✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin has trouble sleeping, sought out therapist

LoryABjerre

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's butt out of people's personal life, eh? Just because someone is famous doesn't mean it's totally fine to gossip about something as personal as an affair.

One point I will raise - this is a discussion-based forum, after all

but do continue with whatever

Coldplay’s Chris Martin Seeks Professional Help for Sleep Therapy

Chris-Martin.jpg

Coldplay frontman Chris Martin recently opened up about his sleep disorder and how he receives professional help on a regular basis. The singer, father of two — Apple (7) and Moses (5) — and husband to the Oscar-winning actress Gweneth Paltrow, sought professional help for his problem to help him fall into a deeper sleep.

“I have a lot of trouble sleeping,” Martin tells Showbiz Spy. “It’s to do with [album releases] and what to take and not to take.”

Martin says on those nights when he does get some sleep, he typically has nightmares — most that have to do with his band — which keep his sleep pattern broken. “I’ll give you a classic dream,” Martin says. “We [are] playing on ‘Letterman’ and I was in a different key to everyone else. David Letterman came on and said, ‘Can you stop? This is not very good. Can you do the other song?’ And then, we start doing the other one and my shoe falls off.”

Martin continues: “It goes a bit surreal after that but it always starts with playing a concert and there’s some insurmountable problem. I have many more nightmares than dreams; probably nine to one. Real life is much better.”

However, not all of his dreams are negative when it comes to stuff about his career. One time a song idea came to Martin in the midst of his dream. He went on to share that particular dream and idea to David Bowie, but the legendary singer was honest, telling Martin “it’s not your best” idea.

“He was very kind about it,” Martin recalls. “I was like, ‘You know what? You’re probably right’ … It might have been written by sleeping pills, so I wasn’t too personally offended.”

This week and the new year has been off to a great start for Martin and his bandmates … The band’s latest single, ‘Paradise,’ has topped the U.K.’s singles chart, giving them a No. 1 song only 16 weeks after its release. The tune marks Coldplay’s second No. 1 single, following ‘Viva La Vida,’ which hit the top of the charts in June of 2008.

http://popcrush.com/coldplay-chris-martin-professional-help-sleep-therapy/

Chris Martin should have the energy not more trouble sleeping and even more be careful of his son Moses have much love .

it is his double :

030211_Chris-Martin-seen-holding-son-Moses-Martin_spl201707_001110302150431.jpg

42149PCN_ChrisMartin041.jpg

moses1.jpg

tumblr_lqbwempwtb1qeep17o1_500.jpg

fails it becomes hyperactive, much serious for a kid or depressed or is just the paps ? :inquisitive:

I saw his articles. a lack of affection as a baby but his mother Gwyneth Paltrow, can not do everything. is an active, modern woman like most women.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/article-23823792-i-had-no-maternal-feelings-for-my-son-when-he-was-born-admits-gwyneth-paltrow.do

http://www.madeformums.com/celebs/gwyneth-paltrow-confesses-to-leaving-sobbing-son/12978.html

^I just melted.

Apart from traveling, nightmares and his worries, which sucks, maybe he just doesn't need as much sleep. Because he's functioning OK, isn't he? I couldn't function if I suffered from insomnia. And Chris has always said he doesn't sleep much, even when he was still in college. (Can't remember the exact interview.)

I read this article the other day which said there's people who only have one gene which controls their sleeping pattern, while most people have two. The ones that missed that type of gene needed half as much sleep as the average person. Which came down to four hours a night instead of eight.

Sorry about the bump. Just check those^ pictures and you'll be grateful. :P

I've had insomnia my whole life, and can manage for a few days on little sleep, but I usually end up crashing hard if I'm not careful. I'm guessing Chris's little mishaps with the media probably happen when he's gone without enough sleep for too long and doesn't self-edit. There's only so much even people with the missing gene can take.

