of his family and Chris has never liked . more I feel that the man was joking and not speak serious with Chris as if Chris told things that did not make sense and that man think Chris is a fool. So is all strange :\

http://www.shabooty.com/2011/11/09/chris-martin-coldplay-on-howard-stern-show-audio-aka-mr-gwyneth-paltrow.php

When I'm on the road I do just that. I have enough trouble sleeping at home, but on the road it's impossible. I take a picture of my cats, a candle and favorite candle holder, a pic of my favorite band and a couple of trinkets. It makes me feel right at home.

Chris spends so much time worrying about every little detail it's a wonder he sleeps at all. As for the authenticity of the article, it reads like Chris speaks, so I can believe it. And he's talked about sleep and sleeping pills before.

Perhaps it's a hyperactive ?

I have a friend who knows English and translated to me all this article and interview. But she also said that the end is full of informative .

my friend said. Chris wanted to flee the affairs of showbiz of his wife and even thought that Chris not so interested much for his wife but much more interested in his musics and his band. she even believes it has lost its identity by trying to invent a girl, or imaginary friend in his songs because lack of love. and to escape his reality.

I do not know but I will ask him if it's true or not.

plus my friend said was much hot to really want in interview only a friend. she said clearly it will need a groupie.

Oh and I said

- why not me ? :wink3:

She laughed to me she told me :dozey:

- This man would be more interested in a beautiful woman groupie is a celebrity .

So but you know no one in the head of Chris Martin is a celebrity and no one knows him. why I ask him directly because it's all speculations .

but anyway a friend like Chris Martin to be cool a kind man with a sense of humour .

and again my best friend in real life (not the one have translated the interview) but her birthday is March 2.

I'm torn between the dreaaam of learning what's in his mind and a bit more about how it works, and the idea of not knowing anything more, to keep it magic :awesome:

Maybe my friend was a bit of truth ?

Chris lives in such a different planet. view all photos. how it not be happy, even Apple and Moses wanted their dad

bah maybe Europa Park be much better :thinking:

http://www.omgnews.com.au/paltrow-has-fun-with-the-kids-at-legoland-chris-martin-miserable-as-usual/

in this thread article mention nightmares not dreams, but is this interview ?
What do you mean? The article above that you posted says “A song once came to Chris in a dream

Maybe in French it got translated into 'nightmare', but if you read the article without translation you will read 'dream'. :)

Perhaps it's a hyperactive ?

I have a friend who knows English and translated to me all this article and interview. But she also said that the end is full of informative .

my friend said. Chris wanted to flee the affairs of showbiz of his wife and even thought that Chris not so interested much for his wife but much more interested in his musics and his band. she even believes it has lost its identity by trying to invent a girl, or imaginary friend in his songs because lack of love. and to escape his reality.

I do not know but I will ask him if it's true or not.

Hm, it seems your friend did not just translate the interviews but also mingled her own opinion/view into it. For you to understand interviews like these, it might be very helpful to learn English so you can read/listen to what they mean, instead of getting lost in translation. I’m sure you don’t need an expensive course for this, but can find tools online for free.
and again my best friend in real life (not the one have translated the interview) but her birthday is March 2.
Thank you for that very helpful piece of information. :)

Kim you said Chris Martin has dreams and not nightmares ? :thinking:

my best friend Romanian ,love Gwyneth and she wants to look like Gwyneth has an obsession with models and hates Chris Martin think it's a loser. but his ex boyfriends look like Chris Martin

they would make a lovely couple ? :inquisitive:

Geez, he's so nervous, I bet that's why he sweats so much... :\

you know I do not know if Chris Martin is a nervous man, but yes I know love only beautiful girls have power and makes him nervous :P

more have seen him called lots of adventure by the paps.

example :

[ame=http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkczfu_chris-martin-kate-bosworth-affair_people]Chris Martin & Kate Bosworth Affair? - Video Dailymotion@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video@@AMEPARAM@@video[/ame]

http://gossip.whyfame.com/kate-bosworth-relinking-affair-with-chris-martin-12638

kate_bosworth_coldplay_concert.jpg

Back in 2009, Star Magazine had a story about Chris Martin, Coldplay's frontman was cheating on Gwyneth Paltrow with Kate Bosworth.

They were seen partying together and acting like a couple in public. But that was then. Now, that Kate has been dumped by Alexander Skarsgard, she seems willing to get in touch with Chris again.

The actress was seen last night leaving a Coldplay concert in L.A. She was accompanied by a male friend who didn't seem to be her boyfriend, but more of a back-up friend. That means Goops has all the reasons to worry again. Kate is in town and she's dangerously beautiful.

and strange is hidden with varnish on fingers, is a complex man to really know his character :inquisitive:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-521769/Chris-Martin-shows-bizarre-red-nail-polish--wedding-ring.html

God I hate gossips like that about such great people like our beloved Chris!! That actually really upsets me way too much !!!!:veryangry2:

Hmmm...I don't know if anyone can really 'understand' Chris's mind,lol. ;)

Yeah I know but I am seriously thinking about switching major and study psychology just to have the slightest glimpse of what his mind is all about !!

:facepalm: paps :bomb:

I want to believe you, not interested in famous pretty stupid young girl blonde never kissed. :-(

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2009/11/chris_martin_denies_kiss_kate_bosworth.php

although I question the next paps ? :thinking:

plus he has never have of putting to bed a girl other than his wife Gwyneth Paltrow and dream he just on stage imaginative girl in head ( said on interview Howard Stern )

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVgpKQtEoqg]Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (Live on Letterman) - YouTube[/ame]