• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GPASUYF

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajYUlpck8kM[/ame]

Princess Of China

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzM_G83IN34[/ame]

The Scientist

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeB00tF0VqY[/ame]

I was sitting at the pool circle last night. I saw the roadie brought in at least 30 people from the back. They are mostly teenagers. Some of them wore Coldplay t-shirts. A few of them actually got to sit right next to the cameraman, which is right in front of Chris. They brought in people pretty early, some before the 1st support band start singing. If anyone is hoping for upgrade in future shows, get there early!

I sat in the side of the pool with my six years old daughter on row 6. The security guard is very nice. He said my daughter can stand right in front of the stage if she wants to (because she is short, won't be able to see in row 6). When Coldplay came out, the teenage girl in the 1st row stood up from her seat to watch the show. The guard waved us over and told my daughter to stand on that girl's chair. I got to stand next to her. We basically got upgraded to 1 st row by the nice guard. :D

Oh wow that's very very cool :D :D :D

And that's a very good advice thank you ^^ :awesome:

On my phone so this will be short. Oh my goodness. What a DAY! Many thanks to Erick. I'd signed up to volunteer but they were full. Thurs night Erick texted me saying he thought there were drop outs and did I want him to ask. I said ok. He let me know at about noon on Friday, and I needed to be there in 3 hours! Great experience with oxfam. We collected signatures for the Grow campaign. Very fun and the fans were very nice to us. Anyway after we were trained, we had some free time so some of us walked into the empty Bowl, wearing our tshirts and some were in costume. Chris was walking around the Bowl, saw us and came over to thank us! Amazing!!! I spoke to him for a couple of minutes, a real conversation, about Idol, and he remembered me! Asked of they were going to play Speed of Sound, he said he wasn't sure, it was shaky the other night. I said it was beautiful and he thanked me :) said theyd be doing something for Adam. He shook my hand and took the pictures and stayed until everyone who wanted a pic got one. He said a few times he had to go but didn't leave until everyone was done. SO nice and gracious and funny and thankful. It couldn't have been more awesome. 6104515c-50a3-872f.jpg

There are other reviews of the concert. So I won't review but I did video UATW and has to watch again to see that I really saw what I thought I saw. OMG.

One more show for me today. I can't believe I've seen them 6 times this week!!! Unbelievable.

Oh wow, that's so so great. :awesome:

I know people might have told you so often, but YOU ARE INCREDIBELY LUCKY TO HAVE MET HIM. :awesome: :D :shocked2: And it's always so cool to hear that he's so nice and charming ;)

And woww 6 times that's a lot :cool:

I'm happy that everyone had a great night there. :)

Still hoping for a vid showing Chris kissing Gwyneth !

All I can say is wow...the show last night was amazing. We had pretty great seats in a garden terrace box. The is the first concert that I can remember where I didn't sit the entire show, not even once.

I was a little disappointed because I was sitting in the aisle where the boys run down after they perform on the C stage and I was hoping to touch Chris but he ran down the middle instead so he could kiss Gwyneth. The rest of the boys did run right past me...I could have touched them.

Dianne has been to so many shows that she deserves to be able to put "Honorary Coldplay Roadie" on her resume.

Anyway, wasn't able to hit up any of these Bowl shows (even though I live 40 minutes from the place) but the lighting and effects look awesome from the videos. A lot of bands feel really restricted when they're forced to use the Bowl's unique screens and lights, so I'm glad Coldplay found ways to be creative with it.

Forgive me but I haven't seen live PoC footage until now, and damn, that's lazy as hell. Either get a touring female vocalist to sub in for Rihanna or cut that song out.

My brief review:

The show was flawless. Not one mistake, which in a way is kind of disappointing since it's always a special moment when someone screws up on UATW or something. But I'm not complaining. All the things you take for granted- the fireworks, the lighting, the amplification- were all perfect, which I appreciate. The band had outstanding energy, and the crowd reciprocated that energy ten-fold. You could tell everyone was having a good time. The setlist flowed very nicely, and the Beastie Boys tribute was very special. And what about the Hollywood Bowl? Great venue.

I will go to many more Coldplay concerts in the future, but I doubt anything will top this.

I recorded Yellow last night. This is just the part where Chris dedicates it to Gwyneth. Excuse the crappiness of the video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox09O6-C2s8&list=UUBuXbjNzj6OfeGNiUjwTlHQ&index=1&feature=plpp_video]Chris dedicates Yellow to Gwyneth - Hollywood Bowl May 4th, 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

F.I.N.A.L.L.Y[/size]

Not to sound ungrateful <g>, but do you have the rest of it? :D

Where are your good manners? Please thank the poster please!:laugh3: Now we just need a pic of the kiss and everything will be perfect in the universe. :laugh3::laugh3:

TY TY

I just uploaded "Yellow" if anyone wants it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JG5J3H7cHo]Coldplay- Yellow Hollywood Bowl 5.4.12 - YouTube[/ame]

edit: And here is Major Minus too. :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abf2HPu3xjc]Coldplay Hollywood Bowl 5.4.12 "Major Minus" - YouTube[/ame]