Aww i hope Chris can really get some sleep soon. He just worries to much! I wonder if any of the other band members (guy, will or jonny) have trouble sleeping...

in the video interview here, said that although they have problems sleeping. and take medications for sleep. :\

I knew for Guy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlYWIQWO748&list=FL7g8hCBZ38O3uXAjV7y1l9g&index=8&feature=plpp_video][2011.11.09] Howard - Chris Martin of Coldplay (1 of 7) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTc46kNYMRk&list=FL7g8hCBZ38O3uXAjV7y1l9g&index=7&feature=plpp_video][2011.11.09] Howard - Chris Martin of Coldplay (2 of 7) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgwtj4yqL7U&list=FL7g8hCBZ38O3uXAjV7y1l9g&index=6&feature=plpp_video][2011.11.09] Howard - Chris Martin of Coldplay (3 of 7) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn9O3_QBrwQ&list=FL7g8hCBZ38O3uXAjV7y1l9g&index=5&feature=plpp_video][2011.11.09] Howard - Chris Martin of Coldplay (4 of 7) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-UtV7u7bls&list=FL7g8hCBZ38O3uXAjV7y1l9g&index=4&feature=plpp_video][2011.11.09] Howard - Chris Martin of Coldplay (5 of 7) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB7PIAEegtU&list=FL7g8hCBZ38O3uXAjV7y1l9g&index=3&feature=plpp_video][2011.11.09] Howard - Chris Martin of Coldplay (6 of 7) - YouTube[/ame]

listen here in interview

Maybe the papers are exaggerating every thing, it's not like they haven't ever done that, ya know. :laugh3: Don't worry, be happy. :) And if you're all that concerned, then go find him and help him get to sleep better!:P

and yes it's so much in his head he can not sleep, living in his world. I also think it's a hyperactive .

So just LIVE and SLEEP WELL the fans need an energetic Chris Martin for the concerts :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn9O3_QBrwQ&feature=player_embedded][2011.11.09] Howard - Chris Martin of Coldplay (4 of 7) - YouTube[/ame]

^I just melted.

Apart from traveling, nightmares and his worries, which sucks, maybe he just doesn't need as much sleep. Because he's functioning OK, isn't he? I couldn't function if I suffered from insomnia. And Chris has always said he doesn't sleep much, even when he was still in college. (Can't remember the exact interview.)

I read this article the other day which said there's people who only have one gene which controls their sleeping pattern, while most people have two. The ones that missed that type of gene needed half as much sleep as the average person. Which came down to four hours a night instead of eight.

a person must sleep 7 hours

examples me I never sleep but that's because I have problems of many kind. I also dream of panic.

I try to understand what you said

^I just melted.

It's weird, actually. When I can't sleep, I sometimes listen to Coldplay. So what to do when you can't sleep and you are in Coldplay? :P

Write Coldplay songs!:D

HAHAHA..

I think you're right, some people really DO need less sleep. My Dad is one of them, he's never slept longer than four hours since I've known him, and that's a few years. hehe.. He does nap during the day now, but he's 88.. so I guess that's allowable! :D

Famously Margaret Thatcher - the UK's Old Prime Minister, always said she never slept longer than 3-4 hours a night.. (although that could explain a LOT ! :laugh3:).

VERY interesting on the gene thing... thanks for sharing that.

I imagine that Chris is probably one of those people who really do OK on less than 7 hours. Personally I'm not one of them and if I get sleep deprivation I am really really really cranky, and end up getting sick.. so I do try and get my allotted 6-7 hours a night. (This board doesn't help though, and I end up staying up late to read it! :laugh3:).

^It's just evil trying to go to bed when this place is here! Especially during leaks, lead-ups to singles and streaming gigs. But I'm glad it's here for us insomniacs. :D

Hey, Chris: If you can't sleep, why not log on here and join the fun.We don't bite...er well...never mind that last bit and stay out of your pic thread. Your nightmares will only get worse,lol. :wink3:

I have chronic insomnia and had to take medication once as it became so severe ( like 2 hours for a week before the exams). But I actually have a thing that I Dont get tired or anything unless I cant sleep for more than a week. Then I actually become bad tempered and cranky. I guess chris has a similar problem though he is much much older than me and has to deal with a lot more than I have to.

I wonder if Chris has a secret account on this site. We might actually have interacted with him unknowingly.

^According to the Mods, none of the guys have accounts, but you never know. God, I'd be mortified if I thought Chris or anyone in the band read some of these threads,lol. Maybe I'd better amend my comments about Rihanna? :laugh3:

NO! Why should you? I mean if any person of their management or even them have accounts they should read what the fans think right? I mean why should we censor ourselves? They should read our comments and try to incorporate our message into their work!!!